Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:08
turn a simple conversation into a back and forth argument.
It sure should be simple.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 10:52
Yoop wrote:
19 Oct 2022 10:37

NO, while they do mean the same thing, these terms are used for different specific reason, and you and the others know this, I will not chance my stance.
Sure hurry up is up tempo used at the end of halves. That was said and no one disagrees. However you were not arguing that. You were trying to claim tempo meant getting the ball out quicker.
Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2022 10:52
uptempo is about the QB releasing the ball fast, course we don't have to worry about that as long as this OL allows a pass rusher to hit Rodgers in a 2 count
quit dragging the goal post, I said UP tempo gets the ball out quicker, and I explained that well, this is you changing a word or two as you always do to drag out a conversation add nauseam, and turn a simple conversation into a back and forth argument.
I literally quoted what you said. What you said is wrong. Uptempo is not getting the ball out quicker, no matter how well you explain it. That is quick passing concepts. No one is changing what you said in any fashion. What you said is just plain wrong.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Dragging a goal post would probably damage the field, thus creating a slower tempo of play.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:24
Dragging a goal post would probably damage the field, thus creating a slower tempo of play.
What about ripping it down like Texas just did against Alabama?! Do you think that would affect the QB's release time?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:37
Acrobat wrote:
What about ripping it down like Texas just did against Alabama?! Do you think that would affect the QB's release time?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Oh yes, Tennessee. Sorry Vols fans.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:11
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 10:52

Sure hurry up is up tempo used at the end of halves. That was said and no one disagrees. However you were not arguing that. You were trying to claim tempo meant getting the ball out quicker.

quit dragging the goal post, I said UP tempo gets the ball out quicker, and I explained that well, this is you changing a word or two as you always do to drag out a conversation add nauseam, and turn a simple conversation into a back and forth argument.
[/quote

I literally quoted what you said. What you said is wrong. Uptempo is not getting the ball out quicker, no matter how well you explain it. That is quick passing concepts. No one is changing what you said in any fashion. What you said is just plain wrong.
when was the last time your heard a sports announcer say "there going to quick passing concepts" quick hitters, speeding up the time of play is referred to as uptempo, upping the tempo, is what Rodgers prefers versus the slower tempo reverses.

your right NCF, this could have been a very simple conversation if you and others would compromise from your stance of always trying to prove me wrong,

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

when was the last time your heard a sports announcer say "there going to quick passing concepts" quick hitters, speeding up the time of play is referred to as uptempo, upping the tempo, is what Rodgers prefers versus the slower tempo reverses.

your right NCF, this could have been a very simple conversation if you and others would compromise from your stance of always trying to prove me wrong,
I have never heard an announcer combine quick passing and uptempo using those terms synonymously. Uptempo does not refer to anything post snap. How many more pieces of evidence do you need to show that this is the case?

There is no compromise yoop, you are just wrong.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 12:02
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I have never heard an announcer combine quick passing and uptempo using those terms synonymously. Uptempo does not refer to anything post snap. How many more pieces of evidence do you need to show that this is the case?

it's beyond foolish to not recognize when a offense changes to quick release plays as not upping the tempo of the offense, because that is exactly what the plays used are designed to achieve.

whats wrong is that you'll still refuse to acknowledge that.

it's laugh out loud funny how you and others here will NOT admit when we are behind on the 40 with with 30 sec. till the half , and with announcers saying there in a hurry up offense, that that is not a situational event, ande different from in game uptempo pass schemes.

my conclusion is that you and others here simply want to argue, your tit for tat BS right now is a classic example of it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Oct 2022 12:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 12:02
Yoop wrote:

it's beyond foolish to not recognize when a offense changes to quick release plays as not upping the tempo of the offense, because that is exactly what the plays used are designed to achieve.

whats wrong is that you'll still refuse to acknowledge that.

it's laugh out loud funny how you and others here will NOT admit when we are behind on the 40 with with 30 sec. till the half , and with announcers saying there in a hurry up offense, that that is not a situational event, ande different from in game uptempo pass schemes.

my conclusion is that you and others here simply want to argue, your tit for tat BS right now is a classic example of it.
You can call it whatever the heck you want to call it, but it was never what was being talked about in this discussion. Instead you didn't understand what uptempo meant and injected your own incorrect interpretation into it. You have been proven to be wrong multiple times over. Why would anyone else here acknowledge what you say as factual?

FFS dude, we have all acknowledged that Hurry Up is a situational part of Up Tempo. You however tried to assign a completely different meaning to Up Tempo and then continue to argue it over and over even when evidence has been given to you that you are WRONG. You $%@# started this all so don't try to play the whoa is me card.

https://www.nfl.com/news/up-tempo-offen ... 0000377868
So, what is "tempo"?
Simply put, it describes the pace of play. Practitioners of the no-huddle/hurry-up offense want to operate at a fast pace, leading to more plays, first downs and scoring opportunities while also wearing down opponents, limiting defensive substitutions and slowing the implementation of different defensive tactics throughout the game. When a no-huddle/hurry-up attack operates at optimal speed, the defense is at the offense's mercy, and defensive coordinators are rendered helpless on the sideline.
It's OK to admit you were wrong and move on. When half a dozen people here show you that you are wrong, maybe reevaluate instead of digging in your heals even farther.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:

my conclusion is that you and others here simply want to argue
Projection. Yoop. 15 yard Penalty. Repeat 3rd Down.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 12:39
So, what is "tempo"?
Simply put, it describes the pace of play. Practitioners of the no-huddle/hurry-up offense want to operate at a fast pace, leading to more plays, first downs and scoring opportunities while also wearing down opponents, limiting defensive substitutions and slowing the implementation of different defensive tactics throughout the game. When a no-huddle/hurry-up attack operates at optimal speed, the defense is at the offense's mercy, and defensive coordinators are rendered helpless on the sideline.
all through this discussion I've said basically the same thing, I simply added UP to Tempo to describe speeding up the pace of play, the term hurry up is most often used to describe situations where we are running out of clock prior to half time or the end of the game.

and Tempo is the heart of this conversation, you and others turned this into correcting me which imho you failed at over discussing Rodgers remarks, nice job DUDE.

back to Rodgers remarks, of course jet sweeps, reverses slow the development of a play, so of course they change the tempo, Rodgers concern I'd think is that to much of it for young players affects them when they go back to uptempo schemes, I'am not sure thats true, but at this stage of the conversation who really gives two &%$@ any more

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:51
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... e-a-fiddle

RPO has become predictable.
This is actually a rather disturbing issue. Does this team not doing any self-examination of play tendencies? It also kind of intimates that Rodgers isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

This is where you ramble for 4 pages to explain why it's Texas and you aren't wrong.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2022 15:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

This is where you ramble for 4 pages to explain why it's Texas and you aren't wrong.
Oh sorry!

That was Tesas! You see the T?! You see the colors?! That's Tesas!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2022 15:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Stop nitpicking! You know I meant a southern state! You're just twisting my words.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
19 Oct 2022 12:41
Yoop wrote:

my conclusion is that you and others here simply want to argue
Projection. Yoop. 15 yard Penalty. Repeat 3rd Down.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

williewasgreat wrote:
19 Oct 2022 14:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... e-a-fiddle

RPO has become predictable.
This is actually a rather disturbing issue. Does this team not doing any self-examination of play tendencies? It also kind of intimates that Rodgers isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
Bingo. :aok: