Packers @ Bills GDT: Sunday, Oct. 30th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2022 15:24
Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2022 13:07
Realist wrote:
31 Oct 2022 13:01

That post is the definition of a Homer. And there ain't a thing wrong with it. Own it.
GO PACK GO= homer

Realist= anti homer
I'm surprised you still think I'm a Homer yoop after all my team bashing, Rodgers bashing, and refusal to give up future assets on this team as it won't matter anyway. :lol:

But I'm glad you stood up for me. :aok:
I know your passionate, even though your team compass needs recalibration :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Some good looks into the game above, but I want to highlight this one especially.

This is what pre-snap RPO looks like. The is a give for DAYS if there is an actual post snap read. There is just no way this should be a pass. I think we went to more called runs shortly after this and went under center more.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I love you guys posting the play breakdown vids. Great stuff! (And more reason to be optimistic going forward!) Two points.

1. Tom seems to be a good run blocker. But his pass pro is bad. MLF depends on those guys carrying their own load. But Tom is bad at stunts and power rushes. If he can be sorted, or when Jenkins comes back, I really think this OLine will vastly improve. And they are starting to show this, at least in spots. Yes doctor, the patient is still alive. Maybe our chances at a wild card are almost shot. But there is life, if our D can stand up and chew bubble gum at the same time.

2. 4th down and 1. I so wish that MLF would learn an old tactic that Holmgren used to use. On those short yardage (<2 yards) situations, use more WRs and SPREAD OUT the defense. When you do that, the D CAN’T put 10 in the box. Your OLine and lead blocker must win. But they probably are only facing 7-8 guys instead of 9-10 anyhow. Win ratio was VERY high. And that would still work.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

You guys tell me if I'm insane, but on 4th and short, why not put Love out there sometimes and run read-option? He's fast enough to do it. Can't be any worse than what they're doing now, right? Hell, maybe he can actually QB sneak?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Oct 2022 17:03
You guys tell me if I'm insane, but on 4th and short, why not put Love out there sometimes and run read-option? He's fast enough to do it. Can't be any worse than what they're doing now, right? Hell, maybe he can actually QB sneak?
I think it is insane to think that Love would be a better option than Rodgers in any conceivable situation against the Bills.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
31 Oct 2022 17:56
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
I think it is insane to think that Love would be a better option than Rodgers in any conceivable situation against the Bills.
As the great Captain takes a puff on his cigarette, followed by a swig of high end tequila :aok:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Ok first of all, it's moral victory, not morale victory

Second, yes it is perfectly reasonable to find things which could signal better performance down the road and be optimistic about those things. It is entirely possible that we go back to sucking and end up 5-12 or whatever, but it is also possible (because it happens all the time in the NFL) that something clicked, finally, and the new strategy or mindset or advantage or whatever it was that we saw will propel us to some wins (combined with being able to play the Lions) and more buy-in and belief from the players, and it all snowballs. There are plenty of teams who had midseason slumps who went on to win the Super Bowl that same year. And what's cool about last night was that if that is how we are going to look, and Rodgers is going to buy into it, then that is exactly the type of style that we need to overcome Playoff Aaron.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Captain_Ben wrote:
31 Oct 2022 17:56
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Who's talking about the Bills? I'm talking about 4th and short situations. They have to do something different because they suck right now.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
31 Oct 2022 18:51

Second, yes it is perfectly reasonable to find things which could signal better performance down the road and be optimistic about those things. It is entirely possible that we go back to sucking and end up 5-12 or whatever, but it is also possible (because it happens all the time in the NFL) that something clicked, finally, and the new strategy or mindset or advantage or whatever it was that we saw will propel us to some wins (combined with being able to play the Lions) and more buy-in and belief from the players, and it all snowballs. There are plenty of teams who had midseason slumps who went on to win the Super Bowl that same year. And what's cool about last night was that if that is how we are going to look, and Rodgers is going to buy into it, then that is exactly the type of style that we need to overcome Playoff Aaron.
I just can’t see how it’s a moral victory when we were already blown out early in the game. The Bills weren’t playing for real up 3 possessions.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2022 21:51
texas wrote:

I just can’t see how it’s a moral victory when we were already blown out early in the game. The Bills weren’t playing for real up 3 possessions.
Totally agree. How many times have the Packers up 3 scores just go thru the motions in the second half? Bills could have named the score.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

Idk, I think they were. I don't think the game was enough out of reach for them to have stopped trying. We were sort of destroying them with the RBs all game too, even early on when it was close.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah overall I wouldn't call this a moral victory or a game that has the potential to propel us moving forward.

I will say I thought this was the best offensive performance of the season. I thought Rodgers played his best game and our running attack was fantastic against a great defense. All that being said...we scored 17 points.

Defensively, I was overall disappointed. I thought Alexander was fantastic but otherwise I wasn't impressed. Maybe Douglas (although he got beat a lot in coverage for big plays in the first half). Gary got pressure but it was never any real pressure. Clark was invisible. Our ILBs were terrible and they need to bench Savage immediately.

I think it was Demovsky who reported that the defense is starting to get disgruntled about the scheme and overall I think you can tell. They just don't have any juice. There were a few drives I was proud of. A few RZ stops I was proud of. But overall I think the Bills not putting up more than 27 was more to do with the Bills making mistakes than it was the Packers controlling the game.

If the defense played like their talent level is and the offense played like they did all year with some future signs of stardom from the young guys...we'd be right on track.

But instead the defense is regressing, was never dominant to begin with, and the offense is coming on too late.

I expect a win vs Detroit but all that will do is push the inevitable out another week. I don't see it with this team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2022 06:43
Yeah overall I wouldn't call this a moral victory or a game that has the potential to propel us moving forward.

I will say I thought this was the best offensive performance of the season. I thought Rodgers played his best game and our running attack was fantastic against a great defense. All that being said...we scored 17 points.

Defensively, I was overall disappointed. I thought Alexander was fantastic but otherwise I wasn't impressed. Maybe Douglas (although he got beat a lot in coverage for big plays in the first half). Gary got pressure but it was never any real pressure. Clark was invisible. Our ILBs were terrible and they need to bench Savage immediately.

I think it was Demovsky who reported that the defense is starting to get disgruntled about the scheme and overall I think you can tell. They just don't have any juice. There were a few drives I was proud of. A few RZ stops I was proud of. But overall I think the Bills not putting up more than 27 was more to do with the Bills making mistakes than it was the Packers controlling the game.

If the defense played like their talent level is and the offense played like they did all year with some future signs of stardom from the young guys...we'd be right on track.

But instead the defense is regressing, was never dominant to begin with, and the offense is coming on too late.

I expect a win vs Detroit but all that will do is push the inevitable out another week. I don't see it with this team.
If all you said isn't a moral victory, I'd like to know what it is.

best running performance of the year, best passing performance of the year, offensively this was our best performance of the year.

Defense has been a cluster f of mis cues and broken coverage all season, the line schemes are worse then Capers ever where, we don't have the body's to play two gap, yet thats what Berry does, not sure I've ever seen a 20 front with 4 yards in between the tackles before, that puts all the strain on 2 ILBs to fill to much space against guys that outweigh them by over 50lbs, Berry is a dead coach walking, he may not even last out the season.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

After half with Campbell and Walker out, we went to a more attacking style across the line and held the running game to 14 rushes and 46 yards. And it isn't like they just gashed us in the passing game either, 5 catches on 14 attempts, 89 yards and 2 INTs.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

They kept throwing deep well into the 3rd quarter. Thought it was kind of a dick move, really. They were already up 17 pts!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
01 Nov 2022 08:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

They kept throwing deep well into the 3rd quarter. Thought it was kind of a dick move, really. They were already up 17 pts!
yep, Allen was picked twice forcing the pass, we had two back up lbers in using 20 fronts why would you pass the ball up 17 pts? one reason, they where hoping for a big blow out, the moral victory is that we didn't let that happen

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Nov 2022 08:20
After half with Campbell and Walker out, we went to a more attacking style across the line and held the running game to 14 rushes and 46 yards. And it isn't like they just gashed us in the passing game either, 5 catches on 14 attempts, 89 yards and 2 INTs.
OK, but just imagine if we'd used that attacking style with Campbell and Walker in the game

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2022 09:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
OK, but just imagine if we'd used that attacking style with Campbell and Walker in the game
Obviously we should be, going forward.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2022 09:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
Exactly. It always seems to me like our ILBs are reading and reacting too much. Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seemed like Campbell was attacking the LOS a lot more last year than this year. I don't know X & O's like some of you guys so I just rely on the old eye test and I very seldom see our ILBs in the backfield this year.