Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:46
Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2022 09:42
go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2022 21:47

The bizarre thing is we won with this group last year. Like this was the group that beat the undefeated Cardinals on Thursday night on the road.

The difference is that offense was patient, efficient and opportunistic. They ran the ball. They took what was given and did just enough.
I suspect our OL was better back then too. If your line is getting beat so you can't run the ball and your QB is under pressure it is damn difficult to run an offense. Of course MLF gives up on the run too soon and doesn't utilize his best O weapon enough. If Jones isn't getting yards on the ground throw him the ball. And if Dillon isn't cutting it it is perfectly okay to take him out.
I thought our Oline passed the test vs Washington.
I don't think 38 yards rushing is passing any test. :(

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:thwap: :thwap: :thwap: :thwap: :thwap: :thwap: :thwap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Yes we run but I'm talking about being more creative with the run game and playing to our players strengths. If we have Rodgers under center with Dillion in the I-formation behind Deguara what do you think the defense will do? Now do that more than twice a game and force the defense to defend the run. If our WRs are still not open after to committing to the run then I will agree it's time to get new WRs. I don't think MLF has changed his offense without Davantae who used to help Rodgers dictate the coverage. Since we don't have Tae anymore, he needs to use the run game to setup the pass. Not pass everytime we see a safety cheat up.

I honestly don't think MLF is a good play-caller. The play of Rodgers the last two years hid that until the payoffs. When MLF was first hired all we heard about was using the run to setup the pass. If he allowed Rodgers to change that, then shame on him. Grow some balls and be the head coach.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:03
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I suspect our OL was better back then too. If your line is getting beat so you can't run the ball and your QB is under pressure it is damn difficult to run an offense. Of course MLF gives up on the run too soon and doesn't utilize his best O weapon enough. If Jones isn't getting yards on the ground throw him the ball. And if Dillon isn't cutting it it is perfectly okay to take him out.
Our run game was fine. We had one bad run and that was more on Aaron Jones trying to make something out of nothing and losing big on it (lost 6 yards)

So if you exclude that play, we were 11 rushes for 44 yards. The other bad run was near the EZ where we lost a yard on the play but then scored immediately the next play.

To be fair, our time of possession was horrible. We scored a TD, fumbled a punt, held them to a FG, punted, pick 6, forced a punt, halftime, Washington ball.

We had like 6 plays on offense after our first TD on our 2nd drive until the 3rd quarter.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Read through this. Crazy. 11 personnel on 70% of plays. Only 4 motion plays and 5 play actions. We simply refuse to play to our strengths.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2022 21:47

The bizarre thing is we won with this group last year. Like this was the group that beat the undefeated Cardinals on Thursday night on the road.

The difference is that offense was patient, efficient and opportunistic. They ran the ball. They took what was given and did just enough.
Yeah because as Ive been saying the best 5 is clearly Bak, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, and Tom. Tom was terrific Sunday. Njiman was actually the weak link IMO Sunday.

IT was so obvious to me during camp and preseason Tom needed to be on the field from the get go. I said it all the way up to the start of the season that Newman just wasnt a good player. One game Tom was in and he stonewalled Montez Sweat so hard they moved him to the other side to go against Njiman.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Jenkins was actually the weak link on Sunday. He's not having a great year. Hopefully he can settle in at LG.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 25 Oct 2022 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Such a true statement.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:36
Jenkins was actually the weak link on Sunday. He's not having a great year. Hopefully he can settle in at LG.
someone ( PFF)said Wash only got 1 pressure, I counted 2 going past Jenkins alone, PFF seems in serious decline as a game evaluation source.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:36
His contract value is going to be really interesting if he continues to struggle this year. Will someone throw a huge contract at him still or will Jenkins want a 1 year prove it deal?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Man I wish I was allowed to bet because that 10.5 pt spread Sunday is tempting! Call me crazy but I just can't see the Pack losing four straight.
This season reminds me of Brett's last season where I sat there like "man, 4 and 12? If we had to have a down year just throw Rodgers in"
But I'm hoping it's more like 2010 and it gets righted at some point.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Njiman was penalized twice and with this offense any type of penalty is a drive killer. Even a false start effectively kills us because we cant pass.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

jglovia wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:47
Man I wish I was allowed to bet because that 10.5 pt spread Sunday is tempting! Call me crazy but I just can't see the Pack losing four straight.
This season reminds me of Brett's last season where I sat there like "man, 4 and 12? If we had to have a down year just throw Rodgers in"
I dont know what is more likely. Us getting beat by 14 or us being unable to score 14.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:13
Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:03
go pak go wrote:

Our run game was fine. We had one bad run and that was more on Aaron Jones trying to make something out of nothing and losing big on it (lost 6 yards)

So if you exclude that play, we were 11 rushes for 44 yards. The other bad run was near the EZ where we lost a yard on the play but then scored immediately the next play.

To be fair, our time of possession was horrible. We scored a TD, fumbled a punt, held them to a FG, punted, pick 6, forced a punt, halftime, Washington ball.

We had like 6 plays on offense after our first TD on our 2nd drive until the 3rd quarter.
I'd like to see yards per run, per each down, if the run isn't getting good down and distance then why would we stick with it?

I agree we need some patience with it, but on most runs it seem our RB's where mauled.

we used Jones and Dillon receiving, each dropped a pass, but Jones caught about 10 of em, mostly no gain, and one nice one for 50 yrds

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Jones:
Run - +8 - 1st
Pass - +3 - 2nd
Run - +4 - 1st
Run - +2 - 2nd
Run - +7 - 2nd
Run - -1 - 1st
Pass - +4 - 2nd
Pass - +7 - 3rd
Run - -6 - 1st
Pass - -5 - 1st
Pass - +8 - 1st
Pass - +4 - 1st
Run - +4 - 2nd
Pass - +12 - 1st
Run - +5 - 2nd
Pass - -1 - 2nd
Pass - +21 - 1st

Dillon:
Run - +3 - 1st
Run - +7 - 1st
Run - +5 - 1st
Run - 0 - 2nd

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:25
Read through this. Crazy. 11 personnel on 70% of plays. Only 4 motion plays and 5 play actions. We simply refuse to play to our strengths.
Hmmm... who do we know that prefers to live and die by this? This is where I don't care if he has 15 MVP's. This is just insanity. Pure stupidity to play this way.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
25 Oct 2022 11:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
Hmmm... who do we know that prefers to live and die by this? This is where I don't care if he has 15 MVP's. This is just insanity. Pure stupidity to play this way.
Could it be the same guy who went on in the media last week about simplifying the offense and playing more up tempo by reducing all the pre-snap movement? Wasn't that the cure?

And by the way, outside of the late game catch-up mode, who noticed we were snapping the ball earlier in the play-clock? Nobody, that's who. That's because even without the pre-snap motion, Rodgers was still consistently snapping the ball with under 5 sec remaining on the play clock. As I said last week, "up tempo" was just an excuse to do more of what AR likes to do and less of what the coach want to do in his own offense.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

jglovia wrote:
25 Oct 2022 10:47
You believe we can go on the road in prime time to a place we have never been successful with the O personnel we have today against one of the top teams in the league this year coming off a bye and knock them off? If so I want some of what you are smoking. I think we'll eventually get things turned around but not this week. :(

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am all for blaming Rodgers, but that's a LaFleur thing at the end of the day. Coach's job to get the player to play that way. Inspire him. Threaten him. Do whatever it takes. A tall order given who the player is, but still.

The two of them needed to be on he same page about the offense needing to look very different than when Adams was on the team and design it accordingly. Either LaFleur lacks the vision to remake the O successfully, or he has the vision but can't get Rodgers on board with it, either one comes back to the coach in the end.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
25 Oct 2022 11:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401326461

34 passes to 20 carries to the backs.