Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

That was a face stomp. :cry:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Watch the Commies hang 35 on us next week...
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow, 3 score loss at home, some one needs get fired, cut or benched, that is not acceptable.

And don’t even tell me about bad WRs, if Aaron can’t hand the ball of to Dillon without fumbling, or we can’t Kick the ball without it being blocked, we got much much bigger issues

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:08
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:07
I still don't understand how an O-line with Bakh, Jenkins, Runyan, and Myers with Nijman on the bench can be this bad. It defies logic.
You forgot the weak link:
Unless Newman is screwing up on purpose, one guy shouldn't be able to drag down the whole unit!
I believe the vast majority of the pressure came off the right side today. Couple that with Jenkins struggling, it isn't good...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
Lafleur shook Salahs hand and gave him hug. Hes too nice. Shanahan would have either pimp slapped Salah or shot him a bird as he brushed him off.
Had he punched Salah in the face I can't see a difference. What's ur point? Isn't mlf the 13 win a year savant?

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:07
I still don't understand how an O-line with Bakh, Jenkins, Runyan, and Myers with Nijman on the bench can be this bad. It defies logic.
You forgot the weak link:
Unless Newman is screwing up on purpose, one guy shouldn't be able to drag down the whole unit!
There is always a scapegoat here on the forum. Newman is next up.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

No doubt this can implode badly, so badly that when MM comes to town we might talk about tanking or not tanking the season. The real headscratcher is that the whole team looks like a work area: defense, offense, ST - all have multiple issues. It is a real challenge for MLF. I have no idea where to start and what to do. :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:05
NCF wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Oct 2022 14:56

Im curious how many times we are going to say we play down to competition until we realize we are actually down competition.
As soon as we stop winning the NFCN year after year and advancing in the playoffs, etc. Seasons come with adversity. This isn’t new.
Sounds like a Homer hanging on by a thread. Go pack go.
One of us has been right more often than not and it isn’t you.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good
Rbs good but just not that valuable

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay, I have seen enough; I am ready for the Nuclear Option. That's right, blow it up.

Out with LaFleur, Steno, Barry, and Rodgers (i.e. Aaron, getting rid of Amari goes without saying).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:30
Realist wrote:
NCF wrote:

As soon as we stop winning the NFCN year after year and advancing in the playoffs, etc. Seasons come with adversity. This isn’t new.
Not this year
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
16 Oct 2022 07:18
This is the least excited I've been for a game in a while
Sorry to quote myself, but it's meant to say that I think we can all say that we saw this coming if we are honest with ourselves. You could argue that we only deserved to beat the Bears this year. Really is a shame how it fell apart so fast, I really can't explain it.

And now we have Rodgers nuclear bomb contract waiting to erupt.

I'm not even mad, I'm defeated. It'll be a while before I'm excited for a Packers game again and that makes me really sad

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Lucky for us this is an ugly year throughout the league.

I really believe if they straighten out the OL we can get on a roll. Hard to win in this league with an immobile QB these days. So protection is key.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

packman114 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:55
Lucky for us this is an ugly year throughout the league.

I really believe if they straighten out the OL we can get on a roll. Hard to win in this league with an immobile QB these days. So protection is key.
True on one hand we have some cushion and more time to figure it out due to league wide suckdom…on other hand…dang if we had it together the NFC really looks ripe for the taking this season. Sucks we may not be in position to take advantage of that.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:33
Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good
Rbs good but just not that valuable
What part of QB or RBs looked good today?

Rodgers was off all day, couldn’t throw in rhythm, very inaccurate throughout missed open WRs all day, RBs couldn’t pick a hole or break a tackle or catch or take handoffs.

Not sure how every level doesn’t get a poor.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:30
Realist wrote:
NCF wrote:

Keep the faith ncf. You have forgotten more about football then I will ever know.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:43
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
Sorry to quote myself, but it's meant to say that I think we can all say that we saw this coming if we are honest with ourselves. You could argue that we only deserved to beat the Bears this year. Really is a shame how it fell apart so fast, I really can't explain it.

I'm not even mad, I'm defeated. It'll be a while before I'm excited for a Packers game again and that makes me really sad
Yeah, Rodgers play relative to his contract is gonna be a huge hindrance. Having that contractual albatross hanging around the organization’s neck is gonna make adding quality players a challenge going forward.

I guess I’m more disappointed than anything. The expectations for this year were so high but there’s under-achievement all over the roster. Coaching, players, execution, adjustments. It’s been a complete failure thus far even in the wins. Pretty deflating for us fans.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Wonder how Gutey feels giving Rodgers 50m, while he then goes of and does hallucigenics in the off-season instead of showing up at OTAs, and then comes back and looks average.

Rodgers should have been traded. He would have been if Love had shown himself to be worth a dam.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:07
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

Yeah, Rodgers play relative to his contract is gonna be a huge hindrance. Having that contractual albatross hanging around the organization’s neck is gonna make adding quality players a challenge going forward.

I guess I’m more disappointed than anything. The expectations for this year were so high but there’s under-achievement all over the roster. Coaching, players, execution, adjustments. It’s been a complete failure thus far even in the wins. Pretty deflating for us fans.
Keep that in mind when we keep extending players for crazy money. We had a chance to move Rodgers. Now we are stuck in limbo for years. We also offered Adam's crazy money. Bad business for a team with no owner. Except for stockholders of course.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:18
APB wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:07
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

Keep that in mind when we keep extending players for crazy money. We had a chance to move Rodgers. Now we are stuck in limbo for years. We also offered Adam's crazy money. Bad business for a team with no owner. Except for stockholders of course.
Don’t forget Bakh