Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2022 14:27
BF004 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:15
Looks like the annual ‘Packers interested in trading for WR’ season has commenced.
Yep.

I've seen talk suggesting Chase Claypool from Pittsburgh or Tee Higgins from Cincy could be possible trade targets.

The argument for Higgins makes sense in theory. They just paid Tyler Boyd and will be paying J'Marr Chase soon thus leaving Higgins as the odd man out come extension time.

I'd absolutely love it but I don't see a snowballs chance in hell the Bengals trade away a big piece of their offense whilst actively competing for a SB title.
DJ Moore would be interesting.

He got the huge contract extension, yet after looking at it, he’d be super cheap this year, but then his salary would blow up to like 19 and then 20+ million for the remainder.

Might cost like a 2nd to trade for him, maybe more. But then we can just trade him next offseason. Hopefully after solid production with Aaron. Could possibly get our pick back, or more, less. But we likely couldn’t manage his future salary.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 16:56
APB wrote:
BF004 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:15
Looks like the annual ‘Packers interested in trading for WR’ season has commenced.
Yep.

I've seen talk suggesting Chase Claypool from Pittsburgh or Tee Higgins from Cincy could be possible trade targets.

The argument for Higgins makes sense in theory. They just paid Tyler Boyd and will be paying J'Marr Chase soon thus leaving Higgins as the odd man out come extension time.

I'd absolutely love it but I don't see a snowballs chance in hell the Bengals trade away a big piece of their offense whilst actively competing for a SB title.

He got the huge contract extension, yet after looking at it, he’d be super cheap this year, but then his salary would blow up to like 19 and then 20+ million for the remainder.

Might cost like a 2nd to trade for him, maybe more. But then we can just trade him next offseason. Hopefully after solid production with Aaron. Could possibly get our pick back, or more, less. But we likely couldn’t manage his future salary.
Adams would have cost us 30m~ and we would have him signed. I think we'd be fine.

DJ Moore has me interested.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
18 Oct 2022 16:59
BF004 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 16:56
APB wrote:

Yep.

Adams would have cost us 30m~ and we would have him signed. I think we'd be fine.

DJ Moore has me interested.
Davante offer was before Campbell, Rasul and keeping Crosby, Dean, Preston and Amos. Don’t think those are mutually exclusive. I’d say minimum 4 of those guys, 2 of which are Campbell and Rasul, are not packers if we extend Davante.

However given how Rasul and Campbell have been playing, I might be okay with that, lol.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2022 14:18
??

Are you saying the quick-hitter, short passing game is what the Packers refer to as playing "uptempo"?
I don't know what coaches call it, but yes those are uptempo schemes, and I'am sure a whole section of the play book has play designs that focus on getting the ball out of Rodgers hands fast, and while we may use them in a hurry up setting where clock management dictates getting plays off fast, the uptempo plays are used throughout the game and are not dependent on the clock.

one is used because of time restraints, the other to change the tempo of the offense.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

No
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 15:03
again, as it pertains to us, the term up tempo has been used to describe the time the QB takes to release the ball,
No one defines uptempo that way and Aaron Rodgers was certainly not defining it that way. Motion would have little to nothing to do with the what is being described above. Instead, Rodgers was talking about how it takes time to set, motion and possibly get reset and how he sees that as affecting an uptempo offense. Nothing to do with QB time to release the ball.

Here is exactly what Rodgers said:
“When you have so much motion, it’s hard to get tempo going. You always have to make sure you’re set, and you have a motion, or a double motion, or a jet off of it,” Rodgers said.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2022 13:40
I wish I had yoop's confidence.

I swear yoop could be in a 150 member band and his horn is way off tune but in yoop's mind...his horn is perfect and everyone else is off but him. :lol:
I don't bend when I believe I'am right about something, often though, sometimes I wish I would,that way I would have to listen to you slam me. :nono:

this is again a issue of my lack of ability to express what I'am trying to say

obviously uptempo is a part of hurry up offense, however we use uptempo offense as much as every other series through out games, so it is not restricted by either time or distance to score as a hurry up is, whole portions of the playbook are devoted to speeding up the time it takes for Rodgers to get rid of the ball.

so to me uptempo is a scheme thing, Hurry up is a time thing, do you still not see the difference in these terms?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 18:13
No
Pckfn23 wrote:
again, as it pertains to us, the term up tempo has been used to describe the time the QB takes to release the ball,
No one defines uptempo that way and Aaron Rodgers was certainly not defining it that way. Motion would have little to nothing to do with the what is being described above. Instead, Rodgers was talking about how it takes time to set, motion and possibly get reset and how he sees that as affecting an uptempo offense. Nothing to do with QB time to release the ball.

“When you have so much motion, it’s hard to get tempo going. You always have to make sure you’re set, and you have a motion, or a double motion, or a jet off of it,” Rodgers said.
hey, if you don't think all that activity in the backfield doesn't affect the tempo, make everything a bit more complicated I guess you think you know more then Rodgers, and obviously more then me, why are you stuck teaching JV football.

uptempo is a design to lesson the time from Snap, to release, to ball arriving at the catch point, thats just how simple this is, if it's not called upping the tempo of a offense, then what is? when teams have 25 sec. to the half from the 40 they are referred to as being in a hurry up situation, any scheme may be used, could be a long developing pass to the EZ, or a uptempo get the ball out fast short pass to the side lines.

saying uptempo offense is the same as a hurry up situation, are two different things.

and I'am done arguing this &%$@, wtf.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I mean of course “more motion” is more complex than “less motion”, but these are nfl players. Rookie or not they’ve been playing football for a long time. Motion is run at every level. Little guys just need to grow up.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 18:22
go pak go wrote:

I swear yoop could be in a 150 member band and his horn is way off tune but in yoop's mind...his horn is perfect and everyone else is off but him. :lol:
I don't bend when I believe I'am right about something, often though, sometimes I wish I would,that way I would have to listen to you slam me. :nono:

I slam you because you deserve to be slammed. You say stuff that is so clearly wrong and people call you out on it. Instead of saying "oh hey thanks I didn't know that"....you dig in for 4 thread pages.

The term uptempo offense really became popularized in the early 2010's when it was a form of offense trying to get a play snapped within 25 or fewer seconds. The thought was to maximize the amount of plays an offense could run in a game.

Mike McCarthy tried it but the guy who really took it to a new level was Chip Kelly in Philly where they'd target running like 90 plays in a game.

What you are describing is simply a quick pass concept. :lol:
Last edited by go pak go on 18 Oct 2022 19:28, edited 3 times in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 18:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 18:13
No
Pckfn23 wrote:

hey, if you don't think all that activity in the backfield doesn't affect the tempo, make everything a bit more complicated I guess you think you know more then Rodgers, and obviously more then me, why are you stuck teaching JV football.

uptempo is a design to lesson the time from Snap, to release, to ball arriving at the catch point, thats just how simple this is, if it's not called upping the tempo of a offense, then what is? when teams have 25 sec. to the half from the 40 they are referred to as being in a hurry up situation, any scheme may be used, could be a long developing pass to the EZ, or a uptempo get the ball out fast short pass to the side lines.

saying uptempo offense is the same as a hurry up situation, are two different things.

and I'am done arguing this &%$@, wtf.
You are using a term you don't understand and assigning a definition that is wrong. Uptempo does not refer to getting the ball out quickly...
So, what is "tempo"?
Simply put, it describes the pace of play. Practitioners of the no-huddle/hurry-up offense want to operate at a fast pace, leading to more plays, first downs and scoring opportunities while also wearing down opponents, limiting defensive substitutions and slowing the implementation of different defensive tactics throughout the game. When a no-huddle/hurry-up attack operates at optimal speed, the defense is at the offense's mercy, and defensive coordinators are rendered helpless on the sideline.
https://www.nfl.com/news/up-tempo-offen ... 0000377868
As such, coaches like Urban Meyer, Hugh Freeze, and Gus Malzahn (who wrote a book about it) have fully adopted the idea of going uptempo between plays, looking to snap the ball quickly from one play to the next.
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... e-offenses

Just 2 of many articles that explain what uptempo is.

What you are talking about is quick passing concepts or the quick passing game.
https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011 ... -passing-i

Motion does not directly affect quick passing. You can have quick passing with or without motion. Rodgers was talking about the actual definition of uptempo where they want to speed up the game and the time from player down to snap of the ball. That can be affected by motion somewhat. His quote speaks to that.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2022 19:26
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I slam you because you deserve to be slammed. You say stuff that is so clearly wrong and people call you out on it. Instead of saying "oh hey thanks I didn't know that"....you dig in for 4 thread pages.

The term uptempo offense really became popularized in the early 2010's when it was a form of offense trying to get a play snapped within 25 or fewer seconds. The thought was to maximize the amount of plays an offense could run in a game.

Mike McCarthy tried it but the guy who really took it to a new level was Chip Kelly in Philly where they'd target running like 90 plays in a game.

Yoopies an old man that likes to hit the bong. Totally legendary. Let’s respect the elders.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I suppose I should goggle everything I say, I described these two things as I've come to know them, I should have known that nerds like you and others here would nit pick it apart, because that has become the norm here, unless a comment doesn't agree with what some ink peddler says, people rip it apart

uptempo is changing the speed of the offense, thats it, find any fancy write up, it doesn't matter why uptempo started, we all remember what Mccarthy said about getting more plays, we all remember the clock he used to speed Rodgers up.

you guys just refuse to acknowledge that speeding up the tempo of the offense isn't restricted to lack of clock and the need to quickly score points, and after 4 pages of trying to explain the difference between the two, I give up.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 19:58
I suppose I should goggle everything I say, I described these two things as I've come to know them, I should have known that nerds like you and others here would nit pick it apart, because that has become the norm here, unless a comment doesn't agree with what some ink peddler says, people rip it apart

uptempo is changing the speed of the offense, thats it, find any fancy write up, it doesn't matter why uptempo started, we all remember what Mccarthy said about getting more plays, we all remember the clock he used to speed Rodgers up.

you guys just refuse to acknowledge that speeding up the tempo of the offense isn't restricted to lack of clock and the need to quickly score points, and after 4 pages of trying to explain the difference between the two, I give up.
Never surrender Yoop

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 19:56
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yoopies an old man that likes to hit the bong. Totally legendary. Let’s respect the elders.
that doesn't make me a idiot, uptempo is a scheme, Hurry up is a situation, one is completely different then the other

which was my comment 4 pages back to APB. then the tongue twisting began as it always does, it's useless for me to try and converse with people who's only intent is to twist the point I try and make. so $%@# it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:

You give up because you're wrong. 8-) Rodgers's own quote proved that before you even made your first post on the subject.

Uptempo is not a scheme. No one is twisting anything you say. They are calling you out for what you actually say.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 20:08
Yoop wrote:

You give up because you're wrong. 8-) Rodgers's own quote proved that before you even made your first post on the subject.

Uptempo is not a scheme.
bull &%$@, when plays are designed to lesson the time the QB holds the ball then wtf is it? it's raising and quickening the tempo of the play, you can't just say it's a pass play since we also option to run during that same hurry up, you and other here are rediculous, of course those are schemed up plays

I dont give two &%$@ if you don't think adding motion changes tempo, as long as Rodgers said it,I'll take his word for it cause it makes sense that it would.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's the quick passing concepts or quick passing scheme.

You aren't taking Rodgers' word for it. You are changing what he said. This is what he said, "“When you have so much motion, it’s hard to get tempo going. You always have to make sure you’re set, and you have a motion, or a double motion, or a jet off of it,” Rodgers said." how does that equate to release time? Think really hard on the bolded part.

At some point when you are claiming something that everyone else tells you is false, you might want to look in the mirror and reevaluate your position.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Oct 2022 20:36, edited 3 times in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 20:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Uptempo is not a scheme.
bull &%$@, when plays are designed to lesson the time the QB holds the ball then wtf is it? it's raising and quickening the tempo of the play, you can't just say it's a pass play since we also option to run during that same hurry up, you and other here are rediculous, of course those are schemed up plays

I dont give two &%$@ if you don't think adding motion changes tempo, as long as Rodgers said it,I'll take his word for it cause it makes sense that it would.
No gray area. You are wrong. Way wrong. Not one single person has come to your rescue and said, "Hey, Yoop is right, some people do call it this." You are confused, you are 100% wrong. It happens. It's not a big deal. No one is burning your house down... just pointing out a simple fact. Sometimes you get into warranted arguments, but this isn't one of them. Just take a defeat sometimes.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 19:56
go pak go wrote:

that doesn't make me a idiot, uptempo is a scheme, Hurry up is a situation, one is completely different then the other

which was my comment 4 pages back to APB. then the tongue twisting began as it always does, it's useless for me to try and converse with people who's only intent is to twist the point I try and make. so $%@# it.
I was just being funny while also taking up for you man. I love mixing it up with you. You are fun and cool.