2022 WR's

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Week 1 WRs on 53

Sammy Watkins
14%
Randall Cobb
14%
Alan Lazard
14%
Christian Watson
9%
Christian Watson (on PUP)
4%
Romeo Doubs
15%
Juwann Winfree
10%
Amari Rodgers
12%
Malik Taylor
No votes
Danny Davis
1%
Ishmael Hyman
1%
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 181

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

texas wrote:
23 Oct 2022 22:51
I would be pretty surprised if we don't go out and get a WR this week. The juxtaposition of an actual NFL WR Terry McLaurin making several tough catches alongside our college-caliber WRs dropping several important passes just made it too glaringly obvious for BG to continue to sit on his hands.

Supposedly we're looking at Chase Claypool, who I would rather stay away from. I think he would be more of the same. Would much rather have Diontae Johnson or Pickens if we're going to Pittsburgh. Also Brandin Cooks or Keenan Allen are some names I like.

Or hell, just undo the Davante trade. It's not working for both teams.
There were two good WR available in the 2nd round when he traded up to get a guy who can't get off the training table, or catch a ball for the few days he has been off.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

wallyuwl wrote:
23 Oct 2022 23:44
texas wrote:
I would be pretty surprised if we don't go out and get a WR this week. The juxtaposition of an actual NFL WR Terry McLaurin making several tough catches alongside our college-caliber WRs dropping several important passes just made it too glaringly obvious for BG to continue to sit on his hands.

Supposedly we're looking at Chase Claypool, who I would rather stay away from. I think he would be more of the same. Would much rather have Diontae Johnson or Pickens if we're going to Pittsburgh. Also Brandin Cooks or Keenan Allen are some names I like.

There were two good WR available in the 2nd round when he traded up to get a guy who can't get off the training table, or catch a ball for the few days he has been off.
Yeah Pickens was the guy. Could have had both actually. Not sure we needed Wyatt.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Wondering if the better question might be, who are the 2023 WRs?

I doubt Watkins, Cobb, or Amari Rodgers are around, and would not be surprised to see Lazard go elsewhere.

Could be looking at Watson, Doubs, Toure and ??????

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

texas wrote:

I have to agree on Claypool. I like him, but he's basically another Lazard.

Does Keenan Allen have anything left in the tank? Looks like he was injured from week 2 until this last game.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Oct 2022 12:33
texas wrote:

Does Keenan Allen have anything left in the tank? Looks like he was injured from week 2 until this last game.
Yeah, I agree, we don't really need another possession receiver. Even when MVS was in, he wasn't always the most productive, but his impact was pretty clear. We were a very different offense without him. And we are seeing that now. Just a threat of someone beating you deep does impact how the D plays you.

Robby Anderson could have fit that bill, Will Fuller still unemployed. Not sure if either of those guys still have it.

DJ Moore maybe the only name I've seen floated around has that deep play threat. But he'd cost ya a lot of draft capital, maybe a 2 and a 5, maybe a 1 and get something back. Although we can just immediately try to flip him in the offseason before his salary explodes and try to get some draft capital back.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 08:29
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
texas wrote:

Yeah, I agree, we don't really need another possession receiver. Even when MVS was in, he wasn't always the most productive, but his impact was pretty clear. We were a very different offense without him. And we are seeing that now. Just a threat of someone beating you deep does impact how the D plays you.

Robby Anderson could have fit that bill, Will Fuller still unemployed. Not sure if either of those guys still have it.

DJ Moore maybe the only name I've seen floated around has that deep play threat. But he'd cost ya a lot of draft capital, maybe a 2 and a 5, maybe a 1 and get something back. Although we can just immediately try to flip him in the offseason before his salary explodes and try to get some draft capital back.
Claypool has 4.4 speed.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/chase-claypool

Bigger problem, I think, is that he is a bit of a turd. Loved him coming out of ND.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:01
BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 08:29
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Claypool has 4.4 speed.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/chase-claypool

Bigger problem, I think, is that he is a bit of a turd. Loved him coming out of ND.
Not just 40 though, is a play style/skill set. Don't think Claypool is altering anyone's play by going deep.

Christian Watson can be that guy, but he needs to play and probably get better. So I do kind of like that DJ Moore renting strategy for a year. Not sure how possible that is, fair to a guy like Moore, locker room repercussions, I dunno. But works on paper.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:34
So I do kind of like that DJ Moore renting strategy for a year. Not sure how possible that is, fair to a guy like Moore, locker room repercussions, I dunno. But works on paper.
He signed a big contract extension this offseason.
image.png
image.png (110.04 KiB) Viewed 504 times

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2022 10:09
BF004 wrote:
So I do kind of like that DJ Moore renting strategy for a year. Not sure how possible that is, fair to a guy like Moore, locker room repercussions, I dunno. But works on paper.

image.png
I'm quite aware, why I have said a few times, we'd have to trade him in the offseason. His salary this year works well.

Might have to give up like a 2 and a 4, maybe only get like a 3 and 5 back in the offseason, unless he just tears it up. Or we could possibly extend him and give him a very low '23 cap figure too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jerry Jeudy's name has been coming up. Not really sure I'd wanna fork out for what he'd cost. Although we could make his contract fit, only ~$1 in base salary left this year, give or take. Then we'd have to decide on 5th year option for 2024 in the offseason and have him for 2023 under contract for cheap.

If the draft compensation isn't that high, I'd be all for it. But also think he wouldn't make or break our offense whatsoever. Might just be a smart long term move looking to help this year, help 2023 and maybe 2024 with a lot of upside.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I think DJ Moore is the only one that could really help us this year. If that doesn't happen, then I'm all about staying put and seeing how Doubs and Watson develop.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 11:19
Jerry Jeudy's name has been coming up. Not really sure I'd wanna fork out for what he'd cost. Although we could make his contract fit, only ~$1 in base salary left this year, give or take. Then we'd have to decide on 5th year option for 2024 in the offseason and have him for 2023 under contract for cheap.

If the draft compensation isn't that high, I'd be all for it. But also think he wouldn't make or break our offense whatsoever. Might just be a smart long term move looking to help this year, help 2023 and maybe 2024 with a lot of upside.
One thing I like about Jeudy is his age. He's young enough to build a WR room around along with Watson and Doubs. If we want to improve this position this season we have to pay for it. Otherwise we'll have to wait until next offseason to fix it.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Important to keep in mind: We wouldn't be having this convo if Gute hadn't blown the draft.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Oct 2022 12:58
Important to keep in mind: We wouldn't be having this convo if Gute hadn't blown the draft.
Which one? ;)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
26 Oct 2022 13:54
wallyuwl wrote:
Which one? ;)
Good point. I'm talking about RD 2. There were three options considered worthy at the time, and he chose the one of three that is a bust.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 10:21
NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2022 10:09
BF004 wrote:

image.png
I'm quite aware, why I have said a few times, we'd have to trade him in the offseason. His salary this year works well.

Might have to give up like a 2 and a 4, maybe only get like a 3 and 5 back in the offseason, unless he just tears it up. Or we could possibly extend him and give him a very low '23 cap figure too.
Yooper Mikes motto, there is no such thing as having to many great wide receivers :lol:

well that use to be how I felt, times change, teams want to run more, probably can get by with only 3 now :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Oct 2022 14:09
Pugger wrote:
26 Oct 2022 13:54
wallyuwl wrote:
Which one? ;)
Good point. I'm talking about RD 2. There were three options considered worthy at the time, and he chose the one of three that is a bust.
all 3 had a asterisk after there name, calling Watson a bust is a stretch, most athletic of the 3, just been injured, bummer, probably wont help much this season

we all, with the help of hind sight would probably made a different choice, but I don't remember anyone yelling reach when we moved up and took him

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It does sound like there is indeed conversations from the Packers to other teams.

I would have been far more for it had we won the last 3 games but looked like could use a boost on the offense.

But right now I don't think this team is close enough to have one player put us over the top.

I guess if we beat Buffalo you try and do something to salvage this team. A lot of time between now and January.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Oct 2022 19:16
It does sound like there is indeed conversations from the Packers to other teams.

I would have been far more for it had we won the last 3 games but looked like could use a boost on the offense.

But right now I don't think this team is close enough to have one player put us over the top.

I guess if we beat Buffalo you try and do something to salvage this team. A lot of time between now and January.
one thing about drops, is when they stop, the offense is much better, I know, dumb statement, but a couple less drops and we'd of won last week.

I think no mater what, a GM should make every move possible in season to give the fans a better team, better chance to win games.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

We beat a Bears team that is young and can't figure out how to use its RB/QB. The Bears are sub .500.

We beat a Bucs team that isn't very good. The Bucs are sub .500.

We beat the Pats, in overtime, who were using their rookie back up QB. The Pats are sub .500.

This year's GB team is awful and should probably be winless.

Everything that can be sold should be sold. If a young WR on a rookie deal can be bought, maybe go that route. But don't think that that will somehow turn things around. That's a move to help in 2024 and 2025.