Cowboys @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 13th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Finally my schedule enabled me to watch an almost full game... Helluva close battle. Loved it.

After last week's debacle, it was nice to have fun with football for a change...

Funnily both our Aarons and both our Rodgerses fumbled, so there's potential for fun confusion: "Rodgers' fumble was costly" "Which one's?" "Aarons!" "Which Aarons?" "Yes!" :lol:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Cant remember a game I enjoyed more. Felt like a playoff game.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yeah, like a playoff atmosphere. An unlikely win over a rival.

I seriously think the Packers grew up a lot today. Something we’ve been waiting for. I don’t know if we can still overcome injuries. There’ve been so many. But they scratched and clawed out a win. And now they have a weapon at WR they haven’t had all year.

Game ball for Watson, definitely. He made the difference. And Aaron Rodgers threw some good passes!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Nov 2022 19:15

I seriously think the Packers grew up a lot today. Something we’ve been waiting for. I don’t know if we can still overcome injuries. There’ve been so many. But they scratched and clawed out a win. And now they have a weapon at WR they haven’t had all year.

Game ball for Watson, definitely. He made the difference. And Aaron Rodgers threw some good passes!
Were there any injuries today?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
13 Nov 2022 19:21
Scott4Pack wrote:

Maybe Aaron Rodgers’ thumb got worse. But that didn’t seem to get in the way.
:-)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Not what I expected today. We are now in a spot where our backs are against the wall.

Was by far the most fun and energized I have seen the team all year. I gotta get back on the bandwagon now. It's too hard to not root for guys like Rudy Ford, Isaiah McDuffie and Christian Watson.

Rodgers was having a lot of fun too. Let's go get them Titans!!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Right when we a had a big jump in 2023 draft slot position secured, the Packers had to go and mature before our eyes and claw their way to a win against a conference power. On national television, no less.

And I loved every minute of it!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Nov 2022 18:58
Hammy Watkins had 3, one-two-three, catches. Never saw that coming!
Man, I watched him a lot, he is bad. Don’t get Aaron’s obsession.

Press coverage all day with no safety help, zero respect, zero separation. Dallas was begging Aaron to look his way.

Watson is damn quick off the line, Lazard looks like he’s running in sand too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
13 Nov 2022 19:57
Right when we a had a big jump in 2023 draft slot position secured, the Packers had to go and mature before our eyes and claw their way to a win against a conference power. On national television, no less.

1 game out of wild card with 7 to go.

I’ll be there for it till it’s gone.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
13 Nov 2022 20:05
APB wrote:
13 Nov 2022 19:57

1 game out of wild card with 7 to go.

I’ll be there for it till it’s gone.
If they play with the energy they did today, they can beat anybody in the NFC. Too bad Rashan won't be there.

But it sucks this team couldn't bring this energy 4 weeks ago.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
13 Nov 2022 20:01
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Nov 2022 18:58
Hammy Watkins had 3, one-two-three, catches. Never saw that coming!
Man, I watched him a lot, he is bad. Don’t get Aaron’s obsession.

Press coverage all day with no safety help, zero respect, zero separation. Dallas was begging Aaron to look his way.

Watson is damn quick off the line, Lazard looks like he’s running in sand too.
On top off that, I thought Aaron was special today. Maybe a bad throw or two, but he was really really good.

On that fumble he had, had Watkins in single press coverage on 3rd and long, surely right read to look at him. Sammy maybe got 5 yards downfield in about 2 seconds and just got destroyed on press.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also not sure what you could see on TV.

But it seemed like Jaire and Rasul outside, savage in slot, ford and Amos deep, seemingly every play.

Seems like packers did play more man and more aggressive, but Dallas kept finding a way to get savage on Lamb and he couldn’t handle it at all, he isn’t good. Ford is a better player right now, not really close. Definitely more confident.

Right before his 2nd int, he had an amazing crash up tackle, from deep safety, maybe 2 yards? Probably 10-15 yards easy if he missed that. He was playing really fast all day.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
13 Nov 2022 20:23
Also not sure what you could see on TV.

But it seemed like Jaire and Rasul outside, savage in slot, ford and Amos deep, seemingly every play.

Seems like packers did play more man and more aggressive, but Dallas kept finding a way to get savage on Lamb and he couldn’t handle it at all, he isn’t good. Ford is a better player right now, not really close. Definitely more confident.

Right before his 2nd int, he had an amazing crash up tackle, from deep safety, maybe 2 yards? Probably 10-15 yards easy if he missed that. He was playing really fast all day.
Ford should definitely see more snaps at this point.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Few things I noticed.

1. Aaron Rodgers had his mojo today. Really the first game all year he had the mojo. He was having fun. If Rodgers plays like this with this swag....we can do things this year.

2. Christian Watson might just be the fastest Green Bay Packer we have ever had. That dude is a freaking weapon. He is so very raw but man his potential is insane. His speed is so fast he nearly ran under the deep ball from Rodgers that he didn't even know was going his way. He is that fast.

3. Aaron Jones is such a special player.

4. Rudy Ford needs to be our starting safety. He certainly can't be worse in pass coverage than Savage (he is damaged goods) and more importantly, the dude is not afraid of contact.

5. Quay Walker and Isaiah McDuffie were fun to watch. Walker is getting better and better.

Get Watkins and Rodgers off the field. Get Toure and Cobb on the field. This offense with Lazard, Watson, Doubs, Cobb could do stuff.
Yoop wrote:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
13 Nov 2022 19:21
Scott4Pack wrote:

Wyatt?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My favvorite quote today:

"We're not dead yet."
--Aaron Rodgers
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Nov 2022 18:43
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Nov 2022 18:41
lulu wrote:
13 Nov 2022 18:37

But he's supposed to run MLF scheme, right???
I'm supposed to believe that was the one time where he couldn't audible?
He tells mcafee every week he has total control in the 2 minute
So, Rodgers gets pissed at MLF and has words because...Rodgers didn't check to a run.

Hardly.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I highly suggest going to packers.com and watching AR's post game presser. Will answer a lot of questions.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Cowboys (6-3) blew a 14-point lead heading into the fourth quarter for the first time in franchise history. They entered Sunday with a 195-0 record in such games, including playoffs.
#historic

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
13 Nov 2022 21:34
I highly suggest going to packers.com and watching AR's post game presser. Will answer a lot of questions.
Speaking of questions, was curious what you thought of the “bust” Watson today?