Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2022 07:11
Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2022 07:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2022 18:11
Is there some formula to blow these up so it's possible to read the names, or does everyone hold a magnifying glass up to there PC screen as I do :lol:

:aok:
clicked it, took me to twitter, same small print :idn:

PFF has now lost my faith, some of there grades don't meet the eye test.

besides that though, I'd like to thank Pckfn and others for all they bring and contribute here :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Click again. Zoom in.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So if I’m reading those O-Linemen charts correctly, and they can be trusted, it appears both Jenkins and Newman have struggled. Newman, especially so. Everybody else appears to be performing at an above average level regardless of the (subjective IMO) opponent difficulty rating.

That also seems to jive with the eye test.

So now all we need is some sustained health from Bakh (or continued strong fill-in work from Tom) and for Jenkins to return to above level play back at his familiar interior LG position. Those, however, are some significant “ifs”.

That’s where fixing this offense starts: up front. Get that right and the rest becomes easier. I’m not sure it’ll be enough this week but it does offer some hope moving forward that if they can start putting some consistent points up they can maybe sneak into the playoffs and make a run like 2010.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

For the first time in who knows how long (I guess back to the Majik/Infante We Trust era and the 2005 Sherman tanked coached team), the Packers now officially have a one-dimensional offense. Aaron Jones is the offense. :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
28 Oct 2022 05:57
So if I’m reading those O-Linemen charts correctly, and they can be trusted, it appears both Jenkins and Newman have struggled. Newman, especially so. Everybody else appears to be performing at an above average level regardless of the (subjective IMO) opponent difficulty rating.

So now all we need is some sustained health from Bakh (or continued strong fill-in work from Tom) and for Jenkins to return to above level play back at his familiar interior LG position. Those, however, are some significant “ifs”.

That’s where fixing this offense starts: up front. Get that right and the rest becomes easier. I’m not sure it’ll be enough this week but it does offer some hope moving forward that if they can start putting some consistent points up they can maybe sneak into the playoffs and make a run like 2010.
Yeah. By far our offensive line is the largest weakness on this roster. Much of it has to do with the terrible play of Royce Newman but even more of it has to do with the unexpected drop off from Elgton Jenkins.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Josh Myers is good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2022 14:41
Yeah. By far our offensive line is the largest weakness on this roster. Much of it has to do with the terrible play of Royce Newman but even more of it has to do with the unexpected drop off from Elgton Jenkins.
I think with new configuration and Newman out of there, they can be a strength.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

Jenkins is young, had a terrible knee injury, rust and trust in that knee is probably the culprit, health and time is the cure, Newman is a lead foot, slow to react and reset and there fore has no leverage in pass pro, when run blocking he seems much better.
to many mis cues to just blame OL, though minus the blocking nothing is easy.

we are averaging over twice the mistakes a games as normal, eliminate that and we'd 5-1.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2022 09:41
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

Jenkins is young, had a terrible knee injury, rust and trust in that knee is probably the culprit, health and time is the cure, Newman is a lead foot, slow to react and reset and there fore has no leverage in pass pro, when run blocking he seems much better.
to many mis cues to just blame OL, though minus the blocking nothing is easy.

we are averaging over twice the mistakes a games as normal, eliminate that and we'd 5-1.
I think Newman's largest issue is he is simply too small to be a guard. I think he is a career RT backup. I would focus him on that in the long run.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2022 11:01

I think Newman's largest issue is he is simply too small to be a guard. I think he is a career RT backup. I would focus him on that in the long run.
6'5", 310. I think it was more between the ears than anything. He always struggled with stunts especially.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The inevitable talk after this one will be tearing it all down. So I'll state my opinion now. I want to see the team Gutey and MLF could put together without having to factor in Aaron Rodgers.

Give them 3-5 more years and see what happens.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:23
The inevitable talk after this one will be tearing it all down. So I'll state my opinion now. I want to see the team Gutey and MLF could put together without having to factor in Aaron Rodgers.

