Titans @ Packers GDT: Thursday, Nov. 17th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Said it during the game, Clark hasn't been particularly good this season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:28
I thought yesterday was his best game in a while. And honestly that isn't a compliment. The bar has been low. He seemed to start off well but has really cooled off after Week 3 or so.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:26
--> answering the Titans' opening drive TD by throwing to Tonyan's feet on our first third down
--> floating a wide-open Lazard on a crosser [!!] critical must-score drive
--> that pass to Watkins (we all know the one) [!!] critical must-score drive
--> pass behind open Lazard bring up third-and-long [!] nearing crunch-time

.... those are just the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more if I bothered to go back and look.

Pass defense was a letdown. And yet, D/ST gifted the O four straight opportunities to get a score late in the game. They came away with 0 points.

No player can ever be *the* reason we lost because there are too many moving parts, but yes, Rodgers absolutely was a decisive reason for the L.

HOLD this L, RDF!!!!!
Yeah. I guess I look at it like if a WR has 4 drops...he is cut. Fans hate him. Now you could argue that dropping 4 balls means he likely had 8 targets or less and that is a very high %.

But if an Olineman allows 4 pressures...fans also see that and want his head. Rodgers in the 4th quarter was very poor. Rodgers in the first 3 quarters I thought overall played pretty well. That Watson TD throw in the back corner was amazing.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

When you see supposedly crappy play callers on the other team call “great plays” it shows you how F’d up LaFleur’s play calling is

The TD just before the end of the 1st quarter was all Rodgers. Nothing to do with LaFleur.

The thumb has to be bothering Rodgers. Too many missed throws. Way off line in some cases.

When the opponents weakest link is their pass defense and they’re trotting out 2nd & 3rd stringers then the refs allow them to grab the Packers receivers, it greatly benefitted the Titans.

Rasul’s football IQ is at a genius level. On his int, once he saw the play developing he sprinted to where he knew the ball was going to be thrown and picked it off. This man should be playing safety.

While Barry may know X’s and O’s, he doesn’t have a feel for the game. He should be fired at the end of the season.

Christian Watson is a touchdown machine but believe it or not his game needs a lot of work. If he can improve his route running, dropped passes,scramble drill, and stay reasonably healthy, we’re looking at a future HOFer. I just hope he keeps working hard on his game.

They recently hired a consultant who used to be on the Lions to help poke holes in LaFleur’s game plan. Thereby admitting that LaFleur is a big part of the problem on offense.

Right now everything is a mess. Winning cures everything. But for this team winning may be on back order. We may need to wait until next year.

Rodgers will be back next year for 2 reasons. One is he won’t want his all important legacy to end this way. The second is $59 million.

We get to look forward to higher draft picks.
Love is the answer…

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
I thought yesterday was his best game in a while. And honestly that isn't a compliment. The bar has been low. He seemed to start off well but has really cooled off after Week 3 or so.
Clark clearly hasn't played as well this year, but he has seen an inordinate number of double-teams. It appears as though our opponents have no fear from other DL. The other DL need to step up and only do so occasionally. Slaton appears to be the best of the other DL. Now how much of this is coaching, I really don't know.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

williewasgreat wrote:
18 Nov 2022 11:46
go pak go wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
Clark clearly hasn't played as well this year, but he has seen an inordinate number of double-teams. It appears as though our opponents have no fear from other DL. The other DL need to step up and only do so occasionally. Slaton appears to be the best of the other DL. Now how much of this is coaching, I really don't know.
Actually, he hasn't been doubled all that much. Not compared to others.
RIP JustJeff

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Always sucks cleaning up cables after a loss! Got back home around 250 Am after a 13.5 hour workday! Love snow games! Everything just looks better with a light snow under the lights. I kept my parab on when titans went to locker room, lots of sh#t talking about Rodgers and the Green Bay beat down.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

jglovia wrote:
18 Nov 2022 12:06
Always sucks cleaning up cables after a loss! Got back home around 250 Am after a 13.5 hour workday! Love snow games! Everything just looks better with a light snow under the lights. I kept my parab on when titans went to locker room, lots of sh#t talking about Rodgers and the Green Bay beat down.
details, we want details. Who said what!?
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/1 ... ools-gold/

[mention]Yoop[/mention] Please stop making things up:
Of the Rodgers’ issues on Thursday, the pass protection wasn’t one of them. Fully healthy for the second straight game, the Packers’ offensive line allowed only eight pressures, according to PFF, against a defensive front that ranked fifth in both pressure rate and sacks this season. Rodgers’ also held the ball for 2.93-seconds on average, his second-highest rate this season.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Savage needs to be Amari'd.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 12:32

