Amari Rodgers Cut Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The obvious answer for difference between college amari and pro amari is playing NFL competition vs playing Duke, wake forest, North Carolina, NC State etc

Also, for all his college production, there is a reason he went in the third round. Most guys with his performances in college football playoff games would be getting hyped as first rounders. There must have been obvious red flags to those who know what they are doing.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

His college tape was not good. He had production but he was never a nfl athlete which we have seen.

The pick felt like damage control at the time.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah I didn't think he popped off the screen that much when I watched his college play. Somewhat faster than the competition, but not much.

I think the killer is not solely speed, but the fact that he is also undersized (+ the mental errors).

His play speed may have even been acceptable if he was 6'1. At 5'9, though... just too easy to cover, can neither outrun nor outreach you.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I know I was happy we drafted him. I was wrong but I’m not paid to guess.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Nov 2022 15:17
right, Amari wasn't a reach, and it didn't take long for him to get on another roster, he simply didn't catch on with us, and ball control was the main reason, that can be fixed, but he also makes to many mental mistakes, who knows if that ever will improve, wish him well.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Nov 2022 17:49
Drj820 wrote:
right, Amari wasn't a reach, and it didn't take long for him to get on another roster, he simply didn't catch on with us, and ball control was the main reason, that can be fixed, but he also makes to many mental mistakes, who knows if that ever will improve, wish him well.
Titans signed him for him to give secrets, not to play him. And he was a reach bc we gave up a 4th to move up to get him.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Nov 2022 19:25
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Titans signed him for him to give secrets, not to play him. And he was a reach bc we gave up a 4th to move up to get him.
*Texans
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Nov 2022 19:25
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Except the Texans claimed him and they are at the top of the waiver wire...

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Man...could have used him last night.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Trudge wrote:
18 Nov 2022 10:22
Man...could have used him last night.
What? How?? Nixon looked good returning kicks/punts. At WR, pfft, there's nothing for which we could have used him for which Toure would not have been able to also do, and do way better than Amari could.
—Magneto

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I guess I should have put a /s after it.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Trudge wrote:
18 Nov 2022 11:57
I guess I should have put a /s after it.
I considered that it may have been a sarcastic remark, but we played so badly last night that it felt serious. :messedup:
—Magneto