Packers @ Eagles GDT: Sunday, Nov. 27th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Rodgers post-game:
“Not oblique injury, it’s a rib. Couldn’t breathe. Was worried about lung puncture so had it checked out. No puncture. So long as rib checks out fine tomorrow, I expect to play next week.”
Dude, get over yourself. Season is a wash and you haven’t exactly been lighting it up even when healthy. Rest. Recover from your injuries.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Love made quick reads and got the ball out quickly and then fired lasers. I don’t think Jones realized how fast that ball was coming at him so he missed it. Doesn’t mean Jordan is the third coming but also doesn’t mean he was a wasted pick. There is some hope there.

The key to Watson is hitting him in stride. He is amazing to watch…as he outruns everyone on the field.

LaFleur has not shown the guts in the past to make the tough decision but he needs to step up and fire Barry tomorrow. The defense is underwhelming and undisciplined.
Love is the answer…

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Nov 2022 22:41
Should someone kill themselves too? 8-)
:rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Jordan Love was phenomenal today. I mean, given what we saw from him last year, he pretty much couldn't have played better than he did. He reminded me a lot of when Rodgers came in for Favre in 2007 vs Dallas. Many similarities.

NFC East opponent
Opponent is top team in the league
3rd year QB takes over for the legend
Legend had us in a deficit that was growing
3rd year QB looks sharp, brings the team down the field, gets the score close, does what the legend was unable to do
Defense chokes it away anyway

Obviously, the difference is that we have seen a lot of bad from Love so far in his career so far to temper our expectations. Rodgers had a lot less play time up until that point. But combining this with how much improved he looked in preseason, Love certainly responded to last year's poor play and now seems to have a bright future again. I also like how he could have just run for easy 1st downs with his legs but instead fired a couple lasers on the run instead. I have long been of the opinion that Rodgers' lack of run threat is holding us back in a major way in the playoffs, so it would be nice to introduce that back into the offense.

Wherever jamesrob is, he's probably loving what he saw.

comeon bg.lets paly the young. qb
jordan LOVE.we need to give thekid.
achance.especaly in preseason.and
blowouts.he will be a PILAR of the gb
comunity for years.comeone BG!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
27 Nov 2022 23:20
Rodgers post-game:
“Not oblique injury, it’s a rib. Couldn’t breathe. Was worried about lung puncture so had it checked out. No puncture. So long as rib checks out fine tomorrow, I expect to play next week.”
Dude, get over yourself. Season is a wash and you haven’t exactly been lighting it up even when healthy. Rest. Recover from your injuries.
My expectation is he plays vs Chicago. Irregardless, we likely will be mathematically eliminated before our Monday Night game vs the Rams. And that will be Jordan Love's first start.

That to me seems the easiest story to push to make Rodgers feel like he gave his all. Just one more game and then rest.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
28 Nov 2022 03:49

Obviously, the difference is that we have seen a lot of bad from Love so far in his career so far to temper our expectations. Rodgers had a lot less play time up until that point.
Jordan Love has like 1 - 2 more quarters of playing time in his career before Dallas 2007 than Love had before Philly 2022.

Both showed some signs of minor good play (Rodgers had a good series before the turnover in Baltimore and Love had the plays in Detroit).

But by and large both had sucky performances before their "oh hey look at what he can do" moment on Prime Time TV
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Yoop wrote:
27 Nov 2022 22:48
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 Nov 2022 21:49
Seems like every big run by the Eagles, our guys are in a 2 DL nickel
we only play base 30 front about 20% of the snaps, and we are light, our heaviest starting DT barely tips 300 lbs.

our DL coach has been with us 4 years, and we rank worst or close stopping the run all 4 seasons, we reward mediocrity.
Ain’t for the horses, Clark playing like he Def doesn’t want to get hurt on a wasted season

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
28 Nov 2022 07:13
texas wrote:

Obviously, the difference is that we have seen a lot of bad from Love so far in his career so far to temper our expectations. Rodgers had a lot less play time up until that point.
Jordan Love has like 1 - 2 more quarters of playing time in his career before Dallas 2007 than Love had before Philly 2022.

Both showed some signs of minor good play (Rodgers had a good series before the turnover in Baltimore and Love had the plays in Detroit).

But by and large both had sucky performances before their "oh hey look at what he can do" moment on Prime Time TV
Lol remember this.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
28 Nov 2022 08:39
go pak go wrote:
28 Nov 2022 07:13
texas wrote:

Lol remember this.
Remember what?

I made zero projection.
Yoop wrote:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Foosball wrote:
28 Nov 2022 00:26
Love made quick reads and got the ball out quickly and then fired lasers. I don’t think Jones realized how fast that ball was coming at him so he missed it. Doesn’t mean Jordan is the third coming but also doesn’t mean he was a wasted pick. There is some hope there.

The key to Watson is hitting him in stride. He is amazing to watch…as he outruns everyone on the field.

LaFleur has not shown the guts in the past to make the tough decision but he needs to step up and fire Barry tomorrow. The defense is underwhelming and undisciplined.
I’m not against waiting til season’s end to fire a coach, not doing it during the season. But once the 17th game is over… Let the dude know he needs to clean out his desk and turn in his laptop. No sense in waiting, once the dust of the season settles.

And if the next DC dares to come in with the SAME scheme and not be aggressive, fire Guty too.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Wherever
jamesrob
is, he's probably loving what he saw.
That's who it was!
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2022 11:25

So Jon Runyan had 2 pressures allowed yet had an 80.8 overall...hmm...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I can’t really take anything away from Loves performance. With the 2 score lead I felt the Eagles didn’t take it seriously. They played real conservative.

I think if we played a real team with a weeks preparation for Love they play the Spagnuollo defense and blitz the daylights out of him. The question will be how he handles that and if he can beat it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2022 11:14

Not conservative defense.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2022 12:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Nov 2022 11:14

Not conservative defense.
It's a Christian Conservative Defense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Nov 2022 12:26
I can’t really take anything away from Loves performance. With the 2 score lead I felt the Eagles didn’t take it seriously. They played real conservative.

I think if we played a real team with a weeks preparation for Love they play the Spagnuollo defense and blitz the daylights out of him. The question will be how he handles that and if he can beat it.
I guess how I view it as not too excited or not too critical primarily due to the sample size. It was two drives and only a few passes which means one play can seriously skew the perception of his play.

However, if we are being fair graders, there are things to be super excited about.

1. He ran the offense. He had good timing on his step backs and let her rip a few times.
2. The ball had zip and got to where it needed to quickly. Even passes like the Lazard pass was a great sign. We had a quarterback that showed he can get the ball on a 12 yard out to the sideline quickly. I was pleased with that.
3. He had good pocket maneuverability. He also kept his eyes down the field while escaping the pocket. Though I was upset on his impatience on the Watson throw. Either have the patience or take the yards with your feet.
4. The ball to Jones was an elite ball. So again, he shows he has the ability to squeeze a ball between a cover 2. Those are hard throws and he nailed it.

I'm not ready to call him the 2nd coming by any means, but we have consistently seen progression from Jordan Love every game. His Lions game was better than the Chiefs game. His 2nd preseason was better than his 1st preseason. And his Eagles cleanup was the best ball he has put on film yet.

That is at least reason to be optimistic.
Yoop wrote:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

APB wrote:
27 Nov 2022 23:20
Rodgers post-game:
I file this under damned if you do damned if you don't. If he'd have come out and said "I'm hurt, done playing for the year," people would have been calling him a quitter. I don't have a problem with him wanting to play.