Packers @ Bills GDT: Sunday, Oct. 30th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packers fans are weird. There is no morale victory for losing 3 straight and dropping to 3-5.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah this is a bad football team.

The defense is bad because of guys like Eric Stokes and Darnell Savage refusing to get physical and the offense is bad for a litany of reasons.

But damnit I was proud of the fight last night. That 2nd half was their best half of football all year. It was the exact type of half I imagined for this team. I imagined a physical team who ran the ball over and over and over with a defense that made life tough on the opponent. We saw that 2nd half. I also then imagined the occasional 10 plays a game where Rodgers was Rodgers and each game he builds more and more chemistry with his receivers being a dangerous team come playoff time.

Our offensive line did a good job run blocking. Rodgers played within the offense. The coaches kept playing the guys they should like Toure and Deguara. AJ Dillon ran with authority.

A lot of things to like. But I fear it's too little too late. We are at 5 losses and very easily will be 7 to 8 losses come the end of November.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 04:07
Packers fans are weird. There is no morale victory for losing 3 straight and dropping to 3-5.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

texas wrote:
30 Oct 2022 23:53
If you believe in moral victories then I would say that was a moral victory. We could have gotten blown out. They're way better than us, it was at Buffalo, the refs screwed us harder than they have in a long time, we lost important players to injuries, and yet we still didn't get Buffalo'd. We never let them blow us out, and we even looked like the tougher team at the end. We found something on offense that actually worked, for the first time all year. And now we have the 2nd best thing to bust out of a slump awaiting for us, a date with the Lions (the best thing being the Bears).

If we're going to make something out of this season, the turnaround starts now.
Pretty much summarizes my thoughts.

There was progression with the offense and fight within the defense. They didn't quit and actually had a shot, albeit a long one, to steal a win at the end. Can't complain too bad about that showing against the best team in football, in their house, them coming in well rested off a bye.

I guess my biggest gripe is that the progression we saw last night is what many here expected several weeks ago. This team had plateaued and was listless for the past 3 games. Had the Packers shown a hint of what we saw last night against the Giants, no way they lose that game. Same with the Jets. Same with the Commanders.

Sitting at 3-5 isn't the end of the world but if this team is gonna do anything, they can't afford another non-growth plateau cycle. The growth we witnessed last night needs to be built upon, not rested upon. And if last night showed anything, it's that it's too soon to give up on the season.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

We need to first eek out a win at Detroit, and then literally kick the Cowboys all of Lambeau Field on November 13th. We need to leave Lambeau Field on November 13th with momentum to deal with the Eagles later in the month. If we lose to Dallas my Rams tickets are up for sale. GO PACKERS!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Oct 2022 19:41
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
30 Oct 2022 19:35
Pugger wrote:
30 Oct 2022 19:33

At least we showed we can move the ball.
The real test is will they stick with it or fall back to the stuff that doesn't work
Agree. What will LaCoach do tonight?
I am pleased that MLF stuck to the run for the most part last night.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 20:35
Nijman is 100% right, illegal hands to the face by Rosseau. Big miss by the refs.
The refs missed a lot of crap the Bills did last night IMO.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:15
lulu wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:01
I kinda feel sorry for MLF. That halftime interview was just plain sad. He knows they don't have an answer.
He has lost the team.
I don't believe he has. The players never gave up and kept hustling. Everyone on our sidelines knew we were huge underdogs and kept playing hard until the bitter end. The game wasn't the embarrassment I feared it would be.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lulu wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:25
Aaron Jones, balling out tonight.
Lets just vote now for Here's Johnny. Actually, not much of a decision.
:grin:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:31
This team isn’t going to be top tier next year either, unless there are significant changes. I hate to already talk about rebuild, but I think that needs to happen. We are over-valuing some players and coaches. Let’s retool a little bit.
We need WRs obviously but we need a RT and Jenkins healthy back at RG. Bak looked pretty good last night. We need a new DC who can put our guys in a position to be successful. I have a feeling if we address these this offseason we will be a lot more successful in 2023.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:36
NCF wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:34
Just bad offense all season. Like 9 in the box presnap on that one.
And they ran right into the teeth of it. Sorry.

Nijman just got snowplowed by Von Miller, a guy he outweighs by 50 LBs.
Miller does that to a lot of tackles not named Bak.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:55
Man we really got decimated with injuries tonight, and we were already banged up. :messedup:
This concerns me more than the final score. :(

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Realist wrote:
30 Oct 2022 22:13
Does Jaire realize his team is getting rolled? Also Gary a complete no-show tonight.
Gary was being held repeatedly and the zebras ignored it, again. Its too bad we can't challenge those kinds of plays...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 20:35
Nijman is 100% right, illegal hands to the face by Rosseau. Big miss by the refs.
The refs missed a lot of crap the Bills did last night IMO.
the call against Tonyan was atrocious, it really does seem we play against the 12th guy a lot this year.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
30 Oct 2022 23:24
Could not see the game but you did not need to be Nostradamus to predict the outcome. Did we improve at least visually? I mean 3-5 is still alive and in 2010 it also did not look sunshine at the start.
One positive about the game is it is obvious we can run the ball and MLF didn't abandon it even tho we were behind and had almost no chance in this game. This is our new ID until our OL pass protects better and our WRs improve.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
30 Oct 2022 23:53
If you believe in moral victories then I would say that was a moral victory. We could have gotten blown out. They're way better than us, it was at Buffalo, the refs screwed us harder than they have in a long time, we lost important players to injuries, and yet we still didn't get Buffalo'd. We never let them blow us out, and we even looked like the tougher team at the end. We found something on offense that actually worked, for the first time all year. And now we have the 2nd best thing to bust out of a slump awaiting for us, a date with the Lions (the best thing being the Bears).

If we're going to make something out of this season, the turnaround starts now.
I doubt we'll make much out of this season. We have too many issues and guys are dropping like flies. But if we continue to play like this at least they will be watchable...

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:33
This is our new ID until our OL pass protects better and our WRs improve.
We can only hope!! 'Seems like just when we are starting to play the way we should, AR/MLF get the itch to play Madden with the passing game.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Throughout the years, I wonder how many bad teams that the Packers let stay in the game in the 2nd half declared morale victories.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If you are sensative to bad language, don't watch this.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:23
APB wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:36
NCF wrote:
30 Oct 2022 21:34
Just bad offense all season. Like 9 in the box presnap on that one.
And they ran right into the teeth of it. Sorry.

Nijman just got snowplowed by Von Miller, a guy he outweighs by 50 LBs.
Miller does that to a lot of tackles not named Bak.
He shouldn't be doing that to him on a called 4th and 1 running play. Miller was more prepared for that play than Nijman was and Miller wasn't even in the huddle when it was called.