Amari Rodgers Cut Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Here’s how it works. Packers let the returner go or trade him. The guy turns into an All Pro returner on his next stop on the NFL merry-go-round. I’m thinking of Allen Rossum. He was a speedy kick off returner. Played college at ND and drafted by Philadelphia. He then played in GB 2000-2001. He played with mixed results in GB. We let him go (no trade if I remember right). Next stop ATL and he becomes an All Pro. WTH?! :thwap:

Good luck Amari…
GO PACK GO!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta feel for the guy.

This has been this guy's life for the last decade, dedicated probably 60-70 hours a week to it, living out his dream.

Knowing there are 52 guys in that locker room giving it their all the trusting you hold up your end of the bargain, and you totally and completely let them down.

Career quite possibly over.

As 'mad' as we are as fans, no one feels worse than him. I still have individual plays from high school football that keep me up at night, can't imagine having to live with that burden in the back of your mind, forever.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2022 12:34
Gotta feel for the guy.

This has been this guy's life for the last decade, dedicated probably 60-70 hours a week to it, living out his dream.

Knowing there are 52 guys in that locker room giving it their all the trusting you hold up your end of the bargain, and you totally and completely let them down.

As 'mad' as we are as fans, no one feels worse than him. I still have individual plays from high school football that keep me up at night, can't imagine having to live with that burden in the back of your mind, forever.
Did he die? Get a $%@# grip.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

Oh please. Work a job where people actually die based on the decisions you make.

Honest to god I have no sympathy for people who suck at their jobs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Nov 2022 12:41
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

Oh please. Work a job where people actually die based on the decisions you make.
Very true, I feel for those guys too, not to get dark, but the suicide rate among veterans is very real.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

BF has officially jumped the shark.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

No, but perhaps a bit of empathy would do you wonders.

Read More. Post Less.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
15 Nov 2022 12:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

I pray Amari will be OK.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I don't wish ill will on the guy, he just wasn't a good enough football player to compete at the NFL level and do well. He will have to do a different job like the rest of us. Good thing he got a scholarship at Clemson and should now have a degree to utilize. Few of us had enough ability to get school completely paid for (probably no one here).

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

Thanks for giving sincere consideration to how the guy feels. Much appreciated. Yeah, they needed to cut him. He performed poorly. But hopefully, there’s somebody to help the young man along who is more considerate than other people on football forums who care nothing about humanity.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I do feel somewhat bad for Amari. He wanted to be a Packer and to play with Rodgers, per a pre-draft interview with Anquan Boldin. 'Sucks that it was a bad experience for all sides involved. Sounds like his work habits were fine, too, per the coaches unprompted. He just couldn't shake the mental errors in-game, and then didn't have any special ability to make up for it (not fast, not shifty, can't run people over, etc). I agree with the person who said the lights just seem too big for him.

With that said... thank $%@#. :lol: Pretty excited to field better players on ST now, and/or have an actual option at WR in place of his roster spot.
Last edited by Labrev on 15 Nov 2022 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

wallyuwl wrote:
15 Nov 2022 13:13
I don't wish ill will on the guy, he just wasn't a good enough football player to compete at the NFL level and do well. He will have to do a different job like the rest of us. Good thing he got a scholarship at Clemson and should now have a degree to utilize. Few of us had enough ability to get school completely paid for (probably no one here).
Military people here probably had their school payed for. Amari banked more cash than a lot of people will make in their lifetime.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Good for Gute to show he can take an ego hit and cut a guy he traded up for.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Amari has success down the line with another team in some role - but he had no place here after failing everyone on the team time and time again.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

I do feel bad for Amari Rodgers to the extent he made it clear he was overmatched as a returner, on both kickoffs and punts, last year and for some strange reason the Packers kept putting him out there to do a job he was clearly incapable of doing this season. That was not an Amari Rodgers' problem it was a Packers coaches and management problem.

However, I do not feel bad for Amari Rodgers when it comes to playing wide receiver. On a team with obvious needs at the position he contributed virtually nothing. Feeling sorry for Rodgers because he was bad at what he was specifically supposed to do makes about as much sense to me as feeling bad for Jace Sternberger or Oren Burks. I only feel bad for Packer fans that those guys were ever taken.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

OMG I just saw we cut Rodgers, guess all you Rodgers haters where right :rotf:

Amari Rodgers just needs to learn to protect the ball, someone will pick him up, a new start might help him

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

LombardiTime wrote:
15 Nov 2022 13:54
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

I do feel bad for Amari Rodgers to the extent he made it clear he was overmatched as a returner, on both kickoffs and punts, last year and for some strange reason the Packers kept putting him out there to do a job he was clearly incapable of doing this season. That was not an Amari Rodgers' problem it was a Packers coaches and management problem.

However, I do not feel bad for Amari Rodgers when it comes to playing wide receiver. On a team with obvious needs at the position he contributed virtually nothing. Feeling sorry for Rodgers because he was bad at what he was specifically supposed to do makes about as much sense to me as feeling bad for Jace Sternberger or Oren Burks. I only feel bad for Packer fans that those guys were ever taken.
Exactly. It's the Gm's fault.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
15 Nov 2022 12:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

Check back on the Brandon $%&# empathy thread here.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
15 Nov 2022 14:00
LombardiTime wrote:
15 Nov 2022 13:54
BF004 wrote:
Gotta feel for the guy.

Exactly. It's the Gm's fault.
Didnt we move up to get Amari?

I was excited about drafting Amari, but im just an armchair GM. Pretty embarrassing how bad Gute whiffs on third round picks. Rodgers and Sternberger now on the streets. The team begged for Amari to be decent at any of the two positions we desperately needed help at. Like he could have secured his roster spot and playing time by just not being awful at one of the two spots.

He sucked.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

$%&#.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Wow. The last name $%&# is not allowed? Crazy.