@Yoop Please stop making things up:
Of the Rodgers’ issues on Thursday, the pass protection wasn’t one of them. Fully healthy for the second straight game, the Packers’ offensive line allowed only eight pressures, according to PFF, against a defensive front that ranked fifth in both pressure rate and sacks this season. Rodgers’ also held the ball for 2.93-seconds on average, his second-highest rate this season.
why do you think I'am making anything up, go watch as Rodgers is forced off his spot, you act as though I'am blind, on most drop backs he is forced to avoid a rusher, you keep bring stuff from PFF as though what they spout is accurate, it's not, you brought a comment from them that Bahk hasn't given up a pressure when I saw him give one up, and you and others here question PFF opinions all the time, yet when I do it you accuse me of MAKING swhit up, GO WATCH the game, and you'll see what I'am saying.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 13:16
Pckfn23 wrote:

why do you think I'am making anything up, go watch as Rodgers is forced off his spot, you act as though I'am blind, on most drop backs he is forced to avoid a rusher, you keep bring stuff from PFF as though what they spout is accurate, it's not, you brought a comment from them that Bahk hasn't given up a pressure when I saw him give one up, and you and others here question PFF opinions all the time, yet when I do it you accuse me of MAKING swhit up, GO WATCH the game, and you'll see what I'am saying.
Doubling down on your fabrications I see. I am literally showing you something that brings credence to the offensive line playing well in pass protection. Bring some proof of your incorrect statement that the offensive line was poor in pass protection! I am accusing you of making &%$@ up, because you are. No one can see what you are saying because IT DID NOT HAPPEN!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 13:20
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Doubling down on your fabrications I see. I am literally showing you something that brings credence to the offensive line playing well in pass protection. Bring some proof of your incorrect statement that the offensive line was poor in pass protection! I am accusing you of making &%$@ up, because you are. No one can see what you are saying because IT DID NOT HAPPEN!
the proof is for you to open your eyes when watching the game, this has been the same stuuf from you concerning run blocking, reality is that this OL blocking has been inconsistent with both run and pass blocking and you refuse yo accept this because then it's harder to blame Rodgers, and Lafluer, at least a doz times last night Rodgers was flushed from the pocket and extending the3 play because receivers couldn't get open, and you and others here focus on a couple bad passes, over looking why Rodgers was inaccurate, it wasn't just the thumb, is Rodgers the player he was 5 years ago? NO, but you give him Devonte Adams quality and Rodgers is still good enough to shred a defense, your blaming the one player least at fault for our losing record and defending everything else for it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 13:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the proof is for you to open your eyes when watching the game, this has been the same stuuf from you concerning run blocking, reality is that this OL blocking has been inconsistent with both run and pass blocking and you refuse yo accept this because then it's harder to blame Rodgers, and Lafluer, at least a doz times last night Rodgers was flushed from the pocket and extending the3 play because receivers couldn't get open, and you and others here focus on a couple bad passes, over looking why Rodgers was inaccurate, it wasn't just the thumb, is Rodgers the player he was 5 years ago? NO, but you give him Devonte Adams quality and Rodgers is still good enough to shred a defense, your blaming the one player least at fault for our losing record and defending everything else for it.
I do open my eyes and keep an open mind. I don't watch the game with a pre-built narrative already former.

I didn't even mention run blocking. FFS...

The line hasn't been inconsistent in pasa blocking the last several weeks, they have been good. You and literally fabricating it.

Again you are throwing &%$@ at the wall. I am not talking Aaron Rodgers, I am talking offensive line pass blocking. You claim they weren't good yesterday, that is false.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
"Forced off his spot" implies Rodgers, or whichever QB is being referred to when using that term, prefers to throw from inside the pocket.

He doesn't. Rodgers is not a pocket passer.

Rodgers prefers (1) stepping up in the pocket, quite apart from standing where he drops back (i.e. the "spot") and (2) moving around.

Rodgers wasn't moving around and scrambling yesterday because he was under pressure, he was doing that because that's how he's plays QB.

(Even as it becomes increasingly ill-advised for him to do so due to: age catching up with him, inexperienced receivers that don't know his scramble drill well, etc.)

A few plays here and there where the Titans got pressure does not disprove that, through the length of the game, the Titans didn't get much pressure on him, as the Titans' pressure stats (or rather, the lack thereof) establish.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 13:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

You guys are never going to agree on this. And sorry Yoop, I put this season more on Rodgers than anyone else. Though I split it up pretty evenly among everyone.

The line has not been good. But they were not bad yesterday. They were solid. The receivers aren't helping Rodgers much and definitely weren't yesterday. But Rodgers has also had plenty of time to throw in other moments with guys wide open. There's film to back it all up.

We're watching the same game and everyone is going to see it slightly different. But frankly anyone blaming 1 person or group for the problems significantly more than another is wrong. It's a team effort to look this &%$@. And all this is just getting boring.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Rodgers sucked last night. I think even lupe agreed this time. No one is making this up [mention]Yoop[/mention]. The OL was not perfect, but I thought they held up well and the numbers seem to confirm that.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The offensive line hit their bottom vs the Jets. At that point the narrative was established that our Oline is terrible because they were terrible.

However, starting with the Washington game, the line has actually steadied and gotten better and better every week. I think our Oline has the horses and potential to do stuff for us. Not top 5 - dominant Oline, but certainly not game wrecking either. I would put them at that 10th to 15th range easily.

Our largest issues now are lack of playmakers and talent on the veteran side of our WR roster and lack of aggression and pass rush on our defense. We really miss Gary. We really need Savage to go away and we really need Barry to have a better scheme.
Yoop wrote: