Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
26 Oct 2022 08:37
Not to mention, look around the league right now. Mediocre QB play is very widespread right now, some teams have winning records with it (e.g. NYG and NYJ, both of which beat our "great" QB with their mediocrity).

Teams that are paying top dollar for older QBs like us, Bucs, Broncos, and Rams aren't clearly advantaged, in fact they have worse records than teams like NYG and NYG run by Mid quarterbacks.

The era of QB dominance is over. We are past the point of having 10-15 really good QBs playing at a time. Now it's like 5 (and Rodgers is not one of them).

I, for one, am ready for some L O V E in my life. :mrgreen:
Aaron Rodgers leads the NFC in TD passes along with, double checks, Jared Goff and Geno Smith. :salute:

And I think we've already left more than a few TD's on the field.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:37

This is an interesting one. Not sure I would put Rasul in the top 5 coverage corners this season.
Chit man, someone else drafted our best CB :lol:

with all the zone confusion I'am surprised any of our 3 made the top 10, let alone top 5.
Despite some of our struggles and bizarre circumstances, we do have the #1 pass defense in the NFL. We definitely have some talent back there. If we can even be and average offense from a time of possession stand point and cut down our turnovers, I think our D would be killing it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:50
I havn't looked but I didn't notice to many dropped passes from any of those QB's you think are just mediocre, funny how receivers that catch passes can make a QB look good.
Giants were down to Practice Squad-caliber players when we faced them due to a rash of injuries at WR, easily worse than what Rodgers has had to work with.

Funny how a team can run a competent passing game without any amazing reeSEEvers (and this without a QB that purports to be one of the bEsT eVeR that can make bad WRs look good).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
26 Oct 2022 10:04
Yoop wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:50
I havn't looked but I didn't notice to many dropped passes from any of those QB's you think are just mediocre, funny how receivers that catch passes can make a QB look good.
Giants were down to Practice Squad-caliber players when we faced them due to a rash of injuries at WR, easily worse than what Rodgers has had to work with.

Funny how a team can run a competent passing game without any amazing reeSEEvers (and this without a QB that purports to be one of the bEsT eVeR that can make bad WRs look good).
Lebrev it doesn't matter if the receivers just got here from Mars, if they catch whats thrown close enough to make a catch and do so the QB gets a completion, which possibly moves the chains, and that team prospers enough to get a win, drops are more then just a incompletion if the offense has to go to the bench as a result.

my next search, how many drops this season ended drives, I'am sure I'll need all fingers and toes to count them :mrgreen:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:57
Yoop wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 09:37

This is an interesting one. Not sure I would put Rasul in the top 5 coverage corners this season.
Chit man, someone else drafted our best CB :lol:

with all the zone confusion I'am surprised any of our 3 made the top 10, let alone top 5.
Despite some of our struggles and bizarre circumstances, we do have the #1 pass defense in the NFL. We definitely have some talent back there. If we can even be and average offense from a time of possession stand point and cut down our turnovers, I think our D would be killing it.
Some of our pass defense rating is skewed due to how bad our run defense has been and also that we haven't played great passing teams.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
26 Oct 2022 10:29
Lebrev it doesn't matter if the receivers just got here from Mars, if they catch whats thrown close enough to make a catch and do so the QB gets a completion, which possibly moves the chains, and that team prospers enough to get a win, drops are more then just a incompletion if the offense has to go to the bench as a result.
Wait, it *doesn't* matter? I was told it matters a lot. I was told that high draft picks and other top talent at WR is absolutely vital or else you can't run a competent passing game.

Now we are admitting that you don't need top talent to do that, just guys who can catch balls close to them, even if they are UDFA churn or scrub journeymen like what the Giants fielded a few weeks ago! :shock:

GOOD TO KNOW :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
26 Oct 2022 11:35
Yoop wrote:
26 Oct 2022 10:29
Wait, it *doesn't* matter? I was told it matters a lot. I was told that high draft picks and other top talent at WR is absolutely vital or else you can't run a competent passing game.

Now we are admitting that you don't need top talent to do that, just guys who can catch balls close to them, even if they are UDFA churn or scrub journeymen like what the Giants fielded a few weeks ago! :shock:

GOOD TO KNOW :twisted:
higher picks tend to do better faster, go look who the top rookie receivers are, we hit gold with Doubs, but he has to hold onto the ball, never said draft slotting was a requirement for a receiver to catch passes, just that the higher picked ones tend to be more consistent and ready to play sooner

again, if the receivers catch the passes who cares what slot they where drafted in.

go look at some of the catches by London, Pickett, Olave etc, Dotson, some of those passes are well off target, but they track the passes and make excellent catches, not saying our guys can't or wont ever be able to do that, but they are not now, Rodgers calling these guys out in the media seems something I wish he wouldn't do, but maybe it's what it'll take for them to start, specially Doubs :banana: the banana guy needs a hoola hoop :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packers Bill GDT hitting in the morning. Stay Frosty.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 18:11
Is there some formula to blow these up so it's possible to read the names, or does everyone hold a magnifying glass up to there PC screen as I do :lol:

:aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2022 07:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 18:11
Is there some formula to blow these up so it's possible to read the names, or does everyone hold a magnifying glass up to there PC screen as I do :lol:

:aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Oct 2022 10:36
Could have guessed we weren't good there.

Seems we go 3 and out, or have a decent drive and score.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
27 Oct 2022 11:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Oct 2022 10:36
Could have guessed we weren't good there.

Seems we go 3 and out, or have a decent drive and score.
Thought it was interesting that the same thing happened last year too.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Sounds like we have interest in Brandon Cooks, probably has another couple good seasons left in him, if there is a way of renegotiating or restructuring his contract I'am all in. getter done Brian, or look up your animals, or we'll be trading you come January :twisted: