Packers @ Commanders GDT: Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers should be sellers, not buyers at the trade deadline.

4 of the next 5 games are all against teams much better than the commanders

They have too much pride to see reality tho.

If they saw reality they would have traded 12 when he held the organization hostage.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:09

If they saw reality they would have traded 12 when he held the organization hostage.
I don’t disagree about Rodgers but what are our big assets to sell right now? I think it’s Gary and Jenkins and I can’t see them moving either of them.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 16:51
Like I don't mind being bad. I don't mind an end of an era.

But to be so good for 12 years and have no rings to show for all those amazing teams. What a bummer way to end this.
well who was the major difference maker for those 12 years, obviously if not for number 12 some of those so called amazing teams, wouldn't have even made the PO's, since 2016 Rodgers Had Adams and not much after, for most of the seasons Rodgers had a bottom 3rd defense, and Special teams was a disaster years after year

we've blamed the coaching, replaced the HC, and fired two DC's, changed GM's and the lack of talent on offense haunts, and we blame the one player who has always gave us the best chance to win, 7 freaking drops again this week, I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

tough year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:25
go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 16:51
Like I don't mind being bad. I don't mind an end of an era.

But to be so good for 12 years and have no rings to show for all those amazing teams. What a bummer way to end this.
well who was the major difference maker for those 12 years, obviously if not for number 12 some of those so called amazing teams, wouldn't have even made the PO's, since 2016 Rodgers Had Adams and not much after, for most of the seasons Rodgers had a bottom 3rd defense, and Special teams was a disaster years after year

we've blamed the coaching, replaced the HC, and fired two DC's, changed GM's and the lack of talent on offense haunts, and we blame the one player who has always gave us the best chance to win, 7 freaking drops again this week, I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

tough year.
My amazing teams are the teams that had good WRs and good defenses. STs has always been a constant issue.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:17
Drj820 wrote:

I don’t disagree about Rodgers but what are our big assets to sell right now? I think it’s Gary and Jenkins and I can’t see them moving either of them.
Players who could be traded:

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

Probably the only guys who make sense to trade away. Wouldn't get much for them, but you usually don't anyways in these situations.

Rodgers could be on that list too
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm very much looking forward to the Dallas and Rams games. I sold my New Years Day Vikings game tickets. Hanging on to the Lions tickets in case its Aaron's last game at Lambeau. Still believe we can make a turnaround and make the playoffs. Never quit on the Packers.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:43
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

Probably the only guys who make sense to trade away. Wouldn't get much for them, but you usually don't anyways in these situations.

Weird when a Homer jumps ship. 10 games to go in a wide open NFC. If we sell at the deadline the front office should be fired. Unfortunately no owner which hurts us. Pretty much the same team as last year minus Adam's. When the realists tried to expose this team we were called haters. It's OK to criticize now?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Players we could theoretically trade away for good to decent compensation while staying under cap:

- Elgton Jenkins: If a team believes he's their LT of the future, we could get a 1st rounder. Even if he struggled at RT. We've sorta asked unreasonable things from him. We will likely pay big money to keep him, since guys who can play 4 positions on OL, and be an all-pro at one are super rare.
- Yosh Nijman: Will leave for starting opportunity next off-season. We'll only try to keep him and Elg if Bak is done. The likeliest trade bait.
- Rashan Gary: You don't trade your edge rusher just when he blossoms. You'd have to spend whatever pick you'd get to try to replace him, and likely won't.

I personally think we are more likely to be buyers than sellers. There's NO WAY Gutey tanks this season. Nijman and picks for a WR could make sense.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Never thought it would come this far. :cry: I have tickets for the Dallas game, so I hope we are still in the hunt at that point. 3-4 is not season over, as 3-5 would not, but man does it look like an uphill battle right now.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 15:38
Heinicke sucks, and he got away with soooo much suckage this game because our D couldn't finish big plays and they converted a crapton of low likelyhood plays. Kind of a Cinderella game for him. I felt our D kept winning snaps but not the results.

Our O, tho... It sucked on it's own accord. Sooo many dropped or off-target passes. This one's on BOTH AR and the WRs. Running game forgotten about again.

If Gutey doesn't trade for an upgrade at WR or two, I'll be in the "fire him" camp soon. We have a bunch of WR3s at the moment.

Kudos to LaFleur for having an OL -friendly gameplan to start with, and to try a bold new redesign of it, but all his plans were made moot by simple mistakes.

It's gonna be fun to see all the forum vultures posting this week, flying back from where ever they roost during winning (Chicago? :idn: ). Hope y'all are doing great, and yes, you told us so, like you always do!

As for Packers fans: Been a while since real adversity during regular season. Fair weather is over, winter is coming. Time to support the team twice as hard as before!
We all knew deep down for a few years now the good times weren't gonna last forever. A lot of times when a team that has been successful for a while they can fall pretty hard. It will be interesting to see what happens to this team in the coming weeks.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:46
I'm very much looking forward to the Dallas and Rams games. I sold my New Years Day Vikings game tickets. Hanging on to the Lions tickets in case its Aaron's last game at Lambeau. Still believe we can make a turnaround and make the playoffs. Never quit on the Packers.
I appreciate your passion for the Pack but Stevie Wonder can see we are a poor offensive team. With a below average WR corps and a HC who won't utilize his best O player this side of #12 enough we are not a playoff caliber team. Next week in upstate NY is gonna be ugly.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 16:50
Man.

We'd have like two rings though if we did draft McLauren.

FML
nah Rodgers would have choked it away like always.

He was about to choke away both the NFCCG and SB in 2010 but was lucky enough to have an incredible D, forcing turnovers like the Matthews fumble and even scoring *for* the offense when they couldn't, namely the Raji and Collins pick-6's.

The difference between Rodgers's championship year and all his others was that defense, not his weapons.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Realist wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:55
Weird when a Homer jumps ship. 10 games to go in a wide open NFC. If we sell at the deadline the front office should be fired. Unfortunately no owner which hurts us. Pretty much the same team as last year minus Adam's. When the realists tried to expose this team we were called haters. It's OK to criticize now?
Your hating is finally paying off... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations! The Packers are losing games! Enjoy!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:

Did 12 really hold the team hostage? We gave him time to decide if he wanted to keep playing but if management felt Love was ready they would have traded him. IMO the reason why we are in this situation should be laid at the feet of Gute for overdrafting Love and not replacing Adams with better options than he did. If we had a functioning offense we wouldn't be sinking in the NFCN.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Imagine how different the posts would be if there were no drops today. I believe that is something that can be fixed. WTH these are pro athletes and it is about time they start showing what they can do individually (for example, no drops) and as a team!!! Time for the leadership on the team to inspire some changes.
GO PACK GO!!!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

Even tho Jaire had a lousy day today he should be on this list too along with Preston Smith.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:26
Realist wrote:

Really? You're better then that Sal.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

Wide open NFC? The Eagles and the Gmen are running away with it amd the Vikes aren't far behind. These teams would have to fall apart and I don't see it happening. It isn't fun but we are not very good this year. :(

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:30
Imagine how different the posts would be if there were no drops today. I believe that is something that can be fixed. WTH these are pro athletes and it is about time they start showing what they can do individually (for example, no drops) and as a team!!! Time for the leadership on the team to inspire some changes.
Yeah, this week we lost due to a HEAP of individual mistakes. So many missed throws and drops especially on 3rd down. And the D had the opportunity to make this game over in 1st half, but didn't finish.

The grades are gonna be brutal, and rightly so.

As for leadership, it's about the first time LaFleur has had to face real adversity. I'm very interested at seeing whether he manages to rally the team or not. They did come outta the gate inspired today, some cool play calls, too, but mistakes and terrible ref work ultimately erased that.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Realist wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:36
salmar80 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:26
Realist wrote:

Really? You're better then that Sal.
I am: :beer2: