Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
17 Oct 2022 18:02
Packers claimed some 6th round rookie big OL that has already been dumped by 2 teams.

We don't use the other OL we have. What's the point?
Backup guard, looks like Hanson might be done.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
17 Oct 2022 11:40
The key to winning. Add more WRs with hammy issues.
At least they are looking. But IMO they are going to have to make a trade for a veteran player instead of screwing around with more unproven green receivers. We have plenty of them already on the roster.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:30
The lone bright spot about our beleaguered OL was Bak played great yesterday so that is encouraging.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
17 Oct 2022 18:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:30
The lone bright spot about our beleaguered OL was Bak played great yesterday so that is encouraging.
Myers was pretty good too.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of crazy. The teams we lost to are a collective 14-4 right now.

Never as bad, or good, as it seems.

Always knew they would take a few months to hopefully put it together.

Just keep treading water for now, start putting it together.

Biggest thing wrong right now, seems to be effort, attitude and execution. Stems from coaching and veteran leadership (or lack their of).

Still have the talent on the roster to do anything they want to do. We start 3-3 the year we won the super bowl. Let’s just go beat the Commanders and see how we look after that.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is where favorable looks need to take a bit of a backseat to imposing your will.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 08:28
Here is where favorable looks need to take a bit of a backseat to imposing your will.
Funny, think I saw Aaron was 2nd in the league at pass attempts behind the line of scrimmage at like 32%.

Dink, dink, drink, dink, 3rd and 1, WE NEED A TD THIS PLAY!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 08:01
Put me in the camp of putting Jenkins at LG and moving Runyan to RG.

Jenkins was great at LT last year, think he just looks better opening that way. Get your best players where they belong, fill in the gaps after that.

Given Elgton struggles, not super excited about Nijman playing RT. I’d prefer Tom out there. Frankly I didn’t hate Newman out there. I think he’s more of a tackle anyway. Maybe could be like Billy Turner, just better at T than G.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... n-offense/

Between this and the obsession with taking deep shots, I am starting to think there is little buy in...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

real simple, if we don't get the deep passing to be a threat we will be one and done come playoffs, teams are shutting down most of our short game, Rodgers (mostly) and these receivers have to get that working, even a completion or two a game will soften up the underneath stuff.

obviously doing it to much as we see is frustrating and over kill, specially when where losing and aren't running enough, apparently practice during the week has had some success, it just isn't transferring to real games, but we have to be able to throw deep balls.

we brought in a rookie 6th round tackle but the article is already off the yahoo page

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Passes the eye test

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 09:36

Between this and the obsession with taking deep shots, I am starting to think there is little buy in...
I agree with the tempo part. Has anyone else noticed when TV shows the huddle it takes Aaron 5-8 seconds to make the play call. He gets it in his ear around the 17-19 second mark and they don't get to the line until 10 seconds or less are on the clock. Then its either cadence games or motion that bring it to the last second. But I do think our best run plays on Sunday came off the jet sweep with Amari Rodgers flashing across the formation.

As for Jenkins, I think a lot of his troubles at RT are caused by Newman messing up the stunts. If Yosh can't play RT, then I'm all for giving Tom a shot. His size concerns me though, but we can always put a TE over there to help out.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

packman114 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:04
Pckfn23 wrote:

I agree with the tempo part.
Yet that is just an excuse. It takes 3-4 seconds extra to run tempo with motion and unless it is a few minutes before half or end of game, that should not matter.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Oct 2022 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Guy I defended us taking in the draft, now the best player on the team. :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Looks like the annual ‘Packers interested in trading for WR’ season has commenced.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:14
I’m just mad he didn’t get that sack against the Giants cause of the stupid penalty on Rasul.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:04
Pckfn23 wrote:

I agree with the tempo part. Has anyone else noticed when TV shows the huddle it takes Aaron 5-8 seconds to make the play call. He gets it in his ear around the 17-19 second mark and they don't get to the line until 10 seconds or less are on the clock. Then its either cadence games or motion that bring it to the last second. But I do think our best run plays on Sunday came off the jet sweep with Amari Rodgers flashing across the formation.

As for Jenkins, I think a lot of his troubles at RT are caused by Newman messing up the stunts. If Yosh can't play RT, then I'm all for giving Tom a shot. His size concerns me though, but we can always put a TE over there to help out.
It's always taken 10 seconds for Rodgers to get everyone on the same page in the huddle, because he has to deal with to many young and average players, even pre set he has to move people to where there suppose to be, this is common though across the league, this stuff is complicated, Rodgers has said some of it is to complicated for even some of the vets.

Newman can't help Jenkins with his kick step, Jenkins struggles in pass pro have to do with his agility, he's slow to set up his anchor and get pushed around do to that, he is fine as a run blocker when he can be the aggressor.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
thats the ticket then, draft all our players to be good ( great) 4 years after drafting them, then pay moocho millions to retain them a year later.

me thinks a 80 grade from PFF has more to do with Gary standing out amongst some under achievers, like Campbell, Amos, savage, etc.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:24
Labrev wrote:
thats the ticket then, draft all our players to be good ( great) 4 years after drafting them, then pay moocho millions to retain them a year later.

me thinks a 80 grade from PFF has more to do with Gary standing out amongst some under achievers, like Campbell, Amos, savage, etc.
Mike Williams.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto