Titans @ Packers GDT: Thursday, Nov. 17th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

LombardiTime wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:53
Scott4Pack wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:31
The Packers have come back down to earth, after a long period of supremacy. No shame in that. It is frustrating to the players and to the fan base. But we’ve had 30 years of very good football.
"Supremacy" is defined as "the state or condition of being superior to all others in authority, power, or status."

There is most certainly a portion of the fan base that fervently believes in the Packers supremacy in comparison to the rest of the NFL and that narrative has undoubtedly been fostered by Packers management and, in most cases, the local Wisconsin press that covers the team.

In point of fact, the Packers have not been superior to the every other NFL team for 12 long seasons.

They have not even been superior to the other 15 NFC teams in any season since 2010.

If supremacy in the form of a Lombardi trophy is the goal, as it should be, then this is a franchise that has not been supreme but on one occasion this century.

Even worse, the Packers look likely to be anything but supreme over the next few seasons while committed to an aging, declining, expensive quarterback, continued poor special teams play, and the usual meh to bad defensive play.

Sorry, but the idea that the Packers have experienced a long period of supremacy sounds like something Mark Murphy would say at the annual shareholders meeting to mask the indisputable fact that the Packers have been and will continue to be anything but supreme.
true, but if winning more super bowls is your bench mark for success, only several teams can claim to be successful, we have been close as often as any, and imo the biggest reason for that has been the QB, the biggest reason we come up short is that opposing defenses shut down our offense, and ours can't do the same to theres, there has to be balance, yet for most of the last decade our focus has been to build a top 5 defense, and that came at the expense of a better offense, and ST's unit.

our teams have ruled our division, just doesn't happen enough in PO games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

rarely where receivers open, you and others over focus on a couple missed passes, and neglect the poor blocking,
The same tired refrain without substance. It is repeated ad nauseam. There isn't even a thought for rational discussion, but simply throw this out there for every loss regardless of what actually happened on the field.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Nov 2022 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

"I've got to throw the ball better than I did tonight," Rodgers said after going 24-for-39 for 227 yards and two touchdowns. "Not a lot of margin for error for us and definitely not against a team that gives you some opportunities. We've got to have those plays."
2 birds, 1 stone for this quote.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Saw it Sunday. Didn't see it Thursday.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so Rodgers admitting he missed a couple receivers, means the OL blocking didn't suck, that it's normal for a defense to sacrifice coverage ability because they needed everyone on the los to stop Henry isn't the main reason we lost.

I watch a completely different game then most of you, all season long, the ol has been a dumpster fire, good one play, putrid the next, receivers rarely get open, and to often when they do, Rodgers is avoiding a rusher, doesn't know where to through because they rarely arrive on schedule at the catch point, or they drop the pass, yet since Rodgers doesn't see them or throws a errant pass, this crap season is all on him, got it, oh never mind that the defense hasn't held up there end most of the season either.

We should bench Rodgers the rest of the season, I can't wait to see how Happy Love makes all of you :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Titans had 1 sack, which was well after 5 seconds, and 3 QB Hits. To say the line was poor is completely bonkers.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Watching last night's game, the one thing I noticed is the Packers WRs are running crappy routes, it looks like they are not finishing them. I remember one play toward the end of the game when a Packer WR fell down, Rodgers was scrambling for his life and the guy just stayed on the ground. WTF? The announcers are talking about overthrowing the WRs, I think it was the WRs cutting off routes. Just my point of view.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

go pak go wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:20
But of course, none of this entire post matters. The only thing that will trigger people is me pointing out the missed throws to Watkins and Lazard.
Meh. I tend to lean a bit towards being a Rodgers defender but have no real dog in the Rodgers' fault vs. rest of team's fault discussion. One thing I have noticed about a lot of your posts is that often, the only Packer that you'll criticize by name is Rodgers. Take your last couple of posts for example. You offered some criticism of the refs not calling something on Lazard. I'm sure Lazard's game was just flawless if it weren't for that call. lol.

Yes AR deserves criticism. But so do many of his teammates who often don't know what they're doing. And you often don't criticize them or mention them by name. So I sort of understand why there would be friction between you and much of the pro-Rodgers crowd. Especially when you sneak in passive-aggressive comments like the one I've quoted above.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

In life you can be rigid toward “the way things ought to be done” or “the way things are”

Rodgers keeps saying he wants the receivers to be “where they are supposed to be” well…guess what bud…they rarely are.

So what do we do about that? Do we continue to throw to where they should be, bark at them, go 3 and out, and not move the chains…

Or can we start using our eyes and just throwing it to the receiver when he’s open. Several times guys were wide open and rodgers acted frustrated with the receiver when he missed them.

Guess what man, they do suck…so help them out and hit them in the hands
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:41
The Titans had 1 sack, which was well after 5 seconds, and 3 QB Hits. To say the line was poor is completely bonkers.
whats bonkers is that you neglect ( I think purposely) to recognize pressure can be just as affective as sacks or hits, for most of Rodgers drop backs he was forced to avoid a rusher, and when he had time NO receivers where open, thats reality, go re watch the game.

and we could not run the ball successfully enough to continue, thats why Rodgers had to throw as much as he did.

just keep defending your fiction, Rodgers is still a QB we can win with, he's just not able to over come the less then average play of the OL, the receivers and this defense.
Last edited by Yoop on 18 Nov 2022 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:50
go pak go wrote:
But of course, none of this entire post matters. The only thing that will trigger people is me pointing out the missed throws to Watkins and Lazard.
Meh. I tend to lean a bit towards being a Rodgers defender but have no real dog in the Rodgers' fault vs. rest of team's fault discussion. One thing I have noticed about a lot of your posts is that often, the only Packer that you'll criticize by name is Rodgers. Take your last couple of posts for example. You offered some criticism of the refs not calling something on Lazard. I'm sure Lazard's game was just flawless if it weren't for that call. lol.

Yes AR deserves criticism. But so do many of his teammates who often don't know what they're doing. And you often don't criticize them or mention them by name. So I sort of understand why there would be friction between you and much of the pro-Rodgers crowd. Especially when you sneak in passive-aggressive comments like the one I've quoted above.
thats 2 freaking passes, Rodgers was forced to throw into tight coverage all night, GPG, 23 and others overlook lousy blocking, lousy defense and focus on 2 missed passes :thwap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:41
whats bonkers is that you neglect ( I think purposely) to recognize pressure can be just as affective as sacks or hits, for most of Rodgers drop backs he was forced to avoid a rusher, and when he had time NO receivers where open, thats reality, go re watch the game.

and we could not run the ball successfully enough to continue, thats why Rodgers had to throw as much as he did.

just keep defending your fiction, Rodgers is still a QB we can win with, he's just not able to over come the less then average play of the OL, the receivers and this defense.
These mythical pressures that supposedly derailed the offense did not happen.

Rodgers is absolutely a QB we can win with, when he plays well. The OL did not play less than average in pass blocking. The receivers were not good and the pass defense was bad. You love to throw &%$@ at the wall to see what sticks.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:56
Captain_Ben wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:50
go pak go wrote:

thats 2 freaking passes, Rodgers was forced to throw into tight coverage all night, GPG, 23 and others overlook lousy blocking, lousy defense and focus on 2 missed passes :thwap:
We don't overlook those things, you simply refuse to read them... No one is focusing on only 2 missed passes. :roll: Rodgers had an OK game yesterday. His 4th quarter wasn't good at all.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Nov 2022 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 09:39
We should bench Rodgers the rest of the season, I can't wait to see how Happy Love makes all of you :rotf:
At least Love would get us a few more first downs with his legs.
RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Titans OC was arrested after arriving in Nashville for DUI. Maybe MLF should start drinking before games so he can call better plays!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

packman114 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:18
Titans OC was arrested after arriving in Nashville for DUI. Maybe MLF should start drinking before games so he can call better plays!
Or after to dull the pain. Or during..... Oh wait, that's what I do.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Kenny Clark ain’t earning his paycheck
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:22
Kenny Clark ain’t earning his paycheck
Not many on this team are this year.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

--> answering the Titans' opening drive TD by throwing to Tonyan's feet on our first third down
--> floating a wide-open Lazard on a crosser [!!] critical must-score drive
--> that pass to Watkins (we all know the one) [!!] critical must-score drive
--> pass behind open Lazard bring up third-and-long [!] nearing crunch-time

.... those are just the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more if I bothered to go back and look.

Pass defense was a letdown. And yet, D/ST gifted the O four straight opportunities to get a score late in the game. They came away with 0 points.

No player can ever be *the* reason we lost because there are too many moving parts, but yes, Rodgers absolutely was a decisive reason for the L.

HOLD this L, RDF!!!!!
Last edited by Labrev on 18 Nov 2022 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto