Packers @ Commanders GDT: Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Watkins will be active.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

The last 6 quarters we played :idn:, I hope this time we come out :box: for 4 quarters.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Has anybody gone back and looked at Christian Watson’s injury history from college? Was he a soft tissue injury kind of guy then, too? Gotta say, these constant limited/no participation practice designations are getting a little old.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
22 Oct 2022 22:37
Has anybody gone back and looked at Christian Watson’s injury history from college? Was he a soft tissue injury kind of guy then, too? Gotta say, these constant limited/no participation practice designations are getting a little old.
Almost assuredly a product of the knee injury. Very little college injury history.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Oct 2022 22:47
APB wrote:
Almost assuredly a product of the knee injury. Very little college injury history.
Gute said in July it was a "cleanup" and not "long term." Not only did he miss on the pick when better options were there, but he can't even predict within a two months window when the guy will actually be able to fully play.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Oct 2022 23:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:
Gute said in July it was a "cleanup" and not "long term." Not only did he miss on the pick when better options were there, but he can't even predict within a two months window when the guy will actually be able to fully play.
right I don't see a scoping leading to stretched hamstrings, I've had 3 knee cleanups over the years and was back to work 3 weeks after each one, I admit working construction isn't quite the same as playing nfl football, but Watson seems fragile

Drafting very raw players with great measurables is what Guty does, 3 years from now Watson will be a great WR, be patient :thwap:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bakhtiari is questionable to play. I'm guessing this isn't the week we see Nijman at RT, unless they are gonna play Jenkins at LT.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Which knee is it with Bakhtiari, the surgically repaired/not repaired knee or the other one?

I'll have to admit I think we are going to have to eat that contract.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

All the coaches were saying how Bak was looking dominant again and all of a sudden on Saturday he's questionable? Something must have happened to Friday to cause this. Hope it's the doctors overreacting.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:

Watson is 100% a product of drafting someone based on measurables. And he does appear athletic to the eye, no doubt.

But look at these stats…these stats wouldn’t impress much even for guys who actually played in full stadiums against top college teams. This draft pick is starting to look like some of the defenders we’ve drafted over the years who can’t tackle, but they are athletic freaks.
Attachments
B5EE7256-DD9E-420A-9606-F6DADD3A6FD7.jpeg
B5EE7256-DD9E-420A-9606-F6DADD3A6FD7.jpeg (426.96 KiB) Viewed 206 times
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think it’s early to set Watson doesn’t have it. I think his body just isnt ready for the NFL which is the risk you run taking a FCS player. It’s like jumping from top tier High School to the NFL.

That said there’s not a doubt in my mind he was the best receiver and that we reached.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Rapaport was saying Elgton was practicing at LG all week. But will play RT if Bakhtiari doesn’t go.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 08:37
wallyuwl wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Watson is 100% a product of drafting someone based on measurables. And he does appear athletic to the eye, no doubt.

But look at these stats…these stats wouldn’t impress much even for guys who actually played in full stadiums against top college teams. This draft pick is starting to look like some of the defenders we’ve drafted over the years who can’t tackle, but they are athletic freaks.
This isn't the thread to dive into this. But look at those teams, what their offense was built around, and who his QB's were. Those stats aren't his fault.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 09:16
Rapaport was saying Elgton was practicing at LG all week. But will play RT if Bakhtiari doesn’t go.
Better mean Runyan was at RG.
RIP JustJeff

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

paco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 09:22
Drj820 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

This isn't the thread to dive into this. But look at those teams, what their offense was built around, and who his QB's were. Those stats aren't his fault.
He played on a team that liked to run the football, so his numbers are not indicative of his potential. Also, look at those yards per catch.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

williewasgreat wrote:
23 Oct 2022 10:23
paco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 09:22
Drj820 wrote:

He played on a team that liked to run the football, so his numbers are not indicative of his potential. Also, look at those yards per catch.
Which is why I say he was drafted on measurables and being an athletic specimen. His on field resume is not that impressive.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bakh out, not a good sign for him but il wait till we get more info

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 10:35
His on field resume is not that impressive.
His volume output may not have been that impressive, but his highlight reel showed he could be an elite playmaker. He isn't just measurables, he produced big plays in a variety of different ways. What he isn't, yet, is a WR.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 10:37
Bakh out, not a good sign for him but il wait till we get more info
The reports aren't good. Didn't tweak it or have a set back. "Just didn't feel right." That is the almost the worst possible thing to have happen at this point.

Read More. Post Less.