Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, Nov. 6th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 19:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:40
Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:03

According to some here everything is Rodgers' fault.
No one believes this. Now, today's game, the blame train should stop firmly at his feet with Lafleur the next stop.
No one? Then why are folks blaming only him and no one else? He wasn't wonderful by any stretch but he wasn't alone screwing up.
23 is not a fan of Aaron. Its been his on going narrative for years. I have the same feeling about Savage.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

No one believes this. Now, today's game, the blame train should stop firmly at his feet with Lafleur the next stop.
No one? Then why are folks blaming only him and no one else? He wasn't wonderful by any stretch but he wasn't alone screwing up.
Wasn't wonderful??!! He was down right poor. He is definitely not the only one getting blame, I even placed blame on LaFleur in my post! Watkins also sucked. Dillon wasn't good. Savage continues to be awful.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 19:44
Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Wasn't wonderful??!! He was down right poor. He is definitely not the only one getting blame, I even placed blame on LaFleur in my post! Watkins also sucked. Dillon wasn't good. Savage continues to be awful.
Just put Gute on the list and u will have the correct answer.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

It's been everyone's fault but #12's for the last 10 years in Packerfan land. I think we all get the point that it's everyone but 12's fault.

But yes. Today #12 was the worst player on the field. That is a rare statement to make but today it was true. Sammy Watkins is probably next but he has a lot less impact on the game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

:violin:

Won't SOMEBODY stick up for the poor all-time-highest-paid player?!?!?

Sure, he may be underperforming at the most consequential position in football and has an attitude problem, but goshdarnit, you gotta put heavy blame on low-paid scrubs too! Whatever happened to FAIRNESS?? :(
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Didn't Jones have like 20 TDs a few years ago? Now he never touches the ball inside the 10. Way to play to your strengths.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
06 Nov 2022 21:08

Sure, he may be underperforming at the most consequential position in football and has an attitude problem, but goshdarnit, you gotta put heavy blame on low-paid scrubs too! Whatever happened to FAIRNESS?? :(
I’ll stick up for him. It ain’t easy being about the 24th best QB in the NFL. Not easy at all.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

yal member the training camp hype about hammy watkins like it was 2016 lmaooo
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Rodgers is underwhelming, sure, but so is every other position on offense except RB.

These WRs are all #4 WRs at best. None of them would have made the 2011 roster except maybe Watson (due to potential) (and obv Cobb was on the 2011 roster, but not 32-year old Cobb, who would not have made that team). Also the line stinks.

Ultimately Rodgers is bad too. I don't think he is as bad as he was in 2015 or 2018 yet, but we still have half a season to play. One thing about today that was refreshing was that normal Bad Aaron sucks by refusing to throw and taking repeated sacks, while going into a shell. Today's Bad Aaron found a new way to suck, which was to throw INTs, which he has pretty much never done before. His accuracy is and has been below average. I think this season is pretty much lost, and a lot of it is Rodgers' fault, but it remains true that he has pulled himself back from stuff like this multiple times in the past and become great again.

It is both true that everyone who assumes that his story is finished (i.e. "the extension has set our franchise back for decades!") is incredibly premature and should get a grip, and also that he has been a big part of the problem this year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Rodgers was absolutely bad today but I just don’t know what he’s supposed to do. The line stinks. They don’t pass block well and they can’t run block against stacked box’s. They can’t pass against stacked box’s because this is the worst group of receivers and NFL team has ever put in the field.

I will say this. I remember how stupid everyone looked saying Rodgers was done after 2018 when he was playing on some talentless rosters. This one is even more talentless than that one. It’s a poorly constructed mess.

I really don’t want to hear the cap space excuse. The Chiefs still support Mahomes with talent.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Labrev wrote:
06 Nov 2022 21:08

Might be time to lose the Gary Stat tracker thingie. Just sayin.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 21:13
yal member the training camp hype about hammy watkins like it was 2016 lmaooo
The only one who hyped him up was Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 16:11
This really sucks, we pretty much beat them in every single metric other than turnovers and points. Should have won.

Really wanted to scrape out a few W’s and see if we couldn’t build some confidence and chemistry.
We didn't deserve to win. They made the plays and we didn't.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Realist wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:19
Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 17:29
AmishMafia wrote:
06 Nov 2022 15:29
We are screwed. We are paying huge bucks for a below average QB. We have no offensive leadership. Going forward is going to be tough getting out from ARs contract.

Might be the biggest mistake the Packers have ever made.

3. Drafting Tony Mandarich
2. Trade for John Hadel
1. Reworking Rodgers QB and not trading him
There is a good chance AR will retire after this mess. I can understand why we extended him.
I can't think of another team who would trade away a back to back MVP. It is just a shame his play has fallen apart so fast.
The packers made the deal with the devil. He will be here again next year. And then we eat dead money either way.
I have a gut feeling he's gonna retire after this season. And I wouldn't blame him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
This really sucks, we pretty much beat them in every single metric other than turnovers and points. Should have won.

Really wanted to scrape out a few W’s and see if we couldn’t build some confidence and chemistry.
If you don’t beat a team in the metric of points, you shouldn’t win.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I have been as critical as anyone. But the D is not getting turnovers and the Oline is not opening running lanes and giving him enough time. Still, holding Detroit to 15 points was a great effort, Tom looks like a steal in the draft, Myers is playing like an all pro and when he can play, Bakh still is a very good LT. 50% AR's fault, 30% Oline, 10% WR's and 10% D.

No matter how well the rest of the team plays, the Packers cannot win a playoff game with AR at QB.

IT IS TIME to find out what Love has and if he has nothing then the Packers will go into the draft with a 4-13 record and might get their next QB. That is better than a 6-11 record with AR which is about the best we can expect. Bench him and tell him to be quiet about it.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Worst part: the torture will continue bc it is still a legit race for the last WC spot. But we all know this team stinks and will be one and done in a Playoff game. This is not a team that has 6 gears and is momentarily stuck in 2nd like in 2010 or when they did „run the table“. MM will certainly licking his chops.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Nov 2022 21:43
Rodgers was absolutely bad today but I just don’t know what he’s supposed to do.
One thing he could do is throw accurate passes. How many were broken up because the pass, while aimed towards the receiver, were just the wrong side of him where the defender could reach it? Throw it a couple of feet further forward and the pass will be complete. That's why he gets MVP wages, because he should be able to lead his receiver rather than just put it there or thereabouts.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
07 Nov 2022 03:02
Worst part: the torture will continue bc it is still a legit race for the last WC spot. But we all know this team stinks and will be one and done in a Playoff game. This is not a team that has 6 gears and is momentarily stuck in 2nd like in 2010 or when they did „run the table“. MM will certainly licking his chops.
We will be eliminated from the playoffs if we lose vs Dallas and Philly. We will have lost all tie breakers and just be too far back of the NFC East.

The official playoff elimination may still have to wait until December even with losing to DAL and PHI. But top 10 pick would be more likely than playofs.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 23:40
BF004 wrote:

If you don’t beat a team in the metric of points, you shouldn’t win.
Hate myself for even responding to lunacy, but no, if you lose in points, you don’t win. Many examples, even in recent packer lore, where teams that should win, played better, do not win.