Packers @ Commanders GDT: Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:55
go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:43
NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:17

I don’t disagree about Rodgers but what are our big assets to sell right now? I think it’s Gary and Jenkins and I can’t see them moving either of them.
Players who could be traded:

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

Probably the only guys who make sense to trade away. Wouldn't get much for them, but you usually don't anyways in these situations.

Rodgers could be on that list too
Weird when a Homer jumps ship. 10 games to go in a wide open NFC. If we sell at the deadline the front office should be fired. Unfortunately no owner which hurts us. Pretty much the same team as last year minus Adam's. When the realists tried to expose this team we were called haters. It's OK to criticize now?
Just three weeks ago someone “called me out” for being “pessimistic” about the offense while predicting a win against the patriots. It’s tough on the realists out here.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I never had high expectations of the offensive talent, but the way they have executed has been incredibly disappointing. I think the player on offense I am most disappointed in, besides Rodgers, is AJ Dillon. He is just a shell of himself last year who I think was our most important player when Adams was shut down or not playing.

But even today again they go away from the run too quickly. They are just terrible situationally. They get behind the sticks exactly when they can't get behind the sticks. The defense was on the field a ton because our offense just can't move the ball.

This team reminds of me 2015 a lot.

Meanwhile, Seattle has a lot of drat picks and is also leading the NFC West.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Oct 2022 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:52
Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

Probably the only guys who make sense to trade away. Wouldn't get much for them, but you usually don't anyways in these situations.

Weird when a Homer jumps ship. 10 games to go in a wide open NFC. If we sell at the deadline the front office should be fired. Unfortunately no owner which hurts us. Pretty much the same team as last year minus Adam's. When the realists tried to expose this team we were called haters. It's OK to criticize now?
Just three weeks ago someone “called me out” for being “pessimistic” about the offense while predicting a win against the patriots. It’s tough on the realists out here.
Ugh. You and the “realists” are disgusting benders of reality to fit your own narratives. Things suck right now but congratulations for predicting and rooting for the ship to sink.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:57
Yeah I never had high expectations of the offensive talent, but the way they have executed has been incredibly disappointing. I think the player on offense I am most disappointed in, besides Rodgers, is AJ Dillon. He is just a shell of himself last year who I think was our most important player when Adams was shut down or not playing.

But even today again they go away from the run too quickly. They are just terrible situationally. They get behind the sticks exactly when they can't get behind the sticks. The defense was on the field a ton because our offense just can't move the ball.

Dillon has been disappointing. How often did 12 target Jones today ( I couldn't see the game - which looks like a blessing now)?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

That last first down by the Commanders, where the WR beat Jaire, is what typifies this season for me. One of our best players was beat and outhustled to the ball. The other team wanted to win more than the Packers.

Something internal is not right with this ship. We won’t win 8 games this year if it isn’t fixed quickly.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:17
Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 17:09
Packers should be sellers, not buyers at the trade deadline.

4 of the next 5 games are all against teams much better than the commanders

They have too much pride to see reality tho.

If they saw reality they would have traded 12 when he held the organization hostage.
I don’t disagree about Rodgers but what are our big assets to sell right now? I think it’s Gary and Jenkins and I can’t see them moving either of them.

Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Robert Tonyan
Elgton Jenkins
Darnell Savage

We'd have to pay someone to take Savage.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:41
GJPackerBacker wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:30
Imagine how different the posts would be if there were no drops today. I believe that is something that can be fixed. WTH these are pro athletes and it is about time they start showing what they can do individually (for example, no drops) and as a team!!! Time for the leadership on the team to inspire some changes.
Yeah, this week we lost due to a HEAP of individual mistakes. So many missed throws and drops especially on 3rd down. And the D had the opportunity to make this game over in 1st half, but didn't finish.

The grades are gonna be brutal, and rightly so.

