Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Scott4Pack wrote:
07 Nov 2022 14:47
Can we hire Frank Reich as a consultant to the offense? And then if our OC gets fired, Reich could step in.
:-)
Heh, I had this thought as well.

*Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Reich is from the Coryell system which uses numbers, whereas LaFleur runs the West Coast system which uses words.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ouch.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

On Speak! tv show they are dissing the front office kinda bad.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Nov 2022 16:14
On Speak! tv show they are dissing the front office kinda bad.
everyone is, and the disfunction starts 5 years ago, things went fine ( well if ya count 2 DC's fired, a turnover at OC, QB coach, Rodgers threatened hold out the day of 2020 draft, fine, winning covers a lot of disfunctional stuff, eventually though stuff goes wrong, and it's exposed.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2022 08:36

I think you have to wait until December to do this. But I sure hope it happens at some point.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2022 08:36

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

who are those guys? oh ya, practice squad players :rotf: :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That's the most encouraging thing I have seen or heard from this team in months.

Our new mantra: After years of heartbreak, I am ready for Love! :heart: :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2022 09:07
That's All-Pro LBer De'Vondre Campbell.

:|
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

While the GM is starting to get some heat in Packer land, its not nearly enough. He just signed an extension due to Rodgers MVP play, but he should be a candidate for getting canned.

Drafting Love, not trading Love, paying the current QB 50m, restructuring his deal again out of desperation, drafting for the future instead of now while you have the top QB, giving the QB old men, busts, and rookies, giving savage his 5th year option, resigning Bakh to a third deal, mismanaging adams (delaying talking to him about a deal until Rodgers situation got settled, mediocre at best drafts, drafting Dillon when you have Jones and also a Kylin Hill late.

Guys, this guy is awful. This guy would have been gone in two years without Rodgers and he knows that and thats why he and Lafleur bent the knee to 12 to the point of organization destruction every step of the way.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
08 Nov 2022 09:09
Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2022 09:07
That's All-Pro LBer De'Vondre Campbell.

:|
is that what he looks like without a helmet? :thwap: :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 09:16
While the GM is starting to get some heat in Packer land, its not nearly enough. He just signed an extension due to Rodgers MVP play, but he should be a candidate for getting canned.

Drafting Love, not trading Love, paying the current QB 50m, restructuring his deal again out of desperation, drafting for the future instead of now while you have the top QB, giving the QB old men, busts, and rookies, giving savage his 5th year option, resigning Bakh to a third deal, mismanaging adams (delaying talking to him about a deal until Rodgers situation got settled, mediocre at best drafts, drafting Dillon when you have Jones and also a Kylin Hill late.

Guys, this guy is awful. This guy would have been gone in two years without Rodgers and he knows that and thats why he and Lafleur bent the knee to 12 to the point of organization destruction every step of the way.
Guty does not do contracts, I agree about most of your comment, but Murphy and Russ Ball do contracts, in fact both Lafluer and Gutekunst report and have to get permission to do anything from Mark Murphy, thats how dysfunctional this has become, unless this has changed from 2017, maybe it has, but I havn't heard that it actually has reverted back to the GM (Guty) being in charge of all football related issues.
If not, imo it becomes dis jointed, to many cooks in the kitchen.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2022 09:32
Drj820 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 09:16

Guty does not do contracts, I agree about most of your comment, but Murphy and Russ Ball do contracts, in fact both Lafluer and Gutekunst report and have to get permission to do anything from Mark Murphy, thats how dysfunctional this has become, unless this has changed from 2017, maybe it has, but I havn't heard that it actually has reverted back to the GM (Guty) being in charge of all football related issues.
If not, imo it becomes dis jointed, to many cooks in the kitchen.
i believe russ ball works the numbers of the contracts, but that Gutey will tell them who we should resign and who we should let walk. In other words, Gutey tells them who to get to work on the numbers for. If Gutey doesnt do this, hes not really a GM.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Breaking news, Rodgers has no idea on NFL trades work. He thought you could still trade for guys after the deadline.

Must be watching too much baseball.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 11:31
hes not really a GM.
who do you think extended Rodgers? Guty would have cut ties with Rodgers as soon as he became GM, problem is Murphy just gave him a new contract, Guty has no say when it comes to Rodgers, and probably not much more then that concerning other players contracts, he's a scout, he gets to do the draft, imo Guty being the GM is mostly in title only, I'am sure Murphy listens to him, but imo Murphy and Russ Ball run this team

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2022 13:45
Breaking news, Rodgers has no idea on NFL trades work. He thought you could still trade for guys after the deadline.

Must be watching too much baseball.
I think he's acting dumb, he's known to say stupid things, like Favre not knowing what Nickel defense was, QB's that been doing this stuff for years are just not that stupid.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

5th worst QB from a clean pocket.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2022 14:00
Drj820 wrote:
hes not really a GM.
who do you think extended Rodgers? Guty would have cut ties with Rodgers as soon as he became GM, problem is Murphy just gave him a new contract, Guty has no say when it comes to Rodgers, and probably not much more then that concerning other players contracts, he's a scout, he gets to do the draft, imo Guty being the GM is mostly in title only, I'am sure Murphy listens to him, but imo Murphy and Russ Ball run this team
I don’t think gutey would have moved on from rodgers as soon as he could because he begged him back and got an extension out of his quality play

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 14:05
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
hes not really a GM.
I don’t think gutey would have moved on from rodgers as soon as he could because he begged him back and got an extension out of his quality play
my point was, would Rodgers have been resigned after the 2018 season if it was up to Gutekunst? Murphy gave him the huge contract before awarding Brian the GM job, again, Guty had no choice but to extend him, we where already going to be paying dead money, and he just had a MVP season, Guty, Murphy and everyone involved would have been run out of town if they'd have dumped him, this team was built to excel this year, except at WR.

what we are seeing now is how players play when hope is gone, they take plays off, give less then 100% effort, it doesn't take much for everything to look bad.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2022 14:37
Drj820 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 14:05
Yoop wrote:

my point was, would Rodgers have been resigned after the 2018 season if it was up to Gutekunst? Murphy gave him the huge contract before awarding Brian the GM job, again, Guty had no choice but to extend him, we where already going to be paying dead money, and he just had a MVP season, Guty, Murphy and everyone involved would have been run out of town if they'd have dumped him, this team was built to excel this year, except at WR.

what we are seeing now is how players play when hope is gone, they take plays off, give less then 100% effort, it doesn't take much for everything to look bad.
Would Rodgers have been resigned after the 2018 season? Yes.