Packers @ Commanders GDT: Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:51
Even with the struggles on offense had A. Rodgers not muffed that punt and gave Washington 3 points we win that one. Why we put him back there is a puzzlement. I don't have any faith in that guy at all. I'm surprised he doesn't fumble/muff more than he already has. :?
I thought they yanked him after the fumble, he did have a nice catch and run later in the game, but that was the only positive thing I saw from Amari Rodgers yesterday, I think it was Nixon #25 who took over return duties.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
24 Oct 2022 10:21
Pugger wrote:
Even with the struggles on offense had A. Rodgers not muffed that punt and gave Washington 3 points we win that one. Why we put him back there is a puzzlement. I don't have any faith in that guy at all. I'm surprised he doesn't fumble/muff more than he already has. :?
I thought they yanked him after the fumble, he did have a nice catch and run later in the game, but that was the only positive thing I saw from Amari Rodgers yesterday, I think it was Nixon #25 who took over return duties.
Nope, Amari was still in there on punt return. Nixon has been on kick returns.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Interesting. I would like to see some more metrics on Jenkins at LG.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 10:30

Interesting. I would like to see some more metrics on Jenkins at LG.
It seems almost impossible for a LG to be bad with everyone around him at high quality. How does that even happen?
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This is like when RBs run towards contact rather than the hole. Why did Doubs turn inside toward the safety?
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

They said it in broadcast. Run it until they can stop it. They never stopped it. We stopped running it.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 10:36
This is like when RBs run towards contact rather than the hole. Why did Doubs turn inside toward the safety?
That hurts. Wonder if that was supposed to the old Jordy backside post. But total blown coverage by the D there and we can't take advantage, whether play call or wrong route run issue.

Amari could have had a walk in touchdown as well with a better throw.

Things are there for us, we just keep kicking ourselves. Fumbles, missed blocks, not lining up correctly, running the wrong routes, drops, bad passes. Just play a cleaner game and we should be functioning at a pretty competent level.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

packman114 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 09:04
Couldn't find this in the thread but on the Rasul fumble recovery, was the illegal contact penalty a reasonable call? Or did we get screwed? McCarren said it was ticky-tack on the radio.
To me, it was utter BS. There was a little contact, but the WR essentially ran straight into Stokes. CBs aren't required to allow WRs run through them.

If I were a WAS fan, I'd call it a vet move by WR to fish a penalty

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 11:21
packman114 wrote:
Couldn't find this in the thread but on the Rasul fumble recovery, was the illegal contact penalty a reasonable call? Or did we get screwed? McCarren said it was ticky-tack on the radio.
To me, it was utter BS. There was a little contact, but the WR essentially ran straight into Stokes. CBs aren't required to allow WRs run through them.

I hate that call so much. Stokes said the ref told him he basically isn't allowed to touch the guy. Right call based on the rules. Horrible rule.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 10:23
Yoop wrote:
24 Oct 2022 10:21
Pugger wrote:
Nope, Amari was still in there on punt return. Nixon has been on kick returns.
OK, thanks, in truth I saw Nixon on the field and didn't even realize he was just the kick returner, ya know the situation is bad when we keep trotting Amari back out there after the way he drops a punt like that, geesh

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 11:42
salmar80 wrote:
packman114 wrote:

I hate that call so much. Stokes said the ref told him he basically isn't allowed to touch the guy. Right call based on the rules. Horrible rule.
ehhhhh, I may be wrong.

it is a horrible interpretation of the rule, I havn't rewatched, but my memory says Stokes was planted, both feet on the ground, and the receiver cut right into him, that should have been offensive pass interference, the receiver is not allowed to hit the DB either, imo that is a deliberate attempt to knock the DB down or off the coverage :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yesterday was a big day for Amari Rodgers.

He had two catches which put his career receptions higher than his career fumbles. :)

7 Catches
5 Fumbles

Keep up the great work dude!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
24 Oct 2022 12:08
paco wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

ehhhhh, I may be wrong.

it is a horrible interpretation of the rule, I havn't rewatched, but my memory says Stokes was planted, both feet on the ground, and the receiver cut right into him, that should have been offensive pass interference, the receiver is not allowed to hit the DB either, imo that is a deliberate attempt to knock the DB down or off the coverage :idn:
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Click to read the entire thread.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2022 12:09
Yesterday was a big day for Amari Rodgers.

He had two catches which put his career receptions higher than his career fumbles. :)

7 Catches
5 Fumbles

Keep up the great work dude!
You do realize that Amari just plays where he is told. You want to make him the whipping boy but u may want to whip who is actually responsible for why he is on the team. I do the same with Savage.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 12:11
Yoop wrote:
24 Oct 2022 12:08
paco wrote:

ehhhhh, I may be wrong.

thanks, I stand corrected, this angle shows Stokes making contact, I still think it's a horrible rule as you said, to much advantage to the receiver.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2022 12:19
holly molly, my eyes and memory are not what they use to be, I forgot one, this shows 8 drops.

we should bench AR and put Love in :rotf:

and we wonder why where always going 3 and out