Packersnews.net Testers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I wouldn't mind seeing some new additions to our list of smileys.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Chilli wrote:
25 Mar 2020 10:17

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Is this Charon?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 10:26
Is this Charon?
What is Charon? Image

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Chilli wrote:

We do have a few of those listed, or something very similar, such as the suicide and pitchforks I noticed right away.

You can see them by clicking here:
image.png
image.png (701.82 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Although I wouldn't be opposed to adding a few more while they are all still fresh in my head. Sadly is isn't super user friendly to add them and organize them, kind of a pain in the butt tbh.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Chilli wrote:
25 Mar 2020 10:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
Is this Charon?
What is Charon? Image
Ha!

Yep, I'd say so...

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

APB wrote:
25 Mar 2020 10:54
Chilli wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Is this Charon?
What is Charon? Image
Ha!

Yep, I'd say so...
Seriously what does a Greek god got to do with smiley gifs? :idn:

I'm utterly confused. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Chilli wrote:
25 Mar 2020 10:59
APB wrote:
25 Mar 2020 10:54
Chilli wrote:

What is Charon? Image
Ha!

Yep, I'd say so...
Seriously what does a Greek god got to do with smiley gifs? :idn:

I'm utterly confused. :lol:
Charon is a poster, at least that was his username on the old site. He is registering here with the name labrev. :idn: (verbal backwards?)

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I am Mr Green on the old site. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Chilli wrote:
25 Mar 2020 11:04
That's what I was getting at!! :banana:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Chilli wrote:

I really like the top hat and am a sucker for the dancing bananas. I appreciate the effort to dig these up! Hopefully BF004 finds the time to add a couple.

Several posters wanted the same smilies as on the old forum -> we obliged with great effort. The bottom row of your selection is all essentially duplicates of what we have in a different style, so unfortunately it's a hard no to those.

We did not want include more negative smilies. When smilies are used as a reaction to posts, I personally prefer posters to be "rewarded" with positive or humorous smilies, not spammed with negative ones. Smilie selection is also one part of setting the tone for the forum - I remember packersplanet's anarchy being illustrated with abundant middle fingers, toilets and the like. That would feel "off" here. I hope ya understand.

I did reorganize the smilies a bit to have as many of the most used ones on the message page as possible. We also added a few new ones in the same style (below) and all the team logos. [mention]BF004[/mention] here's the Bears logo with a transparent background:
chicago-bears-icon.png
chicago-bears-icon.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 596 times
:think: :dance: :pray: :heart: :cheer: :ambulance: :jam: :violin: :waiting: :usa:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Really liking the new forum setup, thanks guys!

Question- I noticed that while browsing a thread, the thread title is not listed at the top of each post the way it was in the last forum. I always found this to be a convenient reminder of the original topic of the thread. Are we planning on bringing that back?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
25 Mar 2020 15:00
Really liking the new forum setup, thanks guys!

Question- I noticed that while browsing a thread, the thread title is not listed at the top of each post the way it was in the last forum. I always found this to be a convenient reminder of the original topic of the thread. Are we planning on bringing that back?
I was wondering whether you'd promote yourself to Major (or Rear Admiral) Ben with the forum upgrade. ;)

We have the option to turn the thread titles back on for posts. We wanted to try if not having them would save some scrolling, since the Share On social media -logos add a bit.

I think the prudent thing to do is to have the forum like this for a little while, and then see which new things people like/get used to and which ones they still dislike and should be scrapped.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Chilli wrote:
25 Mar 2020 11:04
All these new names are really going to throw me for a loop. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Hey guys. This could be a user error or covered but is there a way to not get timed out on this site??

I was working on a mock yesterday....at work.. It took awhile and when I was dont and submitted I was logged out and lost everything. Wah. Is there a way to stay logged in like before

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:48
Hey guys. This could be a user error or covered but is there a way to not get timed out on this site??

I was working on a mock yesterday....at work.. It took awhile and when I was dont and submitted I was logged out and lost everything. Wah. Is there a way to stay logged in like before
I had the same problem because I was using a bookmark from before the SSL certificate was loaded. The address of the site changed from http to https, so just make sure you are accessing the site via the updated address and then you should be fine.

viewforum.php?f=2

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:50
Backthepack4ever wrote:

I had the same problem because I was using a bookmark from before the SSL certificate was loaded. The address of the site changed from http to https, so just make sure you are accessing the site via the updated address and then you should be fine.

viewforum.php?f=2
Essentially delete the old bookmark, go to https://www.packers-huddle.com , make new bookmark.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Backthepack4ever wrote:

For long posts I always end up doing them outside the forum (Google spreadsheets/docs) and just eventually copy everything over in a post, or attach said file in your post. I don't trust anything I can't save every now and then.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:53
Backthepack4ever wrote:

For long posts I always end up doing them outside the forum (Google spreadsheets/docs) and just eventually copy everything over in a post, or attach said file in your post. I don't trust anything I can't save every now and then.
This would be the perfect time to remind you that you can save a draft in a thread now. Save your progress as you go, even leave the site and come back later, pick it up and post!!

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Thank you to everyone who worked on this new site. I think its great.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:55
TheGreenMan wrote:
27 Mar 2020 13:53
Backthepack4ever wrote:

This would be the perfect time to remind you that you can save a draft in a thread now. Save your progress as you go, even leave the site and come back later, pick it up and post!!
Also a good point.
RIP JustJeff