Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, Nov. 6th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

AmishMafia wrote:
06 Nov 2022 15:29
We are screwed. We are paying huge bucks for a below average QB. We have no offensive leadership. Going forward is going to be tough getting out from ARs contract.

Might be the biggest mistake the Packers have ever made.

3. Drafting Tony Mandarich
2. Trade for John Hadel
1. Reworking Rodgers QB and not trading him
There is a good chance AR will retire after this mess. I can understand why we extended him.
I can't think of another team who would trade away a back to back MVP. It is just a shame his play has fallen apart so fast.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
06 Nov 2022 16:02
Will give Rodgers credit for finally saying he played like crap. Too late, but nice to know he can admit it.
He's admitted it before this season.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:29
AmishMafia wrote:
We are screwed. We are paying huge bucks for a below average QB. We have no offensive leadership. Going forward is going to be tough getting out from ARs contract.

2. Trade for John Hadel
There is a good chance AR will retire after this mess. I can understand why we extended him.
I can't think of another team who would trade away a back to back MVP. It is just a shame his play has fallen apart so fast.
It hasn't.

It has been on the decline for 5 or 6 years. It's just easy to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past successes.

There will still be those who will blame the WRs or the game plan or this or that. Anyone being honest will recognize just how poorly he has played. Half of his passes today were poorly thrown. AR of 2010? We would have won by 30 pts.

He knows it too. I think there is a chance he retires mid season and stops embarrassing himself.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

just got back from the game. read some of the posts and figured rodgers would be the scapegoat. Just hope the fans here will realize the problem. Gute and Murph are the sole reason for this debacle. Period. But they arent going anywhere sadly.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

AmishMafia wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:43
Pugger wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:

2. Trade for John Hadel
It hasn't.

It has been on the decline for 5 or 6 years. It's just easy to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past successes.

There will still be those who will blame the WRs or the game plan or this or that. Anyone being honest will recognize just how poorly he has played. Half of his passes today were poorly thrown. AR of 2010? We would have won by 30 pts.

He knows it too. I think there is a chance he retires mid season and stops embarrassing himself.
I am not holding my breath on that

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This was a game that should’ve been won. But we’ve been saying that a lot lately. You just don’t see a game where there are 3 RZ intercepts. But there you go.

We SHOULD have racked 30 points today. We didn’t.

Personally, I’d rather see Watkins get criticized than Rodgers. Two big plays where he went the wrong way. Or was that Rodgers’ fault?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

TheSkeptic wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:49
AmishMafia wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:43
Pugger wrote:

It hasn't.

I am not holding my breath on that
I think Aaron is waiting for Bakh to get that knee healthy. 2 more years and he will be good to go. Patience.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:51
This was a game that should’ve been won. But we’ve been saying that a lot lately. You just don’t see a game where there are 3 RZ intercepts. But there you go.

Personally, I’d rather see Watkins get criticized than Rodgers. Two big plays where he went the wrong way. Or was that Rodgers’ fault?
According to some here everything is Rodgers' fault. The QB gets too much credit when you win and too much blame when you don't.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

The problem with Rodgers is that his confidence is totally gone. Not necessarily his confidence in himself, because mostly I think he blames everyone else before himself, but he has zero confidence that this team can win.

That's a big difference between him and Favre. If Favre didn't have a stellar cast of receivers, he would throw to anyone and everyone in full confidence (often misplaced!) that we could still win. Rodgers doesn't have that confidence; we can see it in his body language, and he has several times publicly said that his receivers aren't good enough.

I think it's time for drastic action. Bench him. We can't do any worse. We will at least get a proper look at Love. We might give the running game a proper go. But above all, we will at least have a chance that the team will go out there with an attitude of "if we do our best we might win " rather than "we aren't going to win ".

And if benching Rodgers persuades him that skipping all the pre-season practices and then complaining he has no chemistry with his receivers is not on, then so much the better.
Last edited by dsr on 06 Nov 2022 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pugger wrote:
AmishMafia wrote:

2. Trade for John Hadel
The packers made the deal with the devil. He will be here again next year. And then we eat dead money either way.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:03
Scott4Pack wrote:

According to some here everything is Rodgers' fault. The QB gets too much credit when you win and too much blame when you don't.
It's the money. When you pay the QB top wages, you expect him (even with a less than stellar cast)to be good enough to score two touchdowns against Detroit. For performances like we had today and for the past few weeks, we could have got a rookie to do the same job with the same results.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

dsr wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:14
The problem with Rodgers is that his confidence is totally gone. Not necessarily his confidence in himself, because mostly I think he blames everyone else before himself, but he has zero confidence that this team can win.

That's a big difference between him and Favre. If Favre didn't have a stellar cast of receivers, he would throw to anyone and everyone in full confidence (often misplaced!) that we could still win. Rodgers doesn't have that confidence; we can see it in his body language, and he has several times publicly said that his receivers aren't good enough.

I think it's time for drastic action. Bench him. We can't do any worse. We will at least get a proper look at Love. We might give the running game a proper go. But above all, we will at least have a chance that the team will go out there with an attitude of "if we do our best we might win " rather than "we aren't going to win ".

And if benching Rodgers persuades him that skipping all the pre-season practices and then complaining he has no chemistry with his receivers, so much the better.
He has zero confidence the team can win. Is he wrong? No QB can do it alone. It looks like Brady is gonna lose today too.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:22
dsr wrote:

And if benching Rodgers persuades him that skipping all the pre-season practices and then complaining he has no chemistry with his receivers, so much the better.
He has zero confidence the team can win. Is he wrong? No QB can do it alone. It looks like Brady is gonna lose today too.
Brady pulled another game out of his tail. Of course he has a better team around him than GB. Can you imagin being the Rams and being 3-5 a year after winning a SB?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

According to some here everything is Rodgers' fault.
No one believes this. Now, today's game, the blame train should stop firmly at his feet with Lafleur the next stop.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:27
Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:22
dsr wrote:

Brady pulled another game out of his tail. Of course he has a better team around him than GB. Can you imagin being the Rams and being 3-5 a year after winning a SB?
Watched the end. Brady made some great passes that were dropped and killed the 2 minute drive. They got the ball back and he made some more great throws and the WRs hung on and scored a TD on a 50+ yard drive.

Rodgers didn't make a great pass all day. Short throws. It doesn't matter who our WRs are. Rodgers can't get them the ball. Bahk was wide open in the end zone and the p ass would have been around his feet if it wasn't picked off. Another pass bounced off a defenders facemask. About 10 yards from the WR targeted. The pass to Tonyan that was picked was 5 yds short. And tonyan, more than anyone, should have chemistry with him.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

The blame for this is the packers not investing in the offense through the draft for over 10 years.

The team has relied on what it had in place and ultimately Rodgers to carry the team.

They needed to have discipline in putting resources into both sides of the ball but ultimately failed.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m not a believer in karma. But if I were, I’d say that Rodgers and the 2022 Packers have some VERY bad juju.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:48
I’m not a believer in karma. But if I were, I’d say that Rodgers and the 2022 Packers have some VERY bad juju.
Packers turnover differential is now -5. Perfect formula for running the table backwards. :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Was pleased with a few players today.

Thought Wyatt and Enegbare played well today. Toure certainly seems intruiging. Kylin Hill definitely still has the ridiculous speed. Offensive line help up well in pass protection.

I'm kind of hoping to see what this team can do with Jordan Love at the helm at some point. #12 just ain't cutting it. Really wished we had made the trade last spring. This is just brutal to watch.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:40
Pugger wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

According to some here everything is Rodgers' fault.
No one believes this. Now, today's game, the blame train should stop firmly at his feet with Lafleur the next stop.
No one? Then why are folks blaming only him and no one else? He wasn't wonderful by any stretch but he wasn't alone screwing up.