Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 14:38
Remember when we used to complain about this receiving corps?
image.png
No. We had the best passing game of all time and nearly went undefeated.

Are you comparing these guys to our current group?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bud fox wrote:
24 Oct 2022 14:43
paco wrote:
image.png

Slow down. Relax. Dislodge the stick up your butt.

I was pointing out that yes, we used to have it damn good. I was also pointing out that this forum and every Packer fan used to complain about that same group at the time. Finley could do almost nothing right in most peoples' eyes when we had him. Jones dropped it way too often and people wanted him cut. Nelson was a slow white guy nobody had ever hear of. Cobb was just a gadget guy. Not to mention Rodgers still wasn't Favre.

Time and age gives one perspective. Even if it is just to look inward and laugh at ourselves. I don't know how old you are. If you are young, I repeat, relax. If you are old, still relax, you don't want to have a coronary.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
24 Oct 2022 14:34
paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 14:13
I would rather those players.
Yeah to me even that group is significantly better. Bill Michaels said it best. This team has a bunch of #3 WRs at best.

On top of that they have a much better, hard nosed coach that has his players taking in his persona and want to fight for. I’m confident LaFleur is a cuckhold from the way he talks. Soft as baby &%$@.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 14:54
bud fox wrote:
paco wrote:
image.png

I was pointing out that yes, we used to have it damn good. I was also pointing out that this forum and every Packer fan used to complain about that same group at the time. Finley could do almost nothing right in most peoples' eyes when we had him. Jones dropped it way too often and people wanted him cut. Nelson was a slow white guy nobody had ever hear of. Cobb was just a gadget guy. Not to mention Rodgers still wasn't Favre.

Time and age gives one perspective. Even if it is just to look inward and laugh at ourselves. I don't know how old you are. If you are young, I repeat, relax. If you are old, still relax, you don't want to have a coronary.
Yeah but you're wrong.

That group won a superbowl and then had one of the best years ever and then next went to divisional round and allowed 45 points by a running qb.

After that we lost Jennings and Finley injured. That was two primary receivers gone which put pressure on guys like Jones and Cobb who previously had much more space.

Jordy carried the group through that next period until Adams.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bud fox wrote:
24 Oct 2022 15:55
paco wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Yeah but you're wrong.

That group won a superbowl and then had one of the best years ever and then next went to divisional round and allowed 45 points by a running qb.

After that we lost Jennings and Finley injured. That was two primary receivers gone which put pressure on guys like Jones and Cobb who previously had much more space.

Are you that dumb? Yes, they were awesome and the team was awesome with them. What I said is that people still complained about them at the time. Maybe you weren't on the internet then but it sure as hell happened.

My whole point is fans complain no matter what. So everyone needs to just chill a bit. Does mean we win anything now and we don't have the right to complain. Just trying to be a little humorous. But again, I'm getting old. I forgot you can't do that on the internet anymore.
RIP JustJeff

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 16:11
bud fox wrote:
24 Oct 2022 15:55
paco wrote:

Yeah but you're wrong.

Are you that dumb? Yes, they were awesome and the team was awesome with them. What I said is that people still complained about them at the time. Maybe you weren't on the internet then but it sure as hell happened.

My whole point is fans complain no matter what. So everyone needs to just chill a bit. Does mean we win anything now and we don't have the right to complain. Just trying to be a little humorous. But again, I'm getting old. I forgot you can't do that on the internet anymore.
I agree completely! I am distinguished too (I don't like the term "old") and cannot remember a time since the internet became an entity when most Packer fans were happy with the team's receivers. I think we could have lined up Lofton, Sharpe and Davante at wideouts and we'd still have some people complaining.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like Lazard might be pretty injured.

That would put our WRs injuries at Lazard, Cobb, and Watson all being out this Sunday.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Can I just say...keep Rodgers⁸ and give him a go as the slot guy. He may sucks at punts but his hands were like butter.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Trudge wrote:
24 Oct 2022 17:32
Can I just say...keep Rodgers⁸ and give him a go as the slot guy. He may sucks at punts but his hands were like butter.

Read More. Post Less.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Trudge wrote:
24 Oct 2022 17:32
Unfortunately not much of a choice. Amari will get his chance now. I’m not sure why LaFleur had him lining up on the outside near the end of the game. Except I’m not understanding what LaFleur is thinking most of the time.

When the announcers are scratching their heads and saying the same things on air that I’m thinking regarding LaFleurs decisions. Like the challenges for one thing. Not running Jones more on the pitch out until they can prove they can stop it.
Love is the answer…

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

At the position where we think Amari might be the difference.

God help us.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean our top 3 of 4 WRs are out with injury folks.

You are gonna have your bottom of the barrel players have to play when the top 3 of 4 WRs are out.

Doubs
Watkins
Rodgers
Toure

That is our group. Like literally our group.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2022 21:19

You are gonna have your bottom of the barrel players have to play when the top 3 of 4 WRs are out.

Doubs
Watkins
Rodgers
Toure

Jones, Tonyan, Dillon, DeGuara, Winfree, Davis, Lewis, Fulgham as well. Not quite as dire, but, to your point, not great.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Oct 2022 21:30
go pak go wrote:

Doubs
Watkins
Rodgers
Toure

Jones, Tonyan, Dillon, DeGuara, Winfree, Davis, Lewis, Fulgham as well. Not quite as dire, but, to your point, not great.
The bizarre thing is we won with this group last year. Like this was the group that beat the undefeated Cardinals on Thursday night on the road.

The difference is that offense was patient, efficient and opportunistic. They ran the ball. They took what was given and did just enough.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2022 21:47
APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Doubs
Watkins
Rodgers
Toure

The bizarre thing is we won with this group last year. Like this was the group that beat the undefeated Cardinals on Thursday night on the road.

The difference is that offense was patient, efficient and opportunistic. They ran the ball. They took what was given and did just enough.
We also won 3 of the first 4 games with a group like that. Problem is defenses adjusted to the limited things a group like that can do, and a group like that lacks a plan b or second gear
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

For those who want to solve our problems with trades for WRs. I offer a change in our strategy. Everyone says you need to pass against an 8-man front. Well the Giants ran eight straight plays against a 9-man front in a 2-point game Sunday. You CAN'T run it if you DON'T try it. Wish one of our stout team reporters would ask MLF about this. Everyone says it was penalties and negative first-down plays that stopped our run game. I say it's the coaches mentality for not coming up with a run-first philosophy.

I hope we come out and run every play in our first two possessions Sunday night. Use 3 TEs and both RBs for the scripted plays. Anything is better than just trying the same thing every week and blaming it on execution or mental errors.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

paco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 14:13
I agree that a greater commitment to the run, like Tennessee's commitment to Henry, would benefit the Packers.

But the tweet above is must more Buckowski hogwash.

Tannehill threw for 132 yards and the Titans offense scored 12 points on Sunday, but they won.

Rodgers threw for 194 yards and the Packers offense scored 14 points on Sunday, but they lost.

The Titans are going nowhere other than possibly winning the awful AFC South this season with that group of receivers, just like GB is going nowhere with its pass catchers.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Doubs
Watkins
Rodgers
Toure

I suspect our OL was better back then too. If your line is getting beat so you can't run the ball and your QB is under pressure it is damn difficult to run an offense. Of course MLF gives up on the run too soon and doesn't utilize his best O weapon enough. If Jones isn't getting yards on the ground throw him the ball. And if Dillon isn't cutting it it is perfectly okay to take him out.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:42
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

I suspect our OL was better back then too. If your line is getting beat so you can't run the ball and your QB is under pressure it is damn difficult to run an offense. Of course MLF gives up on the run too soon and doesn't utilize his best O weapon enough. If Jones isn't getting yards on the ground throw him the ball. And if Dillon isn't cutting it it is perfectly okay to take him out.
I thought our Oline passed the test vs Washington.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:46
Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:42
go pak go wrote:

I thought our Oline passed the test vs Washington.
1 Pressure I believe.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."