I want to say this is heavy sarcasm.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:

The problem is this team will have to be torn down with a buffer year to bring it back. Like 2024 is likely the first season we see returns on the rebuild assuming everything goes perfect.

The Packers are in a tough spot. They need Rodgers out of picture to rebuild but they are kind of at the mercy of what Rodgers wants to do based on the contract they gave him.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 06:19
paco wrote:

The problem is this team will have to be torn down with a buffer year to bring it back. Like 2024 is likely the first season we see returns on the rebuild assuming everything goes perfect.

The Packers are in a tough spot. They need Rodgers out of picture to rebuild but they are kind of at the mercy of what Rodgers wants to do based on the contract they gave him.
Pete carol and the Seahawks are showing what the packers should have done
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2022 06:29
go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:

Pete carol and the Seahawks are showing what the packers should have done
The Packers took the risky route being seduced by a SB ring.

It has backfired and we will have to pay the price. The first toll is suffering through this season rooting for a team we all know full well will have to be blown up. 2006 type seasons are WAY more fun that 2018 type seasons.

The one risk I see with this team, because of our easy December schedule, is this team turns into a 2015/2016 team and convinces the Front Office we can bandage this thing together for another year.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 04:15
paco wrote:

Nope. They may suck as you and others believe. I have a little more faith and want to see them get the opportunity. Along with some other changes.
go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:

Tough spot indeed. Understand how and why they got there, but it obviously wasn't the right choice. I'm good with the tear down and buffer year as I fully expect it is needed.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:

Nope. They may suck as you and others believe. I have a little more faith and want to see them get the opportunity. Along with some other changes.
We just watched Gutenkunst blow two entire drafts and $%@# up the cap in a matter of 4 seasons and you want to give him another 4?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Apart from WR, the roster talent is pretty good across the board. Gute has been good overall.

MLF is the one I am less sure about. This team is not playing like the sum of its parts.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 09:19
paco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:53
lupedafiasco wrote:

We just watched Gutenkunst blow two entire drafts and $%@# up the cap in a matter of 4 seasons and you want to give him another 4?
Yep. Call me crazy, but I don't think the 2022 draft was blown. Not perfect, but I still think Watson will be a good player if he can stay healthy. Doubs, Tom, and Walker will all be good players. Wyatt is the question, can't say either way yet. Enagbare is starting to show up a bit (can't ask a ton out of a 5th rounder). And I think Toure is going to be a solid player as well. Plus I'm exicited to see if Rasheed Walker becomes something.

2021 is a bit different. Stokes I'll chalk up to a sophomore slump until he shows different next year. Myers is good. Rodgers isn't (but did make 1 nice catch yesterday). Newman can still be a solid swing guy perhaps (he was a 4th rounder for a reason). Slaton I think can be a good rotation guy on the DL. I had a think for Jean-Charles and I'm hoping he can become a player on D, but is a solid STer. McDuffie looked ok yesterday. I hope Kylin is activated today or tomorrow and we see him make some impact, I think he'll be good.

Neither of these classes you can say anything difinitive on yet. Yes, other moves could have been made possible for better immediate help. Doesn't make them blown.

I think decisions would have been very different if Rodgers wouldn't have been back in the picture. I think they both deserve the chance to put together a team without that piece affecting things.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
31 Oct 2022 09:28
Apart from WR, the roster talent is pretty good across the board. Gute has been good overall.

MLF is the one I am less sure about. This team is not playing like the sum of its parts.
Definitely haven't "blown" 2 drafts. Of the 6 other GMs supplied as elite, Gutekunst was 5th out of the 7.

While Watkins is definitely not the answer, it was at least trying to fix the issue. Right premise, wrong decision.

LaFleur seems fine, but needs to demand more from coaches and players.

How we can't get the DC job right all these years is baffling.