Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

goggle
:messedup:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Trudge wrote:
18 Oct 2022 21:06
goggle
Legend
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 19:58
I suppose I should goggle everything I say, I described these two things as I've come to know them, I should have known that nerds like you and others here would nit pick it apart, because that has become the norm here, unless a comment doesn't agree with what some ink peddler says, people rip it apart
What’s interesting about this statement is this whole tangent began when you decided to (wrongly) “nit pick apart” a statement I had made referencing Rodgers and his lack of affinity for pre-snap motion in the offense. None of this ensuing conversation would have occurred had you not felt the need to come on here, yourself, and get your “nerd” on by (wrongly) correcting another poster.

And now you criticize those who do the very thing you did. :messedup:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2022 21:10
Trudge wrote:
goggle
Legend
Maybe that’s the issue, he’s been going to goggle, an off brand troll site that posts incorrect information and exclusively yahoo news articles.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I really wish the Packers would run a slow tempo offense, which means Rodgers taking 7 step drops and not getting rid of the ball for at least 5 seconds after snap.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 07:49
Drj820 wrote:
Trudge wrote:

Legend
Maybe that’s the issue, he’s been going to goggle, an off brand troll site that posts incorrect information and exclusively yahoo news articles.
This made me spit out my coffee a little bit. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
19 Oct 2022 08:08
I really wish the Packers would run a slow tempo offense, which means Rodgers taking 7 step drops and not getting rid of the ball for at least 5 seconds after snap.
It would be nice to see this more consistently beyond when it is only 3rd down at the opposing team's 30 to 35 yardline.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Oct 2022 07:25
Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 19:58
I suppose I should goggle everything I say, I described these two things as I've come to know them, I should have known that nerds like you and others here would nit pick it apart, because that has become the norm here, unless a comment doesn't agree with what some ink peddler says, people rip it apart
What’s interesting about this statement is this whole tangent began when you decided to (wrongly) “nit pick apart” a statement I had made referencing Rodgers and his lack of affinity for pre-snap motion in the offense. None of this ensuing conversation would have occurred had you not felt the need to come on here, yourself, and get your “nerd” on by (wrongly) correcting another poster.

And now you criticize those who do the very thing you did. :messedup:
original response to you.

there is nothing wrong about this

Uptempo ISN'T about leaving time on the clock, thats called hurry up, your getting your UP'S all confused, uptempo is about the QB releasing the ball fast.

I made that comment because Hurry up is a time management issue, and Uptempo is a scheme of plays designed to speed up the process of a play, sure uptempo is common when in hurry up, but is used at other times during the game.

those are simple truths that you and others here refuse to accept, your loss.

and if you and others here wont accept that tempo is affected by adding in all the behind the los activities Rodgers mentioned, of course it does.

I bitch and complain about coaches, and comments they and Rodgers make just like others here do, mostly though there simply trying to defend what they do, so obviously we have to take that stuff with a grain of salt, there fishing for whatever will solve issues.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 07:49
Drj820 wrote:
Trudge wrote:

Legend
NO one here is a fool 004, the term hurry up is most often used in a time restraint situation, the term uptempo refers to speeding up the offense any time during the game.

I may be 75 yrs old, uneducated as most of you are, but I'am not a idiot, I sure as &%$@ didn't need to goggle to know that these two terms have separate meanings :box:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
I can't even grasp a comment like this, is your goal to play Love the rest of the season, is your goal to continue watching Rodgers pummeled, he's getting killed now under a 2 count.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
19 Oct 2022 09:26
Acrobat wrote:
I can't even grasp a comment like this, is your goal to play Love the rest of the season, is your goal to continue watching Rodgers pummeled, he's getting killed now under a 2 count.
:rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

They don't have separate meanings... Hurry up is uptempo, but generally only referred to at the end of halves. Neither have anything to do with the play after the snap. Rodgers' own quote was referring to this as he was specifically talking about this pre-snap which affects tempo.

[mention]Yoop[/mention] You are confusing the quick passing game, quick passing schemes, quick passing concepts with tempo. The links were brought to help mitigate your ignorance and help convince you of something everyone else knows but you. You may want to read them.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Um, hello??

Up tempo is when you up the tempo. Hurry up is when you hurry up.

What's so hard for everyone to understand? :thwap:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

image.png
image.png (61.06 KiB) Viewed 309 times
https://www.nfl.com/news/up-tempo-offen ... 0000377868

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I said what I have to say on this subject, when we speed up the offense, we speed up the tempo, I said that LOTS.

when we go to hurry up it's typically right before the half or the end of the game.

what Rodgers referred to was all the stuff that slows down the tempo, motion, reverses and jet sweeps are slower evolving plays, which obviously slows the tempo.

NO one here should need to google anything to know this, you've been watching the game long enough that I shouldn't have to argue these points.

I made a simple clarification statement to APB, used a fore head slap imoticon which probably should have just been a smiley, and I get 3 pages of corrective comments from the peanut gallery, while these terms do amount to the same thing, they are not used the same during the game, uptempo is used often, the term hurry up is used at specific times.

this kind of thing is becoming to frustrating for me to deal with, maybe it's time to move on.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Are you finally backing away from the statement that up tempo refers to getting the ball out quicker and accepting that up tempo and hurry up are synonymous?

Also, we don't have to Google this, but what we do have to do is find evidence because you refuse to believe what half a dozen people are telling you.

Hopefully we can move on from this. It was a very ironic argument considering how vehemently others are accused of nit picking.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 10:20
Are you finally backing away from the statement that up tempo refers to getting the ball out quicker and accepting that up tempo and hurry up are synonymous?

Also, we don't have to Google this, but what we do have to do is find evidence because you refuse to believe what half a dozen people are telling you.

Hopefully we can move on from this. It was a very ironic argument considering how vehemently others are accused of nit picking.
NO, while they do mean the same thing, these terms are used for different specific reason, and you and the others know this, I will not chance my stance.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Oct 2022 10:37
Pckfn23 wrote:

NO, while they do mean the same thing, these terms are used for different specific reason, and you and the others know this, I will not chance my stance.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Sure hurry up is up tempo used at the end of halves. That was said and no one disagrees. However you were not arguing that. You were trying to claim tempo meant getting the ball out quicker.
Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:52
uptempo is about the QB releasing the ball fast, course we don't have to worry about that as long as this OL allows a pass rusher to hit Rodgers in a 2 count

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 10:52
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Sure hurry up is up tempo used at the end of halves. That was said and no one disagrees. However you were not arguing that. You were trying to claim tempo meant getting the ball out quicker.
Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:52
uptempo is about the QB releasing the ball fast, course we don't have to worry about that as long as this OL allows a pass rusher to hit Rodgers in a 2 count
quit dragging the goal post, I said UP tempo gets the ball out quicker, and I explained that well, this is you changing a word or two as you always do to drag out a conversation add nauseam, and turn a simple conversation into a back and forth argument.