Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, Nov. 6th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Nov 2022 02:30
Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 19:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 18:40

No one believes this. Now, today's game, the blame train should stop firmly at his feet with Lafleur the next stop.
No one? Then why are folks blaming only him and no one else? He wasn't wonderful by any stretch but he wasn't alone screwing up.
I have been as critical as anyone. But the D is not getting turnovers and the Oline is not opening running lanes and giving him enough time. Still, holding Detroit to 15 points was a great effort, Tom looks like a steal in the draft, Myers is playing like an all pro and when he can play, Bakh still is a very good LT. 50% AR's fault, 30% Oline, 10% WR's and 10% D.

No matter how well the rest of the team plays, the Packers cannot win a playoff game with AR at QB.

IT IS TIME to find out what Love has and if he has nothing then the Packers will go into the draft with a 4-13 record and might get their next QB. That is better than a 6-11 record with AR which is about the best we can expect. Bench him and tell him to be quiet about it.
Yes Yes Yes .......... IT IS TIME!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 06:59
Drj820 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 23:40
BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 16:11
This really sucks, we pretty much beat them in every single metric other than turnovers and points. Should have won.

Really wanted to scrape out a few W’s and see if we couldn’t build some confidence and chemistry.
If you don’t beat a team in the metric of points, you shouldn’t win.
Hate myself for even responding to lunacy, but no, if you lose in points, you don’t win. Many examples, even in recent packer lore, where teams that should win, played better, do not win.
Yeah. You shouldn't have responded. I want to keep your conversation going though. Listen to this.

Packers offense had the following setup:

1st and goal from Lions 5
1st and goal rom Lions 1
1st and 10 from Lions 23
1st and 10 from Lions 14
1st and 10 from Lions 17

3 total points.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

dsr wrote:
07 Nov 2022 03:48
lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Nov 2022 21:43
Rodgers was absolutely bad today but I just don’t know what he’s supposed to do.
One thing he could do is throw accurate passes. How many were broken up because the pass, while aimed towards the receiver, were just the wrong side of him where the defender could reach it? Throw it a couple of feet further forward and the pass will be complete. That's why he gets MVP wages, because he should be able to lead his receiver rather than just put it there or thereabouts.
This offensive degradation started when the Packers were on the 8 yard line in the north endzone versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC Championship Game. The #12 led offense was unable to gain 1 inch on 4 plays from the 8 yard line. Lost the NFC Championship Game because of it, and never really fully rebounded the following 1.5 seasons.

Like Mike McCarthy once said "It's hard to win in this league". And Mike McCarthy has a street named for him in Green Bay.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:08
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 23:40

If you don’t beat a team in the metric of points, you shouldn’t win.
Hate myself for even responding to lunacy, but no, if you lose in points, you don’t win. Many examples, even in recent packer lore, where teams that should win, played better, do not win.
Yeah. You shouldn't have responded. I want to keep your conversation going though. Listen to this.

1st and goal rom Lions 1
1st and 10 from Lions 23
1st and 10 from Lions 14
1st and 10 from Lions 17

3 total points.
Sadly, it's becoming vintage Aaron Rodgers. Oh, and McCoach's decision not to kick the gimme field goal in the first half shall not be brushed under the rug. It's been a team effort. The last time the Packers won ............ the Brewers lost to the Marlins in extra innings (deflating Milwaukee’s playoff hopes in the race for the final National League wild-card spot).

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

The execution on interception #1 was bad! The biggest issue was the play, especially factoring in the down and distance! I have lost confidence in ML's leadership and decision making. This team gets punched in the face, and instead of fighting back, they look stunned, with no response.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Nov 2022 15:59
AR has played poorly this year. Where did his accuracy go? But Gute's bad drafting decisions since he was named GM are the single biggest issue right now. Those 1-4 round pucks since 2018 should be the core of the team right now but most are no longer with the team even.
I never understood why Murphy waited so long to force Ted to step down, or why as soon as he did he made Rodgers the richest player ever with a new contract when he still had two years left on the old one, then gave McCarthy a 1 year lame duck one, seems like a attempt keep those two together after demoting Ted and firing Capers, guess he didn't want a full house cleaning.

hind sight is 20/20 but Rodgers was under contract for 2 more seasons no matter what we did, Murphy should have waited to see how things would work out in 2018 prior to that contract for Rodgers, never understood the rush to make Rodgers the richest football player.

there where people here all giddy about having the richest player in the league, never under stood that either, like it's some sort of status symbol :thwap:

what Murphy did giving Rodgers that contract prior to hiring Guty, created a power struggle, Rodgers, I'd imagine McCarthy too, wanted offensive talent brought in, Guty waited till the mid rounds to draft 3 very raw receivers, next year he drafts Rodgers replacement, and it's become a power struggle ever since.

Injury's and a lack of receiver talent is what separates the 2022 team from the 3 prior years, Guty waited to long to start rebuilding the WR position, and everyone knows this, yet here we are with people laying all the blame on Rodgers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:18
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

1st and goal rom Lions 1
1st and 10 from Lions 23
1st and 10 from Lions 14
1st and 10 from Lions 17

3 total points.
Sadly, it's becoming vintage Aaron Rodgers. Oh, and McCoach's decision not to kick the gimme field goal in the first half shall not be brushed under the rug. It's been a team effort. The last time the Packers won ............ the Brewers lost to the Marlins in extra innings (deflating Milwaukee’s playoff hopes in the race for the final National League wild-card spot).
Not taking the points in the first half when your offense sucks was beyond aggregious
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

flapackfan wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:32
The execution on interception #1 was bad! The biggest issue was the play, especially factoring in the down and distance! I have lost confidence in ML's leadership and decision making. This team gets punched in the face, and instead of fighting back, they look stunned, with no response.
Rodgers was upset after that play, does anyone understand why? we are talking about the throw down the center ally right? the one that bounced off the DT's helmet, that was the only space the ball had a chance to be completed, if memory serves Runyan or Myers failed to keep that passing lane open, that is there job on a quick cross route, Rodgers can't just lob the ball or that stands a chance to be picked, thats how this stuff is coached up, people don't have to have a reason to blame Rodgers, but I don't think blaming him for this one is valid.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:39
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

1st and goal rom Lions 1
1st and 10 from Lions 23
1st and 10 from Lions 14
1st and 10 from Lions 17

3 total points.
Not taking the points in the first half when your offense sucks was beyond aggregious
the goal is to create some confidence, it failed, I'd have went for it too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:51
Drj820 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Yeah, I wanted to go too. LIS at the time, its 3-5 vs 1-6, just $%@# go for it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

create confidence by playing with a lead

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 08:01
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

what was there to lose, success there could build some confidence, something this team needed.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:49
flapackfan wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:32
Rodgers was upset after that play, does anyone understand why? we are talking about the throw down the center ally right? the one that bounced off the DT's helmet, that was the only space the ball had a chance to be completed, if memory serves Runyan or Myers failed to keep that passing lane open, that is there job on a quick cross route, Rodgers can't just lob the ball or that stands a chance to be picked, thats how this stuff is coached up, people don't have to have a reason to blame Rodgers, but I don't think blaming him for this one is valid.
The pass should not have been attempted if it's going to hit an opposing player in the head. Whether the player should have been there or not.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2022 09:21
BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 08:01
Yoop wrote:

what was there to lose, success there could build some confidence, something this team needed.
all there was to lose was the game

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:38
wallyuwl wrote:
AR has played poorly this year. Where did his accuracy go? But Gute's bad drafting decisions since he was named GM are the single biggest issue right now. Those 1-4 round pucks since 2018 should be the core of the team right now but most are no longer with the team even.
I never understood why Murphy waited so long to force Ted to step down, or why as soon as he did he made Rodgers the richest player ever with a new contract when he still had two years left on the old one, then gave McCarthy a 1 year lame duck one, seems like a attempt keep those two together after demoting Ted and firing Capers, guess he didn't want a full house cleaning.

hind sight is 20/20 but Rodgers was under contract for 2 more seasons no matter what we did, Murphy should have waited to see how things would work out in 2018 prior to that contract for Rodgers, never understood the rush to make Rodgers the richest football player.

there where people here all giddy about having the richest player in the league, never under stood that either, like it's some sort of status symbol :thwap:

what Murphy did giving Rodgers that contract prior to hiring Guty, created a power struggle, Rodgers, I'd imagine McCarthy too, wanted offensive talent brought in, Guty waited till the mid rounds to draft 3 very raw receivers, next year he drafts Rodgers replacement, and it's become a power struggle ever since.

Injury's and a lack of receiver talent is what separates the 2022 team from the 3 prior years, Guty waited to long to start rebuilding the WR position, and everyone knows this, yet here we are with people laying all the blame on Rodgers.
I don't even think most of the blame should go on Rodgers. He took the contract that would result in him getting paid as much money as possible at the time. Just like 99% of other people in the workforce do every time they take a position. I'm not going to blame him for that. I'm going to blame the guy who offered him the contract, knowing (or not???) how starved for talent this offense was, going into the season. You and Wally had it right. And Lupe. Just terrible drafting and decision making by BG. He should be fired for the way he's handled this.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Captain_Ben wrote:
07 Nov 2022 10:15
I don't even think most of the blame should go on Rodgers. He took the contract that would result in him getting paid as much money as possible at the time. Just like 99% of other people in the workforce do every time they take a position. I'm not going to blame him for that. I'm going to blame the guy who offered him the contract, knowing (or not???) how starved for talent this offense was, going into the season. You and Wally had it right. And Lupe. Just terrible drafting and decision making by BG. He should be fired for the way he's handled this.
But having taken the money, he should at least have been willing to work for it. Blowing off all the pre-season workouts and then complaining that his rookies don't know what to do? Doesn't he think it might help with team chemistry as well as specific QB-receiver chemistry, if the supposed team leader had turned up to lead the team?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Captain_Ben wrote:
07 Nov 2022 10:15
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:38
wallyuwl wrote:

I will view Aaron's legacy, which he touts as very important to him, to be tarnished because it isn't all about rings for him (not even close)

But I too am in absolute agreement that BG should be held accountable for the terrible position he has the team now in because of poor relationship handling with Rodgers and the poor roster decisions in 2022. The risk if he traded Rodgers away was Rodgers is an MVP in Denver and Love sucks. That is a lose-lose situation for us. But the lose-lose on the other side is what we are currently living right now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers is just playing like an old man that doesn’t trust his OL that doesn’t wanna get hit. He’s jumpy. Spooked. Happens to the best of em. Yes he’s overpaid and playing poorly, but it’s kind of understandable.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2022 22:00
Drj820 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 21:13
yal member the training camp hype about hammy watkins like it was 2016 lmaooo
The only one who hyped him up was Rodgers.
Proving once again that Rodgers would make a horrible scout/GM
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This play makes me want to vomit. How does Rodgers not throw this?!
RIP JustJeff