Here's Johnny!! (Return of the Mac) Wk10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Watson
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

My vote goes to C. Watson. Today was his coming out party. He showed us all why Gute moved up to draft him.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

It's elementary...Watson is the choice!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Damn. I forgot to choose a player this week. Kinda hard to win this thing when you don’t choose anybody. :oops:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Watson, absolutely
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Watson.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

No Brainer. Watson. But a special shout out to Ford and McDuffie.

Caveat. I only listened to half the game on the radio.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Had someone taken Ford I would have gone there as the bigger longshot but Watson ran away with it!
Watson!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If I had actually thought about who to pick, I would gone with Ford. But Savage was the first that came to mind. Though there is an arguement that moving Savage to the slot opened up Ford to have that great game. Then that gave confidence to the whole team including Rodgers and Watson. So really, Savage is the winner here. :lol: Jokes aside, Savage was waaaaay better playing that nickel spot. Even Jaire said it was his fault on the one Lamb TD.

But obviously, Watson deserves the vote here.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Watson is fun to watch, more so when he catches the ball, hope this is just the beginning for another great Packer receiver, now if Doubs and Cobb could just get healthy, and Lazard doesn't trip over his own feet maybe we can finish this season on a high note.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I actually think Rodgers has an argument for this one. He has looked terrible for weeks, not simply because the rest of the O "made him look" bad. There's a big difference between when Watson dropped passes that hit him in the hands/numbers versus plays where Doubs 'dropped' a pass that was thrown at his feet (e.g. Commanders game) and 'shoulda' caught it.

I think he had a better game than Watson, who still had a lot of ugly drops. You can persuasively argue the plays he did make made up for them; I would agree, but Rodgers had a better all-around game and no less exceeded expectations for me at least.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2022 08:20
I actually think Rodgers has an argument for this one. He has looked terrible for weeks, not simply because the rest of the O "made him look" bad. There's a big difference between when Watson dropped passes that hit him in the hands/numbers versus plays where Doubs 'dropped' a pass that was thrown at his feet (e.g. Commanders game) and 'shoulda' caught it.

I think he had a better game than Watson, who still had a lot of ugly drops. You can persuasively argue the plays he did make made up for them; I would agree, but Rodgers had a better all-around game and no less exceeded expectations for me at least.
I actually too thought Aaron Rogers and Rudy Ford were front runners in my mind; for the exception that not voting for a rookie in a 3 TD game would be ludicrous.

But no question this is the best Aaron Rodgers game we have seen in at least 11 months.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Only Sterling Sharpe and Don Hutson have had more TD receptions in a game.

https://stathead.com/tiny/UsqYt
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I think Ford was the bigger long shot. But since no one took Ford, Watson gets my vote too.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2022 08:53
Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2022 08:20

I actually too thought Aaron Rogers and Rudy Ford were front runners in my mind; for the exception that not voting for a rookie in a 3 TD game would be ludicrous.

But no question this is the best Aaron Rodgers game we have seen in at least 11 months.
funny how when receivers catch passes Rodgers is credited with having a good game.

Aaron Jones ranks right with Ford and Rodgers, 24 touches for 135 yrds.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Aaron Rodgers had a good game. He was decisive and accurate. It was a joy to watch.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 09:48
Aaron Rodgers had a good game. He was decisive and accurate. It was a joy to watch.
amassing, Rodgers is indecisive when receivers drop passes, run wrong routes, and the OL blocking sucks, then in the 10th game of the season when receivers catch passes and the line blocks better, Rodgers become decisive and accurate, it was a joy for me to see receivers finally catching the ball

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sigh...

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:11
then in the 10th game of the season when receivers catch passes and the line blocks better, Rodgers become decisive and accurate, it was a joy for me to see receivers finally catching the ball
Yes, Rodgers was decisive/accurate last night. No, he was not in the previous losses other than maybe Buffalo.

The fact that Rodgers played well yesterday does not retroactively make his previous games good.

Watson dropping passes thrown at his chest/hands is on him. Doubs 'dropping' a ball thrown at his feet is on Aaron.

Also, Watson still dropped a lot of balls, three ugly drops before he final hit a homerun, and one after that. The difference is Rodgers, the guy who said we need to "cut reps" of guys who screw up, went against his own "cut reps" idea and didn't give up on him after one of those plays (he had no real choice because we are low on WRs).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:22
Sigh...

only a idiot would lack the rationality to realize Rodgers ability didn't change, receivers did, you and others here simply refuse to acknowledge this. we average 4 to 5 dropped passes a game, and it's all Rodgers fault :thwap: