Packers @ Commanders GDT: Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The league has changed to a mobile QB league. Brady, Rodgers and Ryan are all struggling.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Heinicke sucks, and he got away with soooo much suckage this game because our D couldn't finish big plays and they converted a crapton of low likelyhood plays. Kind of a Cinderella game for him. I felt our D kept winning snaps but not the results.

Our O, tho... It sucked on it's own accord. Sooo many dropped or off-target passes. This one's on BOTH AR and the WRs. Running game forgotten about again.

If Gutey doesn't trade for an upgrade at WR or two, I'll be in the "fire him" camp soon. We have a bunch of WR3s at the moment.

Kudos to LaFleur for having an OL -friendly gameplan to start with, and to try a bold new redesign of it, but all his plans were made moot by simple mistakes.

It's gonna be fun to see all the forum vultures posting this week, flying back from where ever they roost during winning (Chicago? :idn: ). Hope y'all are doing great, and yes, you told us so, like you always do!

As for Packers fans: Been a while since real adversity during regular season. Fair weather is over, winter is coming. Time to support the team twice as hard as before!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:38
Heinicke sucks, and he got away with soooo much suckage this game because our D couldn't finish big plays and they converted a crapton of low likelyhood plays. Kind of a Cinderella game for him. I felt our D kept winning snaps but not the results.

Our O, tho... It sucked on it's own accord. Sooo many dropped or off-target passes. This one's on BOTH AR and the WRs. Running game forgotten about again.

If Gutey doesn't trade for an upgrade at WR or two, I'll be in the "fire him" camp soon. We have a bunch of WR3s at the moment.

Kudos to LaFleur for having an OL -friendly gameplan to start with, and to try a bold new redesign of it, but all his plans were made moot by simple mistakes.

It's gonna be fun to see all the forum vultures posting this week, flying back from where ever they roost during winning. Hope y'all are doing great, and yes, you told us so, like you always do!
We got pressure than just left the underneath and flat open. It was mind boggling. Just needed to stick to receivers for 5 yards with the pressure ... nope let them run.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:30
Packers have been our coached, out prepared, and our schemed by every team on their schedule this year outside of against the bears
But never a roster issue. Baffling.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:42
Drj820 wrote:
Packers have been our coached, out prepared, and our schemed by every team on their schedule this year outside of against the bears
Draw it up? Where are these glaring weaknesses that have caused us to lose 3 straight?

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
You must not check the board much if you haven’t seen me mock the GM for thinking Lazard was a WR1 and two often injured guys and a project rookie was an adequate replacement for Adams
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We thought the adams rodgers connection was holding the offense back, turns out it was bailing the O out. Over and over. Lafleur can’t coach beyond the initial game script.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:47
We thought the adams rodgers connection was holding the offense back, turns out it was bailing the O out. Over and over. Lafleur can’t coach beyond the initial game script.
No amount of coaching is going to help the !@#$ poor execution at this point.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:50
Drj820 wrote:
I think coaching affects execution

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
I don't think we got out-coached this week. In fact, I think LaFleur had a good plan, at least early, and Barry seemed on top of things.

On O, we got into good 3rd down situations, but 3rd down drops and mistakes were killers. We simply need better WRs, since now our good running backs' ability is hampered by us not having any passing threat. Play action doesn't work if your top WR can't win a favorable 1-1. Run-option doesn't work if they stack the box, making the run a bad option.

On D, we had the opportunity to 5-6 turnovers before Heinicke ever got into a groove. We stopped them for no gain a lot. Even after Heinicke started playing well, we hit him A LOT and pretty hard. He just completed some clutch miracle throws. The last one with Clark barreling down on him, hero play.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Would love to get a look inside look when they review film.

Can only imagine how much assignment and route correction is happening.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
That theory was &%$@ from the beginning.

It's on Gutey to fail at acquiring better WRs. I love the potential of Doubs, and Watson feels like he can be developed into a monster, but for AR's likely last year, Fatkins just wasn't enough.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I do love a good ole self-troll...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was hoping so much we would get a ring last year and trade Rodgers to Denver in the off-season.

What is happening right now is worst case scenario. Waste of a 2022 season.

Oh well. I'm ready for the next era. Building new teams are fun. Wish we had more capital to do it. We are behind the chains in terms of money, etc.

Will be interesting if we actually turn into sellers this trade deadline.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:52
paco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:50
Drj820 wrote:
I think coaching affects execution
Sure, some. But if you don't know what to run or how to run it in week 7, I put it more on the player. If coaching was so awful, we'd be hearing about it from disgruntled players.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We started a thing. Not a good thing.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That tweet by Jace is actually embarrassing for him, as if to say, "haha yeah man, can't believe they bet on my loser ass, shoulda went with the other guy!"

Now we see why a TE prospect with nice size and athletic traits currently in his physical prime is out of the league.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man.

We'd have like two rings though if we did draft McLauren.

FML
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Like I don't mind being bad. I don't mind an end of an era.

But to be so good for 12 years and have no rings to show for all those amazing teams. What a bummer way to end this.
Yoop wrote:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

packman114 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:38
The league has changed to a mobile QB league. Brady, Rodgers and Ryan are all struggling.
Stafford won it all last year. A quick change.