Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
13 Oct 2022 19:40
:thwap: No one is saying run it all the time. Yes, be multiple. But maybe make the easier and right choice a little more often. Maybe choose the option that is working best that day a little more often. Maybe give the ball to your best players a little more often.

I'm sorry. I usually far from the most negative person on this board. But this team is pissing me off lately.
Wow, stenabich was a heckuva OL coach but his tenure at OC is off to a trash start. Honestly tho, I’m not sure what he even does at OC. I doubt he’s designing many clever plays like Hackett did and we know Rodgers and Lafleur run the playcalling show.

But that answer is clown. Good offenses actually do dictate terms. They don’t let the defense tell them what they will be doing. Plenty of offenses of winning teams play to their strengths and make you stop them. Just ask the Pats (not good offense right now but good complimentary STs and DEF), the Giants (pounding saquon when every body knows what’s coming, the chiefs (throwing to kelce even when he’s double covered), and especially the Ravens (running the ball with backs and lamar with 8 in the box).

I mean we even did the same last year. Rodgers would throw to Adams all the time when he was doubled. Adams was just good enough to justify going his way anyway…well now the backs are “Adams” for the offense, and even if the d looks setup to stop the run…they are good enough to be given the ball anyway.

Jones will never get more than 10 Carries a game with that mentality, because defenses can always line up to stop the run against us…because they aren’t scared of any of our receivers.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Oct 2022 08:29
Alright guys, I’m having trouble deciding on a Packers jersey. I’m gonna pick up an alternate jersey today. I’m leaning towards Aaron Jones but not sure how much longer he’ll be on the team or if that’s really matters.
no reason for Jones to go anywhere he's on the 2nd year of a 4 year extension and is our most explosive player, but if ya want one for a player that appears to have a bright future here Doubs would be a good option too.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
15 Oct 2022 09:27
Acrobat wrote:
Alright guys, I’m having trouble deciding on a Packers jersey. I’m gonna pick up an alternate jersey today. I’m leaning towards Aaron Jones but not sure how much longer he’ll be on the team or if that’s really matters.
no reason for Jones to go anywhere he's on the 2nd year of a 4 year extension and is our most explosive player, but if ya want one for a player that appears to have a bright future here Doubs would be a good option too.
Yeah I am also considering Doubs but you just never know at this point where his career would go. Even if Jones were to be a salary cap casualty and go somewhere else, I feel like he’ll always be adored by Packers fans too.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Oct 2022 11:07
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Yeah I am also considering Doubs but you just never know at this point where his career would go. Even if Jones were to be a salary cap casualty and go somewhere else, I feel like he’ll always be adored by Packers fans too.
Doubs Career is just barely scratching the surface, I feel confident that Doubs very soon will be our feature receiver, he's had a few drops, but 22 catches on 29 targets, thats over 70%, I'd be giving him a few more targets a game, we's going to love Doubs too :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Oct 2022 17:19
:lol:

:hide:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is what pisses me off the most. Aaron Jones got 9 carries and 4 targets. AJ Dillon got 10 carries and 6 target. Matt LaFleur, you talk about getting Aaron Jones the ball more and then you come out and do this nonsense. You had AJ Dillon starting the game FFS. Those are scripted plays! You scripted Aaron Jones OFF THE FIELD! Jones had 6 carries or targets in the first half, SIX! At some point your actions need to match your words. Stop your QB from talking about taking more deep shots, nut up, and run this team with intensity and creativity.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

One bright spot is the change in defensive backend philosophy. I would bet when it comes out on Wednesday, we will see that we played man more than half the time, which would be a huge jump over any other game this year. The DBs responded well to it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:16
One bright spot is the change in defensive backend philosophy. I would bet when it comes out on Wednesday, we will see that we played man more than half the time, which would be a huge jump over any other game this year. The DBs responded well to it.
The play I loved the most was in the first half when it was 3rd and 2 and we played press man and made it so hard on Wilson and the receivers.

It was so refreshing to not see us "gift" them 4 yards but instead force them to earn it.

And they didn't earn it. It was awesome. I didn't mind getting beat deep. I also didn't mind the TD run on the left side with the TE leaking out (incredible play call) Those will happen. The only thing I minded from yesterday was the poor tackling in the 2nd half and allowing Hall to make moves.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:16
The play I loved the most was in the first half when it was 3rd and 2 and we played press man and made it so hard on Wilson and the receivers.

It was so refreshing to not see us "gift" them 4 yards but instead force them to earn it.

And they didn't earn it. It was awesome. I didn't mind getting beat deep. I also didn't mind the TD run on the left side with the TE leaking out (incredible play call) Those will happen. The only thing I minded from yesterday was the poor tackling in the 2nd half and allowing Hall to make moves.
Now we just need to stop being so passive along the DL. Compare and contrast to what the Jets did. They mixed in 2 gap and 1 gap penetrating styles, which gave our offensive line fits. Too often, especially in the 2nd half, we sat in a 2 gap defensive line scheme and got blown off the ball. Need to mix it up more. Look at our personnel and play more to their strengths instead of having this overarching vision of how it should work.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Also part of the reason for the struggles stopping the run.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Has anyone else considered that maybe Rodgers has reached the age that QBs lose their skills? Just because he says he might want to keep playing into his 40s doesn't mean he will be able to physically. QBs reach an age where they lose their legs (strength and running) and arm strength and accuracy. There haven't been very many Bradys or Blandas. Most QBs lose their abilities in their late 30s.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

williewasgreat wrote:
17 Oct 2022 10:57
Has anyone else considered that maybe Rodgers has reached the age that QBs lose their skills? Just because he says he might want to keep playing into his 40s doesn't mean he will be able to physically. QBs reach an age where they lose their legs (strength and running) and arm strength and accuracy. There haven't been very many Bradys or Blandas. Most QBs lose their abilities in their late 30s.
I considered that multiple times yesterday. He'll have his flashes of brilliance but then completely miss an easy throw.

In all fairness though, I don't know that he lost his arm. If anything he looks more like he did in 2015 and the beginning of 2016.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
15 Oct 2022 15:58
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Doubs Career is just barely scratching the surface, I feel confident that Doubs very soon will be our feature receiver, he's had a few drops, but 22 catches on 29 targets, thats over 70%, I'd be giving him a few more targets a game, we's going to love Doubs too :aok:
It's a tad early to judge Doubs. If memory serves there was a good sized crowd telling us Adams was a bust early in his career. I'm not saying Doubs will be the second coming of Adams but he does have some intriguing skills.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The key to winning. Add more WRs with hammy issues.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
17 Oct 2022 11:33
Yoop wrote:
15 Oct 2022 15:58
Acrobat wrote:

It's a tad early to judge Doubs. If memory serves there was a good sized crowd telling us Adams was a bust early in his career. I'm not saying Doubs will be the second coming of Adams but he does have some intriguing skills.
well I sure wasn't one of the guys that thought Adams was a bust, his main problem year two where injury's which probably robbed his concentration and he dropped some, but like Adams, Doubs has ability that tends to grow in the right system, and his catch to target rate bare that out, specially so since some of his catches where tough, contested, and not exactly perfectly thrown, which has me convinced he should have a great career, as Rodgers said we have to get him the ball more.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Packers claimed some 6th round rookie big OL that has already been dumped by 2 teams.

We don't use the other OL we have. What's the point?
RIP JustJeff