Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 09:23
BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 07:19
In every conversation, but always the bridesmaid.

Could have always, you know, used a 2019,2020 or 2021 pick on a WR for 2022 rather than a 2023 or 2024 pick.
At least Gute was trying. Like I always say - it takes two GMs to tango. We can talk to everyone all day but if the other guy takes another deal what can you do?
It’s too late to try. The time to try was 2 years ago when he should have known the 2018 draft class of 3 WRs all failed to develop.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Torn ACL for Rashaan Gary. Time to throw in the towel and and see what we have in some of the young guys including Jordan Love.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:42
F
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

After the losses to Dallas and Philly it will absolutely be time to part ways or bench with all aging out vets. It will be time to start Love, all the Rookie receivers and play hill more at RB. We need to prepare these guys for next year, see what we have, and get into good draft position.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 07:49
After the losses to Dallas and Philly it will absolutely be time to part ways or bench with all aging out vets. It will be time to start Love, all the Rookie receivers and play hill more at RB. We need to prepare these guys for next year, see what we have, and get into good draft position.
Yeah I would almost rather making the switch at QB sooner than later. I wish we could still trade Rodgers this offseason but I don't think any team will take that contract.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly this is the season for these types of injuries to happen. Hoping for a speedy and effective recovery for Rashan. Hopefully we don't have too many more of these really long term injuries.

It's the injuries that leak into the offseason and Training Camp that you hate to see.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Amari Rodgers only guy week in and week out who’s been there healthy. :lol:

Like his 5th sink or swim moment for him. But he’s gunna be in line for snaps.

Still kind of surprised they never signed Winfree yet. They burned all 3 of his elevations like first 4 weeks, now we really need him and we can’t have him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 11:56

Still kind of surprised they never signed Winfree yet. They burned all 3 of his elevations like first 4 weeks, now we really need him and we can’t have him.
They might now that Doubs is slated to go on IR.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

ive heard it said that when it rains it pours, well it poured yesterday in detroit.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 11:58
BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2022 11:56

They might now that Doubs is slated to go on IR.
I'd rather they bring up Kawaan Baker. No idea who he is, but we already know what Fulgham and Winfree can provide a team, which isn't much. Time to go out and get some new WR faces for the practice squad.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This isn't news and I didn't feel like putting it anywhere else. But these are some of the things I want to see the Packers do the rest of the season. Yes I know some of these may be unrealistic, but its what I want.

*QB - Let Rodgers play the Cowboys and Titans. If some garbage time cleanup is needed, put Love in. I expect it will be need in Philly, let Love play the 4th quarter. Let Love start against the Bears and through the end of the season. That gives him 5 games to show us what he has.

RB - Give Jones a rest for a game and start Kylin Hill against the Cowboys. It can give Dillon a little breather too. Get Kylin more involved in the games going forward. Whether thats returns or whatever.

FB/TE - Get Deguara and Tyler Davis more involved. Deguara has been showing good things and deseves it. They are both 3 years in, see what they've got.

WR - Dump/bench Amari and Sammy. They aren't it. There's not really any reason to give them more playing time. Get rid of Winfree and Fulgham from the PS and bring in some new blood. Pick a couple of guys to replace Watson and Doubs (put both of them on IR) for a few weeks and see if they can offer anything. Now is the time to review some new faces. Lazard, Cobb (if he comes back in a week), and Toure can take up most of the targets along with TE's and RBs.

OL - Sit Bakh for a couple of weeks and give him a real breather. Start Tom at LT and get a sense that he's your future there. Keep the rest of the line as is (Tom, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman). Though wouldn't mind seeing Rasheed Walker get some time at RT.

DL - Bench/Cut Lowry & Reed and reduce Clark's snaps. Get Wyatt, Slaton, Slayton, Ford, and Heflin more snaps.
LB/Edge - don't really have suggestions here.
DB - Bench Savage and play Ford and Carpenter more. Stokes to IR, let Jaire follow the best receiver and have Rasul and Nixon be #2 and 3. I'd like to see Jean-Charles in nickel slot more often too once healthy.

Yes, I want more of a preseason atmosphere. Time to give the younger guys and guys the time to see what they can really do in real games and see if they are worth keeping.

The vets who aren't doing much can sit or get cut. Unless they are guaranteed a spot on the team next year (Campbell/Preston).
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I'd actually keep Amari through the season just because everyone else is so injury prone. (Who knows, maybe Toure will stay healthy?) :hide:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2022 13:37
This isn't news and I didn't feel like putting it anywhere else. But these are some of the things I want to see the Packers do the rest of the season. Yes I know some of these may be unrealistic, but its what I want.

*QB - Let Rodgers play the Cowboys and Titans. If some garbage time cleanup is needed, put Love in. I expect it will be need in Philly, let Love play the 4th quarter. Let Love start against the Bears and through the end of the season. That gives him 5 games to show us what he has.

RB - Give Jones a rest for a game and start Kylin Hill against the Cowboys. It can give Dillon a little breather too. Get Kylin more involved in the games going forward. Whether thats returns or whatever.

FB/TE - Get Deguara and Tyler Davis more involved. Deguara has been showing good things and deseves it. They are both 3 years in, see what they've got.

WR - Dump/bench Amari and Sammy. They aren't it. There's not really any reason to give them more playing time. Get rid of Winfree and Fulgham from the PS and bring in some new blood. Pick a couple of guys to replace Watson and Doubs (put both of them on IR) for a few weeks and see if they can offer anything. Now is the time to review some new faces. Lazard, Cobb (if he comes back in a week), and Toure can take up most of the targets along with TE's and RBs.

OL - Sit Bakh for a couple of weeks and give him a real breather. Start Tom at LT and get a sense that he's your future there. Keep the rest of the line as is (Tom, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman). Though wouldn't mind seeing Rasheed Walker get some time at RT.

DL - Bench/Cut Lowry & Reed and reduce Clark's snaps. Get Wyatt, Slaton, Slayton, Ford, and Heflin more snaps.
DB - Bench Savage and play Ford and Carpenter more. Stokes to IR, let Jaire follow the best receiver and have Rasul and Nixon be #2 and 3. I'd like to see Jean-Charles in nickel slot more often too once healthy.

Yes, I want more of a preseason atmosphere. Time to give the younger guys and guys the time to see what they can really do in real games and see if they are worth keeping.

The vets who aren't doing much can sit or get cut. Unless they are guaranteed a spot on the team next year (Campbell/Preston).
I doubt any of these moves will be implemented until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Damn it. Just looks like a routine play.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:01
Damn it. Just looks like a routine play.

He'll probably end up right in that time frame where he might be like 50/50 to start week 1, or as is the norm with GB, begin the year on the PUP.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
07 Nov 2022 13:59
paco wrote:
07 Nov 2022 13:37

I doubt any of these moves will be implemented until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
I doubt most of them are done at all. But agree any hope will be once that happens.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Can we hire Frank Reich as a consultant to the offense? And then if our OC gets fired, Reich could step in.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!