Packers @ Commanders GDT: Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 21:14
What’s crazy is how the final play almost worked. Super well designed. Only problem is that it was rodgers that threw the pass forward for a penalty and the guy on the sideline was a linemen. Sneak an athlete out there and that play really had a chance
Honestly I am glad it didn't. Winning ugly isn't going to help this team. It was like the 2015 Lions play. It's cool on a highlight, but that team was absolute garbage and continuing to win ugly just enough I think made our franchise worse in the long run.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
What’s crazy is how the final play almost worked. Super well designed. Only problem is that it was rodgers that threw the pass forward for a penalty and the guy on the sideline was a linemen. Sneak an athlete out there and that play really had a chance
Had it worked it would have been like those Hail Marys Rodgers kept hitting on a few years back, only serving to mask reality and delay the inevitable. Reality is this team just isn’t very good and will inevitably be also-rans come January whether they somehow sneak in to the playoffs or not.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:27
Drj820 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:22
lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:20

No one is rooting for the team to lose. Not a single Packers fan doesnt want to win a Super Bowl. I dont think anyone ever prefers losing to winning.

The problem is this was obvious from a mile away but the real fans (which are ironically the most fake fake Ive ever seen) lie to themselves and call this a talented team. Its not. What is cohesive about this team? Youve got a &%$@ passing game because your line is garbage and the receivers are even worse. Weve got some good RBs but the box is stacked to &%$@ because the passing game is bad without weapons. Then you have the defense which has a good secondary but a &%$@ run defense so youre constantly in 3rd and short. This roster has been constructed like garbage.
I think I found the issue. NCF and others legit think it makes you a bad fan to not take the optimistic route about the team in every scenario. I disagree with this position.
Blind fandom at its finest.
No. It's not that.

The only thing I can't stand is when a "fan" is in it to enjoy the Packers' or a Packer's failure because they were oh-so-smart and predicted that failure. Which doesn't get better with plea for validation from me or the forum.

I do not mind criticism of the Packers, it's players and staff, if it's done without that narcissistic motive. In fact, I love unselfish criticism of the team.

But it really makes me sick when someone actually enjoys the failure of a Packer, coach or GM more than they'd enjoy the Packers winning, or those Packers succeeding. Where the goal is to max "I told ya so"s, and to put struggling Packers down. Not to lift the team or it's players up.

Also, predicting bad things is SO easy. If I wanted easy as pie -validation, I'd predict EVERY draft pick, coach hire and player move would suck, because so few turn out to be great. I'd be correct an awful lot. "No SB win this year" sure is great wisdom in a league with 32 teams and injuries being a factor... The coaching hire you didn't like won't reach the heights of Lombardi? No &%$@, Nostraanus.

The great thing about being a self-proclaimed "realist" is that you only have to admit being wrong if the team wins a SB. All other years your criticism will be proven right. And if the Packers do win, you can use the "glad I was wrong, ha ha" -escape.

I will never ever apologize for supporting this team, nor for being supportive of the people who form the Packers. I will not call any fan of the Packers a bad fan, and I'd love to go to a game with absolutely everyone on this forum. But if you seek validation for your negative take, you will not get it from me.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:52
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:20

No one is rooting for the team to lose. Not a single Packers fan doesnt want to win a Super Bowl. I dont think anyone ever prefers losing to winning.

The problem is this was obvious from a mile away but the real fans (which are ironically the most fake fake Ive ever seen) lie to themselves and call this a talented team. Its not. What is cohesive about this team? Youve got a &%$@ passing game because your line is garbage and the receivers are even worse. Weve got some good RBs but the box is stacked to &%$@ because the passing game is bad without weapons. Then you have the defense which has a good secondary but a &%$@ run defense so youre constantly in 3rd and short. This roster has been constructed like garbage.
I think I found the issue. NCF and others legit think it makes you a bad fan to not take the optimistic route about the team in every scenario. I disagree with this position.
Nah, that isn’t true for me. I just take issue with those that legit revel in this. I didn’t mean to dump on you. You are definitely fair most of the time.
Yeah, just the guys who post like 20 times after a loss or random bad plays and the never after wins or good plays. Just like what a miserable person and absolute drain on everyone around them. I’ll at least give credit to the negative nancies who are here day in and day out and say the occasional positive thing. :P

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
23 Oct 2022 22:17
NCF wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:52
Drj820 wrote:

Nah, that isn’t true for me. I just take issue with those that legit revel in this. I didn’t mean to dump on you. You are definitely fair most of the time.
Yeah, just the guys who post like 20 times after a loss or random bad plays and the never after wins or good plays. Just like what a miserable person and absolute drain on everyone around them. I’ll at least give credit to the negative nancies who are here day in and day out and say the occasional positive thing. :P
“Negative nancies who say occasional positive things” vs “packers cheerleaders with green tint glasses who say the occasional negative thing”

Who would be most accurately describing this season in your opinion?

