Packers Next Quarterback

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
24 Oct 2022 22:45
As for his recent back-to-back MVPs, it's now time to face the reality: 17 was the real MVP all along.

Adams was producing with Hundo, he was producing in 2018 when Rodgers was mid and McCarthy was failing, he was producing in 2019 when Rodgers was still mid and MLF was new on the scene, and ofc he produced his best couple years when Rodgers got out of his slump (note that Rodgers' WR situation did not change between the year before when he was not playing great and the following MVP season, at least there were no significant additions to the mix). He is even producing now with Oakland, McDaniels, and Carr, not as highly but still getting it done.

Some have said LaFleur is just a product of Rodgers, but that can't be true because Rodgers wasn't good in the first year MLF was here. But you know who was always good, before and after MLF? Davante Adams.

It was Adams. It was always Adams.

I underestimated how big of a loss Adams was, not mind you because Rodgers not having him is a valid excuse for the poor play on O, but because Adams was hungry and had a real champion mindset, neither of which is true of our diva QB. Our mistake was not that we failed to adequately replace him, it's that we let him get away and made our bed with Erin.
Let him get away? We offered him MORE than the Raiders did and he turned it down. Adams wanted to be closer to home and play for his favorite team growing up and collegiate QB. I don't know what more Packers' management could have done to resign him.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2022 23:36
Labrev wrote:
As for his recent back-to-back MVPs, it's now time to face the reality: 17 was the real MVP all along.

Adams was producing with Hundo, he was producing in 2018 when Rodgers was mid and McCarthy was failing, he was producing in 2019 when Rodgers was still mid and MLF was new on the scene, and ofc he produced his best couple years when Rodgers got out of his slump (note that Rodgers' WR situation did not change between the year before when he was not playing great and the following MVP season, at least there were no significant additions to the mix). He is even producing now with Oakland, McDaniels, and Carr, not as highly but still getting it done.

Some have said LaFleur is just a product of Rodgers, but that can't be true because Rodgers wasn't good in the first year MLF was here. But you know who was always good, before and after MLF? Davante Adams.

I underestimated how big of a loss Adams was, not mind you because Rodgers not having him is a valid excuse for the poor play on O, but because Adams was hungry and had a real champion mindset, neither of which is true of our diva QB. Our mistake was not that we failed to adequately replace him, it's that we let him get away and made our bed with Erin.
Let him get away? We offered him MORE than the Raiders did and he turned it down. Adams wanted to be closer to home and play for his favorite team growing up and collegiate QB. I don't know what more Packers' management could have done to resign him.
Adams wanted an extension sooner according to some beat writers. When he didnt get it, on top of the drama from the Jordumb Love pick he bounced.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 23:38
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Adams wanted an extension sooner according to some beat writers. When he didnt get it, on top of the drama from the Jordumb Love pick he bounced.
Correct, Adams wanted the respect that Bakh got. That was more important to him than the pocket change difference between what the Raiders gave and the Packers offered.

Also if it is true that Adams was the real MVP, it must have irritated him that Rodgers took the credit. I suspect that he really did not like Rodgers

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 22:22
Labrev wrote:
24 Oct 2022 22:08
Yeah Rodgers's game is aging like milk. So much of it was dependent on escaping the pocket and rolling out, plus the ability to disregard mechanics by virtue of sheer arm strength/talent.

Now his legs and arm are starting to go and he's totally ill-prepared for it. Coach is, too, because he gave Rodgers way too much leeway to run the offense as he likes it.

To say nothing about how stupid it is to try to build a high-flying pass offense for a team whose road to a title will run through Green Bay in winter. That "awesome" 2011 team fell apart like a house of cards as soon as they had to play playoff football in sub-optimal conditions.
Dude... He won back to back MVPs in the last two years. The only difference between then and now is everything about the talent on offense is significantly worse. What do you think is more likely? The 2 time reigning MVP regressed in a matter of months or that when we dropped our 2 best WRs and replaced them with garbage our offense cant move the ball because its &%$@.
Actually, that's exactly how it happens. Most of the time QBs (and others) lose their abilities practically overnight. Rodgers has always depended on his arm strength and has poor throwing mechanics. Arms and legs age and it eventually happens to everyone.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Exactly what drama are you referring from the Jordumb Love pick?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
24 Oct 2022 13:49
AmishMafia wrote:
24 Oct 2022 13:15
Heinekie read the coverage and made some impressive passes.
That 's the difference between the Packers and other teams.

Other teams throw to where the receiver actually is/is going whereas Rodgers throws to where he thinks they should be and then glares at them when the pass falls incomplete.

Rookie Kenny Pickett, 2nd start of his career, had more success running the Steeler offense last night vs Miami than Rodgers has had this season. Dumb INTs doomed him, though. The 3rd string 5th rd rookie Zappe up in NE did, as well, over his 3 week starting span. Taylor Heinekie yesterday, too.

Oh, but that's right...meh, receivers.
Case in point, from Rob Demovsky:
One play demonstrated just how off the offense has been. Late in the first quarter on Sunday, Rodgers rolled to his right. Doubs, who was in the right slot, took his deep route to the left. That, according to LaFleur on Monday, was the right move on paper. But Rodgers saw there was a busted coverage and figured Doubs would see it, too, and adjust his route to the right. That’s where Rodgers threw it, and Doubs was nowhere in the vicinity.

While Rodgers did not mention any one play in particular, he could have been talking about that play when he said: “There has to be something inside that has the accountability for performance where we’re just having way too many detail mistakes.”

“It could be a total wrong route or it could be a wrong stem or it could be the release, we’re just not good enough to overcome some of those things right now,” Rodgers added.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly. Bravo to Doubs. I'd lean on the side of actually running the play rather than try to predict what 12 is thinking.

It's his 7th game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2022 06:15
Honestly. Bravo to Doubs. I'd lean on the side of actually running the play rather than try to predict what 12 is thinking.

It's his 7th game.
Bravo for not performing the role well.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
25 Oct 2022 04:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2022 22:22
Labrev wrote:
24 Oct 2022 22:08
Yeah Rodgers's game is aging like milk. So much of it was dependent on escaping the pocket and rolling out, plus the ability to disregard mechanics by virtue of sheer arm strength/talent.

Now his legs and arm are starting to go and he's totally ill-prepared for it. Coach is, too, because he gave Rodgers way too much leeway to run the offense as he likes it.

To say nothing about how stupid it is to try to build a high-flying pass offense for a team whose road to a title will run through Green Bay in winter. That "awesome" 2011 team fell apart like a house of cards as soon as they had to play playoff football in sub-optimal conditions.
Dude... He won back to back MVPs in the last two years. The only difference between then and now is everything about the talent on offense is significantly worse. What do you think is more likely? The 2 time reigning MVP regressed in a matter of months or that when we dropped our 2 best WRs and replaced them with garbage our offense cant move the ball because its &%$@.
Actually, that's exactly how it happens. Most of the time QBs (and others) lose their abilities practically overnight. Rodgers has always depended on his arm strength and has poor throwing mechanics. Arms and legs age and it eventually happens to everyone.
I think your wrong about this Willie, I think they gradually decline and we are not able to distinguish that, If Rodgers can still basket throws from 40 yrds he is still a accurate passers, and his clean pocket success spells that out (still one of the best i n the league according to stats brought by some posters , this years issues imho are, Rodgers gun shy because he never knows where the pressure will come from, breakdowns across the OL vary, and on longer passes he has to throw to a spot, the issue often is the receivers aren't there, he's been hooking up on shorter routes, to often though receivers even screw that up, or they drop the pass, 5 obvious drops and a few others that are debatable against the team Sunday, it's not so much a matter of Rodgers declining as it is others not arriving, WR's and the Bahk and Jenkins from injury's

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Oct 2022 06:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
Pugger wrote:

come on, you know what the drama was, using the pick on Love instead of a WR was a catalyst for Rodgers threatened hold out, just because it wasn't spelled out that way, doesn't mean it wasn't the cause.

ya don't have to react to everything Lupe says, he's ranting in his ol Familiar way :thwap:

but he's right about a lot of stuff, not bringing in a receiver to pair with Adams, assuring we'd have one or the other in case of, well anything, was dumb, not on Love, he is a innocent by stander to all of this, but on Guty, that was some real bone headed GM man ship.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

That’s all spin. Adams left because of the drama and uncertainty surrounding Rodgers. He didn’t want to be stuck in GB with Jordan Love.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:

It's his 7th game.
Ya, rodgers is a dork if he thinks a rookie should worry about all he has to worry about, play loose and free, PLUS read 12s mind and see things on the field that 12 sees.

