Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

williewasgreat wrote:
19 Oct 2022 14:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:51
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... e-a-fiddle

RPO has become predictable.
This is actually a rather disturbing issue. Does this team not doing any self-examination of play tendencies? It also kind of intimates that Rodgers isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.
Agree on the predictability point.

As far as Rodgers, I think he’s plenty smart and you can bet he does too. Where I think he fails is assuming everybody else is not as smart as he is…or even smarter. When a guy continually thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room - as Rodgers did under the MM regime - it tends to tie one to their own preferences and behaviors. Smart opponents then use that against you. I think we saw evidence of that under MM and we may may be seeing it again under ML.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
20 Oct 2022 08:11
williewasgreat wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2022 11:51
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... e-a-fiddle

RPO has become predictable.
This is actually a rather disturbing issue. Does this team not doing any self-examination of play tendencies? It also kind of intimates that Rodgers isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

As far as Rodgers, I think he’s plenty smart and you can bet he does too. Where I think he fails is assuming everybody else is not as smart as he is…or even smarter. When I guy continually thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room - as Rodgers did under the MM regime - it tends to tie one to their own preferences and behaviors. Smart opponents then use that against you. I think we saw evidence of that under MM and we may may be seeing it again under ML.
What you are hitting on I believe is what I was saying a couple weeks ago. It’s like if a defense knows what we run based on what they line up to stop, we will do the opposite of how they are aligned. So they basically know whether we will run or pass, and can even completely dictate what we do, based on how they line up. This is why it’s critical to impose our own will from time to time. We have to say, we want two yards on the ground and you can’t stop us! Currently the d lines up to stop run, while knowing that will make us pass, and then they are prepared to defend that mentally from the snap.

We need to be tougher and to do what we want to do
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Oct 2022 11:20
APB wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

As far as Rodgers, I think he’s plenty smart and you can bet he does too. Where I think he fails is assuming everybody else is not as smart as he is…or even smarter. When I guy continually thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room - as Rodgers did under the MM regime - it tends to tie one to their own preferences and behaviors. Smart opponents then use that against you. I think we saw evidence of that under MM and we may may be seeing it again under ML.
What you are hitting on I believe is what I was saying a couple weeks ago. It’s like if a defense knows what we run based on what they line up to stop, we will do the opposite of how they are aligned. So they basically know whether we will run or pass, and can even completely dictate what we do, based on how they line up. This is why it’s critical to impose our own will from time to time. We have to say, we want two yards on the ground and you can’t stop us! Currently the d lines up to stop run, while knowing that will make us pass, and then they are prepared to defend that mentally from the snap.

the 20,000,000 dollar question is, what exactly is it that we want to do? first we did stacks with LOS passes to the boundary till defenses lined right up with those receivers 3 DB's deep with lber support, and those pass schemes had failure written all over them.

we seem hell bent on saving our RB's till the PO's, 20 total touches between them is RB abuse :thwap: these dogs need to be unleashed.

Rodgers is doing what Rodgers does, when in doubt, throw deep.

so we seem to lack a offensive identity

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

yuck

I would honestly be more intrigued by DJ Moore, give like a 2 and a 5 or whatever to get him, then trade him again in the offseason. Get in, get out, pay little money, ideally get most draft compensation back, get to use his services.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
20 Oct 2022 13:52
Drj820 wrote:
20 Oct 2022 11:20
APB wrote:

the 20,000,000 dollar question is, what exactly is it that we want to do? first we did stacks with LOS passes to the boundary till defenses lined right up with those receivers 3 DB's deep with lber support, and those pass schemes had failure written all over them.

we seem hell bent on saving our RB's till the PO's, 20 total touches between them is RB abuse :thwap: these dogs need to be unleashed.

Rodgers is doing what Rodgers does, when in doubt, throw deep.

so we seem to lack a offensive identity
We also seem to lack offensive creativity. Depending on what happens the next 3 consecutive road games .......... some may have to go Plan B pre-game vs. Dallas at Lambeau Field. Just sayin"

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Dudes wonder why the offense stinks but wont acknowledge the lack of resources invested in that side of the ball. Hell in the past 5 drafts in the top 3 rounds we have drafted 9 offensive players drafted and 7 of those are either backups or not on the team.

Look at the real problem people.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2022 20:35
Dudes wonder why the offense stinks but wont acknowledge the lack of resources invested in that side of the ball. Hell in the past 5 drafts in the top 3 rounds we have drafted 9 offensive players drafted and 7 of those are either backups or not on the team.

I don't quite get what you're arguing.

At first it reads like we haven't tried to invest in the offense, but you then state in the top 3 rounds for the last 5 years (assuming 15 draft picks)...that we have selected 9 players. Which is slightly above the middle of 7.5.

Based on what you are saying, it isn't a lack of investment thing. It's a poor investment decision thing.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Oct 2022 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:

Who here wonders why this offense stinks? If anything, it seems pretty much everyone here has a pretty strong opinion on the matter.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I do have to say however I am suprised the offense has fallen off as much as it has.

On paper our Oline is better.
On paper Aaron Jones is healthier.
MVS was out most of the season last year anyways.

I definitely expected a step back. But I am shocked to see our team go from MVP to this when the only real material change on the unit is Adams being gone and Jenkins and Tonyan being back.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 21:36
I do have to say however I am suprised the offense has fallen off as much as it has.

I definitely expected a step back. But I am shocked to see our team go from MVP to this when the only real material change on the unit is Adams being gone and Jenkins and Tonyan being back.
Losing adams was huge tho. Anytime he was single covered he was getting the ball, so defenses always had to commit two bodies to him. Now defenses fear literally no one on the outside. There is absolutely no punishment for a d to put 8 in the box. That’s a huge problem. That wasn’t possible with adams on the field

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 21:15
lupedafiasco wrote:

At first it reads like we haven't tried to invest in the offense, but you then state in the top 3 rounds for the last 5 years (assuming 15 draft picks)...that we have selected 9 players. Which is slightly above the middle of 7.5.

Based on what you are saying, it isn't a lack of investment thing. It's a poor investment decision thing.
Correct. Terrible drafting.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 03:06
go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 21:15
lupedafiasco wrote:

Correct. Terrible drafting.
In the last 10 years we have 1 first round pick on offense - a backup possible never to start QB.

I can't imagine another team comes close to that ineptitude at roster building.

Also Wyatt currently has 4 tackles on the year nothing else.
Quay Walker 52 tackles and 2 PD
Watson is a patient and when available Jeff Janis
Doubs is early MVS
Others don't matter.

Not looking good.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I'm not convinced it's a talent issue. Seven games in and we're still hearing about mental mistakes. That's on coaching. Every team we at is doing some creative play calls but we just keep doing the same things.

The number one problem is not running the ball. MLF has no problem throwing 3 downs in a row but never do we run 3 times in a row.

If you want to change how defenses play you, you have to do something different.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

packman114 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 06:05
I'm not convinced it's a talent issue. Seven games in and we're still hearing about mental mistakes. That's on coaching. Every team we at is doing some creative play calls but we just keep doing the same things.

The number one problem is not running the ball. MLF has no problem throwing 3 downs in a row but never do we run 3 times in a row.

If you want to change how defenses play you, you have to do something different.
I just dont understand how you people dont see the talent gap at receiver. We cant run into these boxes. Thats inefficient offense.

Nothing about this team compliments itself. The pass defense is pretty good but the run defense is on pace to be the 2nd worst all time in Packers history. We are constantly playing against poor down and distance on defense. The offense can actually run the ball but defenses have nothing to worry about over the top and if they can get even a false start they know or drive is done, let alone a holding penalty.

This is one of the most poorly constructed rosters in the league and we mortgaged the future for it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2022 21:36

as I said, the problem started years ago, just think about this as if it where any job, try and keep it as simple as I do instead of complicating it as you often do.

people/players react to losing key people/players by becoming closer to the ones left behind, and naturally depending on them more then those who replaced the departed familiar ones, thats just how this stuff works.

Adams had become that guy with Rodgers when Nelson, Cobb declined, and the players guty tried to replace them with where raw, very raw, the 3 stooges are all gone, sure blame Rodgers, but what he did is human nature, it's why I've said Rodgers requires better talent to spread the ball around, not a bunch of raw recruits to train to be NFL caliber receivers, one or two mixed in with Adams and a younger Nelson or healthy Cobb would be OK, but not 3 or 4 mixed in with Adams, thats a over load of trainee's, who would you be throwing the ball to? thats a valid question, of course you'd favor Adams, specially so since the rest of the bunch tend to screw up the catch, the route or something else.

whats on paper often does not transpire to the actual event.

It's been beyond obvious to me that we needed to start rebuilding the WR group 5 or 6 years ago, the way Ted built it years ago with the 2nd round picks, guys talented enough that it doesn't take years for them to be ready, we've asked Rodgers to make do with to many jag receivers, and wonder why he has declined.

In life you become who you associate with, why do people think it's different in team sports, eventually you become tired of lifting up your co workers, covering for there mistakes, same thing I'am sure has passed through Rodgers mind.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 06:05

our RB's are tops or near it for yrds after first contact, we see Dillon with 2 sometimes 3 defenders on him before he crosses the los, Jones is more agile and quicker to shimmy through very small creases, but he also has to shed some tacklers to gain any yards, the 5 yrd average our RB's started the earlier is now diminishing, with out a passing game to spare there abuse they wont last out the season, we need to have more success passing the ball for the run to sustain success.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gutey should be charged with criminal negligence for replacing adams with a project Rookie and oft injured hammy Watkins and calling it a day.

Charged, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 07:16
Gutey should be charged with criminal negligence for replacing adams with a project Rookie and oft injured hammy Watkins and calling it a day.

Rodgers should have kid napped his animals, held them hostage and demanded Guty get him better WR's :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:

I guess I look at it differently.

I think MLF and Rodgers should be charged for not designing and playing the offense to our strength and playing to who we are.

Run. The damn ball.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2022 08:07
Drj820 wrote:

I guess I look at it differently.

I think MLF and Rodgers should be charged for not designing and playing the offense to our strength and playing to who we are.

Run. The damn ball.
come on, why is it you and every other swinging nut sack here ( laughing) want to keep harping to run the ball when our earlier run success has petered out? and it's not just the OL issues either, teams do more then just stack the box, there spread wide to contain the edge, and they fill every run gap, Dillon doesn't even get to the los before he's mugged, and we will burn Jones out if we keep using him, he's not as big and has been taking plenty of hits, so we have to pass successfully to help the run do what it was able to do earlier.

Rodgers did his part yesterday, and according to what I saw, I counted 7 dropped passes, whatever game plan was drawn up was not the issue, dropped passes where, along with some lousy officiating