As for leadership, it's about the first time LaFleur has had to face real adversity. I'm very interested at seeing whether he manages to rally the team or not. They did come outta the gate inspired today, some cool play calls, too, but mistakes and terrible ref work ultimately erased that.
Well, so much for MLF and his "let's have fun" mantra. Maybe they should get serious and focus on winning for a change.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

williewasgreat wrote:
23 Oct 2022 19:34

Serious question: is Rudy Ford better than Savage right now? It seems shockingly close.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:57

Yes!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Oct 2022 19:43
williewasgreat wrote:
23 Oct 2022 19:34

Serious question: is Rudy Ford better than Savage right now? It seems shockingly close.
I think he might be.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Was winterizing the boat and getting the snowmobiles ready today. Glad I only wasted about 10 minutes watching this disaster of a "team".

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 18:58
Drj820 wrote:
Realist wrote:

Ugh. You and the “realists” are disgusting benders of reality to fit your own narratives. Things suck right now but congratulations for predicting and rooting for the ship to sink.
DrJ has some sensible takes though and caught flak for them kinda unfairly. Realist OTOH is just always negative, easy to be correct when you call Tails all the time (something will go your way). And the other half of his very brave "realist" takes are made possible with the benefit of hindsight.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Realist wrote:

Here is what you don’t understand. I can declare what I see without hoping for what I see to be true. But I still must say what I see. When I said before the year, this WR unit was a bottom 5 unit in the league, it didn’t bring me any pleasure to declare that opinion….that I formed after being realistic about a project Rookie and Cobb and Watkins injury histories.

So that’s the difference…some feel they are being a bad fan if they call a spade a spade about the packers. I do not feel that way. I’m sure we both wish the best for the packers. For you to imply we don’t, is…something. But anyways, you know it’s human nature…if you say the O will struggle, get called out, and they do struggle…anyone of would us say “told ya so”. Doesn’t mean it makes me happy.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Realist wrote:

No one is rooting for the team to lose. Not a single Packers fan doesnt want to win a Super Bowl. I dont think anyone ever prefers losing to winning.

The problem is this was obvious from a mile away but the real fans (which are ironically the most fake fake Ive ever seen) lie to themselves and call this a talented team. Its not. What is cohesive about this team? Youve got a &%$@ passing game because your line is garbage and the receivers are even worse. Weve got some good RBs but the box is stacked to &%$@ because the passing game is bad without weapons. Then you have the defense which has a good secondary but a &%$@ run defense so youre constantly in 3rd and short. This roster has been constructed like garbage.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:07
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

DrJ has some sensible takes though and caught flak for them kinda unfairly. Realist OTOH is just always negative, easy to be correct when you call Tails all the time (something will go your way). And the other half of his very brave "realist" takes are made possible with the benefit of hindsight.
I appreciate this post.

To date I have been negative about Bakhs return, the WR unit, and even Tonyan as a whole.

I’ve wanted to run the ball more and I love Jones and Dillon.

I was also super high on the ST coach hire and had high hopes for the defense.

To gang tackle me for predicting a win against the patriots (while the offense struggled against a bill b d) was out of bounds.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:20
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

No one is rooting for the team to lose. Not a single Packers fan doesnt want to win a Super Bowl. I dont think anyone ever prefers losing to winning.

The problem is this was obvious from a mile away but the real fans (which are ironically the most fake fake Ive ever seen) lie to themselves and call this a talented team. Its not. What is cohesive about this team? Youve got a &%$@ passing game because your line is garbage and the receivers are even worse. Weve got some good RBs but the box is stacked to &%$@ because the passing game is bad without weapons. Then you have the defense which has a good secondary but a &%$@ run defense so youre constantly in 3rd and short. This roster has been constructed like garbage.
I think I found the issue. NCF and others legit think it makes you a bad fan to not take the optimistic route about the team in every scenario. I disagree with this position.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:22
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:

I think I found the issue. NCF and others legit think it makes you a bad fan to not take the optimistic route about the team in every scenario. I disagree with this position.
Blind fandom at its finest.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:

Nah, that isn’t true for me. I just take issue with those that legit revel in this. I didn’t mean to dump on you. You are definitely fair most of the time.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:52
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Nah, that isn’t true for me. I just take issue with those that legit revel in this. I didn’t mean to dump on you. You are definitely fair most of the time.
I appreciate that. Il put down my sword now. 😃

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

What’s crazy is how the final play almost worked. Super well designed. Only problem is that it was rodgers that threw the pass forward for a penalty and the guy on the sideline was a linemen. Sneak an athlete out there and that play really had a chance