Packers @ Bills GDT: Sunday, Oct. 30th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:36
texas wrote:
30 Oct 2022 23:53
If you believe in moral victories then I would say that was a moral victory. We could have gotten blown out. They're way better than us, it was at Buffalo, the refs screwed us harder than they have in a long time, we lost important players to injuries, and yet we still didn't get Buffalo'd. We never let them blow us out, and we even looked like the tougher team at the end. We found something on offense that actually worked, for the first time all year. And now we have the 2nd best thing to bust out of a slump awaiting for us, a date with the Lions (the best thing being the Bears).

If we're going to make something out of this season, the turnaround starts now.
I doubt we'll make much out of this season. We have too many issues and guys are dropping like flies. But if we continue to play like this at least they will be watchable...
I enjoyed the second half, loved watching Doubs complete the catch and tucking the ball in, Loved watching Toure float away from the DB for the TD catch, loved watching Toms blow up the weakside lber on that 12 yrd run by Dillon, there is so much to like about this team, we fans though tend to focus more on what doesn't go well.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 09:49
If you are sensative to bad language, don't watch this.
how does grabbing the jersey become a horse collar, the view doesn't show where Milano's left hand is, could be he grabbed the shoulder pads in the front with it, whatever, but grabbing the jersey like that is done all the time.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I think the frustrating thing for most of us fans is that MLF finally committed to running the ball. If he had done that the last 3 weeks we would be 4-3 or 5-2 right now and pretty happy as a fan base. The scary part is he thinks we need more downfield throws. Not until the O-line gets fixed. Tom is just too small for LG and Aaron hates pressure up the middle. I also liked Aaron under center more often which I think gives us 2 benefits. One is it gets Dillon running more downhill and then it will make the play-action more effective which will give us more downfield capability. Would like a 50-50 split on shotgun vs under center at least.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:27
paco wrote:
how does grabbing the jersey become a horse collar, the view doesn't show where Milano's left hand is, could be he grabbed the shoulder pads in the front with it, whatever, but grabbing the jersey like that is done all the time.
You aren't allowed to grab around the name on the back at all anymore. Doesn't have to be inside. His right hand was there. Did he grab? Maybe, I dunno. But by the letter of the law, it probably should have been called.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:29
I think the frustrating thing for most of us fans is that MLF finally committed to running the ball. If he had done that the last 3 weeks we would be 4-3 or 5-2 right now and pretty happy as a fan base. The scary part is he thinks we need more downfield throws. Not until the O-line gets fixed. Tom is just too small for LG and Aaron hates pressure up the middle. I also liked Aaron under center more often which I think gives us 2 benefits. One is it gets Dillon running more downhill and then it will make the play-action more effective which will give us more downfield capability. Would like a 50-50 split on shotgun vs under center at least.
Yup. The formula was to get off to a hot start, due to lower quality opponents, and win with good defense and running the rock all while slowly sprinkling in some WR plays to get chemistry with Rodgers.

Then the hope was to win 2 of the games against brutal November schedule between BUF, DAL, TEN, and PHI. Preferably at least one win vs an NFC team and go into December with 3 to 4 losses and build momentum in the final month to have a 11-6 or 12-5 record.

Dropping the 3 games they should have won really puts pressure on November now where escaping the month with 7 to 8 losses is not out of the realm of possibility at all. So now our margin of error is incredibly slim and relying on the formula to get hot at the right time may be too late.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:35
Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:27
paco wrote:
You aren't allowed to grab around the name on the back at all anymore. Doesn't have to be inside. His right hand was there. Did he grab? Maybe, I dunno. But by the letter of the law, it probably should have been called.
really, didn't know that, probably because I havn't seen it penalized, I will agree that it's a cheap way to tackle.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:48
packman114 wrote:
Yup. The formula was to get off to a hot start, due to lower quality opponents, and win with good defense and running the rock all while slowly sprinkling in some WR plays to get chemistry with Rodgers.

Then the hope was to win 2 of the games against brutal November schedule between BUF, DAL, TEN, and PHI. Preferably at least one win vs an NFC team and go into December with 3 to 4 losses and build momentum in the final month to have a 11-6 or 12-5 record.

Dropping the 3 games they should have won really puts pressure on November now where escaping the month with 7 to 8 losses is not out of the realm of possibility at all. So now our margin of error is incredibly slim and relying on the formula to get hot at the right time may be too late.
our run blocking was much better last night then it had been the prior two games, that was the key to our running success last night, now if only they could pass block, Jenkins was a detriment doing both techs, he needs to get back to the player he use to be.

Running helped our OL do better with pass pro too, and allowed Rodgers time to throw deep, we have to run to set up the pass, and you have to be able to pass to win games

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2022 08:28
Realist wrote:
30 Oct 2022 22:13
Does Jaire realize his team is getting rolled? Also Gary a complete no-show tonight.
Gary was being held repeatedly and the zebras ignored it, again. Its too bad we can't challenge those kinds of plays...
Need to remember that holding is allowed if the OLine does it the “right” way. They can grab jerseys all day if their hands are inside the shoulder pads and arms not extended too much. But once their hands go to the outside of the pads, especially if they are altering the direction of the rusher…
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2022 10:55
go pak go wrote:
packman114 wrote:

our run blocking was much better last night then it had been the prior two games, that was the key to our running success last night, now if only they could pass block, Jenkins was a detriment doing both techs, he needs to get back to the player he use to be.

Running helped our OL do better with pass pro too, and allowed Rodgers time to throw deep, we have to run to set up the pass, and you have to be able to pass to win games
Yeah. You could also look at it that we actually ran the ball which allowed our run blocking to be good. Running historically is an item of football that gets better the more you do it.

Last night was the first game we actually ran the ball in the 2nd half and the rushing yards followed as a result.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 11:09
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yeah. You could also look at it that we actually ran the ball which allowed our run blocking to be good. Running historically is an item of football that gets better the more you do it.

Last night was the first game we actually ran the ball in the 2nd half and the rushing yards followed as a result.
Down 3 scores and able to run the ball as the clock runs down. Interesting strategy by the bills. Most teams with a big lead try and stop the run.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 11:09
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

if your going to run for a living ya have to do well on 1st and 2nd down or no coach will stick with it, and we didn't do it against the Jets or Wash thats why Lafluer and Rodgers where throwing more, last night we established the run early, the Bills used all out pass rush, which helps run blocking, and our success with that helped pass pro, one or the other has to provide success to establish the other.

ever since we brought Jenkins in our OL has declined, with both run blocking and pass pro, he was terrible at both against the jets and Washinton.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

packman114 wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

“I told him on the field, ‘It’s always the second guy, and you’ve got to keep your poise,'” LaFleur said. “That’s something we talk about, we stress all the time, we show clips of guys around the league losing their mind, and it’s an unfortunate lesson that he’s got to learn. And I hope it’s a reminder for everyone on our football team. That’s the kind of stuff I have zero tolerance for. Mistakes are gonna happen, but losing your cool, losing your poise, putting your team in jeopardy, I’ve got no tolerance for that.”
So does this mean that Walker is going to be benched vs Detroit? What does "zero tolerance" mean to MLF?

Honestly I hope he does bench Walker in favor of Wilson and McDuffie. Now is the time to send a message to the team. Not doing so waters down this message.
Yoop wrote:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 05:38
Yeah this is a bad football team.

The defense is bad because of guys like Eric Stokes and Darnell Savage refusing to get physical and the offense is bad for a litany of reasons.

But damnit I was proud of the fight last night. That 2nd half was their best half of football all year. It was the exact type of half I imagined for this team. I imagined a physical team who ran the ball over and over and over with a defense that made life tough on the opponent. We saw that 2nd half. I also then imagined the occasional 10 plays a game where Rodgers was Rodgers and each game he builds more and more chemistry with his receivers being a dangerous team come playoff time.