Run the route, throw the ball.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:05
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

That’s all spin. Adams left because of the drama and uncertainty surrounding Rodgers. He didn’t want to be stuck in GB with Jordan Love.
I'm sure he did want to be closer to home, play for his favorite team, and his best friend QB, but he would not have seriously entertained those thoughts in the first place if we extended him when he wanted us to (but we didn't because we were trying to extend Rodgers).

Which is also why I don't buy the explanation that he didn't want to be stuck with Jordan Love at QB, that risk would have existed if we came to an agreement when he wanted it. I also think that a receiver of Adams's caliber likely believes he can make any QB look good. Like I said, he was even producing with Hundley.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:07
go pak go wrote:

It's his 7th game.
Ya, rodgers is a dork if he thinks a rookie should worry about all he has to worry about, play loose and free, PLUS read 12s mind and see things on the field that 12 sees.

Run the route, throw the ball.
run the route, he throws the ball, near perfectly, ball is laying on the tundra, replace the QB, just mind boggling :bkw: :bkw: :bkw:

seems some just want to blame anyone, and since they don't who exactly to blame, the QB is a easy scape goat.

Is he as good as he once was, of course not, but give him a seasoned quality receiver and he's still got what it takes to complete passes, give him consistency across the OL and he will deliver, some of the talk around here borders on insanity :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:11
Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I'm sure he did want to be closer to home, play for his favorite team, and his best friend QB, but he would not have seriously entertained those thoughts in the first place if we extended him when he wanted us to (but we didn't because we were trying to extend Rodgers).

Which is also why I don't buy the explanation that he didn't want to be stuck with Jordan Love at QB, that risk would have existed if we came to an agreement when he wanted it. I also think that a receiver of Adams's caliber likely believes he can make any QB look good. Like I said, he was even producing with Hundley.
This would all fall under the "rodgers drama" category then, if true.

Adams felt he was a big enough fish to be caught first. Team basically put him on back burner though until they figured out the situation with 12. He probably wasnt a fan of being put in the back seat.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:

17 17 17 17 17 .... 4! :bkw:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Labrev wrote:

If what you are saying is true about him not wanting to play with Love I think that tells me all I need to know about Love. :?

It is interesting that AR still stayed even after Adams left. At that time I was surprised he stayed tbh. Yes, we gave him a big payday but at this point in his career one would think he would be more interested in another ring somewhere else. Had he asked for a trade I think his request would have been granted.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

bud fox wrote:
24 Oct 2022 21:12
Cutting Rodgers is not an option from a salary perspective.

You all are unfortunately stuck with 4 time mvp, 1 time superbowl mvp and highest rated passer of all time.

Unlucky
Or, at least he WAS most of those things.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, Rodgers' deep ball accuracy is not what it once was. To say he throws it nearly perfectly or that he is one of the best in the league is simply not accurate.

From a year ago: https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/list ... deep-ball/ - He got it together after this.

5 days ago: https://dairylandexpress.com/2022/10/10 ... s-offense/
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:00
APB wrote:
25 Oct 2022 06:04
lupedafiasco wrote:

come on, you know what the drama was, using the pick on Love instead of a WR was a catalyst for Rodgers threatened hold out, just because it wasn't spelled out that way, doesn't mean it wasn't the cause.

ya don't have to react to everything Lupe says, he's ranting in his ol Familiar way :thwap:

but he's right about a lot of stuff, not bringing in a receiver to pair with Adams, assuring we'd have one or the other in case of, well anything, was dumb, not on Love, he is a innocent by stander to all of this, but on Guty, that was some real bone headed GM man ship.
Thanks for spelling it out.

The team dared to draft a player that would stabilize the most important position on the team for another decade. A player they clearly thought very highly of. Rodgers, instead of accepting the fact his long career was nearing it's end and acknowledging the organization had to protect it's own long term interests, threw a hissy fit, held the team hostage, and basically bullied the team into a contract they stupidly agreed to.

Drama indeed. Drama that is not near it's end, I fear.