Just to set the table for the question…the packers currently sit at 3-4 with losses to Dan Jones, Zach (can’t even remember his last name) and Taylor Heineke.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

If this forum is going to devolve into a circular “discussion” centering around how fans slam each other and the team, I’ll step out and find something that’s more football related. I know it’s tough to have a team that is in the hardest spot it’s had for years. But that does not mean that fans need to beat up each other.

I lived through the BAD football years prior to Ron Wolf and that era. And being a Packer fan was still fun. We had low expectations and mostly were not disappointed. The expectations are higher now and I’m grateful for that. But if that means that fans are going to devour each other during the rough spots, I’d rather step aside.

Let’s get back to being football fans instead of murderous villains. Please.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
23 Oct 2022 21:21
Drj820 wrote:
Had it worked it would have been like those Hail Marys Rodgers kept hitting on a few years back, only serving to mask reality and delay the inevitable. Reality is this team just isn’t very good and will inevitably be also-rans come January whether they somehow sneak in to the playoffs or not.
so what, should we give up if we can't dominate or win pretty? a win is a win, is a win, any win was welcome during the 70's and 80's

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Oct 2022 08:22
If this forum is going to devolve into a circular “discussion” centering around how fans slam each other and the team, I’ll step out and find something that’s more football related. I know it’s tough to have a team that is in the hardest spot it’s had for years. But that does not mean that fans need to beat up each other.

I lived through the BAD football years prior to Ron Wolf and that era. And being a Packer fan was still fun. We had low expectations and mostly were not disappointed. The expectations are higher now and I’m grateful for that. But if that means that fans are going to devour each other during the rough spots, I’d rather step aside.

what causes the bickering ( and I'am guilty as well) i8s when ya describe a obvious issue like the state of the WR position, and instead of acknowledging that, people resort to blaming Rodgers for not being as perfect as he had been when he had very good receivers, that becomes a frustrating back and forth, because Rodgers has been as good if not so much better then the crap load of receivers he's had to deal with, and Rodgers salary continually brought up has nothing to do with this, other teams pay out large contracts to QB's and still manage to provide that QB with quality receiver talent.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There is not a person on this board that does not acknowledge that the receiver position is a big issue. However, there are people on this board that will not acknowledge that Rodgers himself is also a part of the overall issues this team is facing. If we all can acknowledge both points, then we can move on to productive football conversations. If not, it will continue to be circular &%$@.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Couldn't find this in the thread but on the Rasul fumble recovery, was the illegal contact penalty a reasonable call? Or did we get screwed? McCarren said it was ticky-tack on the radio.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:02
There is not a person on this board that does not acknowledge that the receiver position is a big issue. However, there are people on this board that will not acknowledge that Rodgers himself is also a part of the overall issues this team is facing. If we all can acknowledge both points, then we can move on to productive football conversations. If not, it will continue to be circular &%$@.
you mean unless I complain as much about Rodgers as I do the crap feast at WR we'll have a productive football conversation, you and others here have said for about 6 years there isn't anything wrong with our WR's, the problem is the 1st ballot hof QB, how do you not understand why I'd reject those responses?

you people demand perfection from Rodgers, yet wont budge a inch when I bring up passes dropped and lousy play from the receivers.

you demand I acknowlede all22 from O Sullivan, hell he even says he has the advantage of sight no quarterback has, you critique Rodgers expecting him to read all route progressions and never miss a open receiver, it's never been a level playing field having a discussion with you and some others concerning this topic, seriously are you a guty fan or a Packers fan because you, and others defend almost everything he's done, it was the same with Ted his last 5 or so years.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

packman114 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:04
Couldn't find this in the thread but on the Rasul fumble recovery, was the illegal contact penalty a reasonable call? Or did we get screwed? McCarren said it was ticky-tack on the radio.
By the letter of the law, I suppose it was a penalty, but still seemed like a BS call.

Read More. Post Less.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Scott4Pack wrote:

:clap:

We haven't been in this position much over the past 3 decades, so it's tough going today for all of us.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
if your talking about the PI against Stokes it was a ticky tacky call, it is almost impossible for the DB to avoid getting run into on a double move by the receiver, how is the DB to know which way the receiver will cut, the ref should have allowed that to play out.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
you mean unless I complain as much about Rodgers as I do the crap feast at WR we'll have a productive football conversation, you and others here have said for about 6 years there isn't anything wrong with our WR's, the problem is the 1st ballot hof QB, how do you not understand why I'd reject those responses?

you people demand perfection from Rodgers, yet wont budge a inch when I bring up passes dropped and lousy play from the receivers.

you demand I acknowlede all22 from O Sullivan, hell he even says he has the advantage of sight no quarterback has, you critique Rodgers expecting him to read all route progressions and never miss a open receiver, it's never been a level playing field having a discussion with you and some others concerning this topic, seriously are you a guty fan or a Packers fan because you, and others defend almost everything he's done, it was the same with Ted his last 5 or so years.
Thank you for exemplifying my point. I mean what I say. There is no hidden meaning. Until everyone can acknowledge that there are many issues with this team, Rodgers and receivers among them, the conversation will never move forward.

Everyone here realizes the WR position is in shambles. They are not good enough.
No one here expects Rodgers to be perfect, but many expect top 10 level QB play. We are not getting that right now.
No one on here defends almost everything the front office has done.
There are people on here that will say our QB is not part of the problem.

Those statements are all factual.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:22
packman114 wrote:
By the letter of the law, I suppose it was a penalty, but still seemed like a BS call.
I havn't had time to rewatch, but if memory serves me the receiver cut right into Stokes, so that is offensive PI, it's not up to the DB to get out of the way of the receiver after he double cuts, how is the DB to know thats coming, that was terrible officiating.

back to the in game discussion, Capers and McCarthy decided to switch to off coverage and zone because of the PI's, officials where calling any touches after 5 yrds, just as some are doing again, a DB can't watch the QB and also know where the receiver is without a hand on the jersey or hip, it's hardly PI if all your doing is touching the receiver, to make it simpler for officials the league gave a huge advantage to offenses and receivers imho.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:

I lived through the BAD football years prior to Ron Wolf and that era. And being a Packer fan was still fun. We had low expectations and mostly were not disappointed. The expectations are higher now and I’m grateful for that.
But if that means that fans are going to devour each other during the rough spots, I’d rather step aside.

This might be the cause for all of this unhappiness. We have been really spoiled as fans since 1992. I too lived thru the lean years of the 70s and 80s. I sure hope this dip in success is short lived...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:36
Yoop wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:21
Pckfn23 wrote:

Thank you for exemplifying my point. I mean what I say. There is no hidden meaning. Until everyone can acknowledge that there are many issues with this team, Rodgers and receivers among them, the conversation will never move forward.

Everyone here realizes the WR position is in shambles. They are not good enough.
No one here expects Rodgers to be perfect, but many expect top 10 level QB play. We are not getting that right now.
No one on here defends almost everything the front office has done.
There are people on here that will say our QB is not part of the problem.

Those statements are all factual.
Rodgers hasn't been perfect by any means. Some of his throws have not been on the mark. But there have been more drops of catchable balls than I care to recall. This WR issue is serious and lord knows if it can be fixed in the coming weeks.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Even with the struggles on offense had A. Rodgers not muffed that punt and gave Washington 3 points we win that one. Why we put him back there is a puzzlement. I don't have any faith in that guy at all. I'm surprised he doesn't fumble/muff more than he already has. :?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:49
Rodgers hasn't been perfect by any means. Some of his throws have not been on the mark. But there have been more drops of catchable balls than I care to recall. This WR issue is serious and lord knows if it can be fixed in the coming weeks.
Rodgers hasn't been adaquate either, just as many parts of the offense have not been adaquate. No one denies that the dropped passes were an issue yesterday, just as the inaccurate passes were. There are many issues across the board, but let's call a spade a spade, Rodgers has has been part of those issues along with coaching, oline, Dillon, receivers, etc...