Cowboys @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 13th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Watkins had some nice catches and didn't have any bad plays that I remember, plenty of points in his favor and nothing to really hurt it. I can see how he was a top player last night.

Lowry grade I don't get, but then I guess there wasn't much competition from the rest of the D.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:42

This might be the most significant injury of the season. Might be what stops us from getting where we want to go.
That's exactly what I've been saying too. It's exciting that we actually won a game, but his loss stops any potential running of the table, in my opinion. The only hope is some kind of late season cap casualty that can step in.
we had 15 pass rush pressures yesterday, thats on pace for 255 pass rush pressures for the season, obviously we miss Gary, but imo pressures are the stat that matters most.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:52
Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:42

This might be the most significant injury of the season. Might be what stops us from getting where we want to go.
That's exactly what I've been saying too. It's exciting that we actually won a game, but his loss stops any potential running of the table, in my opinion. The only hope is some kind of late season cap casualty that can step in.
we had 15 pass rush pressures yesterday, thats on pace for 255 pass rush pressures for the season, obviously we miss Gary, but imo pressures are the stat that matters most.
He's more than just a pass rusher. He is an elite player that takes more than pressures to replace.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

As an aside, if you're having a bad day just follow this link. It'll take you to a Cowboys forum page that will warm your heart and fill your soul. Here's an appetizer:
Season isn't worth watching. All I've wanted for YEARS is to beat that particular Piece of **** team and that Piece of **** quarterback

I don't give a damn what happens, until we have a chance to beat the Puke and !@#$ again, nothing will be good enough for me

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:50
Watkins had some nice catches and didn't have any bad plays that I remember, plenty of points in his favor and nothing to really hurt it. I can see how he was a top player last night.

Lowry grade I don't get, but then I guess there wasn't much competition from the rest of the D.
Even tho he had a drop Watson should have gotten a high grade too.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This should (hopefully?) quiet those who continually harp about MLF and his crappy game plans for the week...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
14 Nov 2022 11:04
As an aside, if you're having a bad day just follow this link. It'll take you to a Cowboys forum page that will warm your heart and fill your soul. Here's an appetizer:
Season isn't worth watching. All I've wanted for YEARS is to beat that particular Piece of **** team and that Piece of **** quarterback

I don't give a damn what happens, until we have a chance to beat the Puke and !@#$ again, nothing will be good enough for me
:grin:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
14 Nov 2022 11:08
HELL YEAH, MATT!!! You SHOW that sorry Fraudgers who's boss! :aok: :clap: :king:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2022 11:43
APB wrote:
HELL YEAH, MATT!!! You SHOW that sorry Fraudgers who's boss! :aok: :clap: :king:
In his presser MLF said how he handled ladt drive of regulation wad a mistake.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I don’t know if this’ll get enough attention, but with Dallas stacking the box with 8 guys so much, our running game did a great job!

Even if the passing is coming alive, I still think the winning formula for the Pack is 60% run and 40% pass. Make sure the defenses stack the box and take the shot plays a few times. Mix in some short to medium passes along the way.

BTW, have we abandoned screen passes? I know we do a few of those to WRs every now and then and Jones once or twice. But the traditional screen pass that used to be a part of the WCO seems a thing of the past.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Nov 2022 12:08
I don’t know if this’ll get enough attention, but with Dallas stacking the box with 8 guys so much, our running game did a great job!

Even if the passing is coming alive, I still think the winning formula for the Pack is 60% run and 40% pass. Make sure the defenses stack the box and take the shot plays a few times. Mix in some short to medium passes along the way.

BTW, have we abandoned screen passes? I know we do a few of those to WRs every now and then and Jones once or twice. But the traditional screen pass that used to be a part of the WCO seems a thing of the past.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Nov 2022 12:08

So agree, Aaron doesn’t have to play hero ball with subpar equipment. He just needs to be a game manager. And he’d probably be the best game manager in history, but it’s literally all we need as long as Aaron Jones is healthy.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

From Insider Inbox:
When was the last time a Packers rookie had a three-TD game?

Three TD receptions was last accomplished by a Packers rookie in 1978, James Lofton. Billy Howton and Max McGee also did it in the '50s.
That's good company!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

APB wrote:
This should (hopefully?) quiet those who continually harp about MLF and his crappy game plans for the week...

I’m probably daft and missing the point - but now MLF deserves praise for (finally) sticking with the run against a good pass rushing team? The same running unit that has looked pretty good, all the while our passing attack has been awful all year long?

All MLF did with his game plan against Dallas was the obvious. Not sure how he deserves praise for that or is immune to criticism.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Gunzaan wrote:
14 Nov 2022 13:08
APB wrote:

I’m probably daft and missing the point - but now MLF deserves praise for (finally) sticking with the run against a good pass rushing team? The same running unit that has looked pretty good, all the while our passing attack has been awful all year long?

All MLF did with his game plan against Dallas was the obvious. Not sure how he deserves praise for that or is immune to criticism.
Because after the last several weeks, doing the obvious counts as progress. If this is true, MLF taking control of the scheme and getting Rodgers to do his bidding so to speak, is big.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Even if it occurred by “accident” I’d be careful about scrutinizing success.

The run worked and probably provided a good advantage over the pass, under the circumstances. No question about it.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

APB wrote:
14 Nov 2022 11:04

Wow. :lol:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Needs to be the starting safety from now on. He showed more in 1 game than Savage has all season.

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

If there's a silver lining to the past few weeks and a 5-game losing streak, it's that we no longer take winning for granted. I haven't seen Packer fans so excited after a win as they were yesterday. It was electric. (And fun to be part of.)
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff