Here's Johnny!! (Lean Bill of Health) BUF Wk8

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 18:41
I won't be able to do a candidates summary due to work until after the game. :idn:
salmar80 - Eric Stokes
Cdragon - Sammy "ow, my hammy" Watkins
AmishMafia - Christian Watson
paco - Samori Toure
BF004 - AJ Dillon
go pak go - Quay Walker
APB - Romeo Doubs
Bogey - Innis Gaines
Pugger - Aaron Jones
Yoop - Pat O'Donnel
packman114 - Rasul Douglas
Pckfn23 - Darnell Savage
NCF - Aaron Rodgers
Crazysmart Starks - Robert Tonyan
Realist - Amari Rodgers
Labrev - O line
RingoCStarrQB - De'Vondre Campbell
Lulu - Rashan Gary
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Toure Doubs Jones, only 3 I can think of from that list.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

As much as I advocate for the underdog in this contest, I can't go against Aaron Jones this week. He was a one-man wrecking crew and carried the offense. He gets my vote.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

It's Aaron Jones. Our "one-dimensional offense" non-secret weapon.

No one else is even close.

Happy to see Doubs arrive, by the way. GO PACKERS!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Aaron Jones
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Since Aaron Jones has been our only weapon this year, this is what I expect from him. Just because we finally wised up and used him like we should have been doing all along doesn't get my vote.

Toure a rookie in his second game, only given an opportunity because of injury is the least likely contributor. The longest shot on the board. He made a veteran move to get open and caught a deep ball for a TD. And while AJ will certainly win the vote, give the kid some more targets!

So Samori Toure is my vote.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well, I can't vote for Toure (and I plan on picking him every week until he wins it) and I think Jones wins it this week with the big performace. Doubs does deserve a nod for making some plays.

I'll vote Jones. Played hard from the beginning and I think he put the team on his back and allowed the rest of them to pull their heads out of their butts eventually.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't go Toure here because it's about who has the best *game* relative to expectations. Toure didn't have much of a game last night, just a one nice play. He definitely deserves more opportunities to make more plays like that through the breadth of the game, but as it stands, it's a flash.

Star players need above-and-beyond performances. Jones definitely was dominant on many plays, but pretty on par with what I expect. In lieu of anyone else with an argument, I would vote for him, but...

I vote Doubs. I don't fault him for the long pass, that was a very low-percentage play. He caught every other target that I saw, two of which were worthy of the highlight reel. Not quite as big of a game as the one that won it for him last time, but he also came off a rough outing last week.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Toure is making it easier to move on from Amari Rodgers as a receiver

Doubs is gaining some confidence with those two great catches

Jones just keeps carrying the offense, another excellent performance, he gets my vote again.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I think Jones was better than expected because the Bills defense is usually pretty good against the run. Doubs made a phenomenal catch on the TD but I think Jones deserves it this week for proving what many of us have been saying, RUN the DAMN BALL!!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Jones

20 attempts for 143 (7.15 average!) is more than I expected against this defense
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I think I am going to vote Aaron Jones.

Honestly though Alexander played a pretty decent game too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Alexander, Jones and Rodgers for me.

All highly paid, elite players. I don't think any of our tier II guys had a good game. Yes, a clutch catch or block here or there (Thought Deguara had a good game) but one guys stood out and that is Jones. He was a one man wrecking ball. Bills must have known it was going to him (hell, who else would it have been?) and still couldn't stop him.

Couple that with an average passing attack and we might be able to win a few games.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Toure and Doubs looked great on the TDs and deserve consideration but Jonesey was beyond amazing. He gets my vote also.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

As all have said, 3 real choices.

I'm going to go with Doubs. That was an amazing catch. And I thought I saw a change in Rodgers afterwards. Maybe he gets his $%#@ together and starts playing better, and if Doubs played a role in that with the catch, that is quite an achievement.

Aaron Jones though, my goodness. He is our best player and will probably overtake Ahman Green as my favorite Packer RB of all time.