Our offensive line did a good job run blocking. Rodgers played within the offense. The coaches kept playing the guys they should like Toure and Deguara. AJ Dillon ran with authority.

A lot of things to like. But I fear it's too little too late. We are at 5 losses and very easily will be 7 to 8 losses come the end of November.
That post is the definition of a Homer. And there ain't a thing wrong with it. Own it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 12:57
“I told him on the field, ‘It’s always the second guy, and you’ve got to keep your poise,'” LaFleur said. “That’s something we talk about, we stress all the time, we show clips of guys around the league losing their mind, and it’s an unfortunate lesson that he’s got to learn. And I hope it’s a reminder for everyone on our football team. That’s the kind of stuff I have zero tolerance for. Mistakes are gonna happen, but losing your cool, losing your poise, putting your team in jeopardy, I’ve got no tolerance for that.”
So does this mean that Walker is going to be benched vs Detroit? What does "zero tolerance" mean to MLF?

Honestly I hope he does bench Walker in favor of Wilson and McDuffie. Now is the time to send a message to the team. Not doing so waters down this message.
no way he'll bench Walker, that was the most chicken &%$@ expulsion I've ever seen, right after that Allen completed a pass 20 yrds right where Walker would have been defending it, the receiver was wide open, Walker lost his cool, but a little push is no reason to eject the player, and he was ejected long after the play was dead.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
31 Oct 2022 13:01
go pak go wrote:

The defense is bad because of guys like Eric Stokes and Darnell Savage refusing to get physical and the offense is bad for a litany of reasons.

But damnit I was proud of the fight last night. That 2nd half was their best half of football all year. It was the exact type of half I imagined for this team. I imagined a physical team who ran the ball over and over and over with a defense that made life tough on the opponent. We saw that 2nd half. I also then imagined the occasional 10 plays a game where Rodgers was Rodgers and each game he builds more and more chemistry with his receivers being a dangerous team come playoff time.

Our offensive line did a good job run blocking. Rodgers played within the offense. The coaches kept playing the guys they should like Toure and Deguara. AJ Dillon ran with authority.

A lot of things to like. But I fear it's too little too late. We are at 5 losses and very easily will be 7 to 8 losses come the end of November.
That post is the definition of a Homer. And there ain't a thing wrong with it. Own it.
GO PACK GO= homer

Realist= anti homer

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2022 13:07
Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:

GO PACK GO= homer

Realist= anti homer
You can't root ur team to victory Yoop. You can be a fan and realize this formula isn't working. I wear my gear same as you and GPG.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The NFL Network is replaying last night's game right now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
31 Oct 2022 13:14
Yoop wrote:
Realist wrote:

GO PACK GO= homer

Realist= anti homer
You can't root ur team to victory Yoop. You can be a fan and realize this formula isn't working. I wear my gear same as you and GPG.
you don't sound like a optimistic fan as I'am, I see a line that struggles, and I know why it struggles, when I see Gary struggle, I also have a good idea why, when I see Rodgers and Lafluer pass versus run, again I suspect it's because on early downs the run isn't getting yards and distance, etc, etc.

I don't jump to the conclusion Gary sucks when it's beyond obvious that he's still hobbling from the toe injury.

and if your not rooting for your team to be victorious why are you here? this formula is the only one we got, until some players continue to do there part we have one impact offensive player we can count on, Jones.
you and others act as though Lafluer has a bunch of options.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Realist wrote:
go pak go wrote:

GO PACK GO= homer

Realist= anti homer
I'm surprised you still think I'm a Homer yoop after all my team bashing, Rodgers bashing, and refusal to give up future assets on this team as it won't matter anyway. :lol:

But I'm glad you stood up for me. :aok:
Yoop wrote: