Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
01 Dec 2022 18:35

It would be cool to get Big Dog another TD this weekend

Is that bsa??

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 Dec 2022 15:50
Bogey wrote:
01 Dec 2022 09:22
APB wrote:
30 Nov 2022 19:30

I don’t think the two are related at all. Unless, of course, it is your contention that players, coaches, and even Bogey should live, breath, and bleed football 24/7…?
I live in a cardboard box tucked away in a corner of the lower concourse, eating only leftover popcorn and brats, wandering in the darkness of the stadium at night, alone, except for the ghosts of Packers past, communing with Lombardi and Lambeau and Herber and Starr and Hutson and Canadeo. It is a barren existence, but it is what I am called to do in the name of Packers Glory.
Have you met the Ghosts of Super Bowls past, present, and future? Mr. Marley?
:-)
Indeed. They walk among us.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 Dec 2022 15:49
Half Empty wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:53
Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:29

Oh yeah, how many Lombardi trophies did Luck win? Zero? Yup. I thought so. So, you’re saying that tanking works well for good QBs who don’t win Lombardi Trophies? Just want to be clear about that.

Luck won none in his entire 5-full-season career. Favre and Rodgers, however, won one in four times the opportunities.
Favre won one.
Rodgers won one.
Luck, for a short time, might’ve been as good as Favre or Rodgers. But he never went to a SB.
Can't argue with that. It's what I said.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

I’m a little confused here. At the opening of this thread it says the game is at noon. Below the dope sheet says it is a Sunday night game … the Packers website Game day Guide says….

I guess 2 out of 3 say noon so that’s when I’ll be there. See you at the game. 🙂
Attachments
969BE0AE-8F6D-4B51-9632-E2FEB8838AC0.jpeg
969BE0AE-8F6D-4B51-9632-E2FEB8838AC0.jpeg (968.95 KiB) Viewed 428 times
GO PACK GO!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
02 Dec 2022 14:36
I’m a little confused here. At the opening of this thread it says the game is at noon. Below the dope sheet says it is a Sunday night game … the Packers website Game day Guide says….

I guess 2 out of 3 say noon so that’s when I’ll be there. See you at the game. 🙂
Good catch. I accidentally used an old Dope Sheet.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Dec 2022 14:57
GJPackerBacker wrote:
02 Dec 2022 14:36

Good catch. I accidentally used an old Dope Sheet.
Got it. Thanks.
GO PACK GO!!!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So Zach Tom gets the start at LT. Can't have our starting O-line play too many games together. Wouldn't be fair to rest of the league!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

^ Just looked that up, wow. Bakhtiari out due to appendectomy. What terrible health luck.

While I was looking it up, found out that Fields will start.

Maybe we will lose after all. :pray:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

packman114 wrote:
02 Dec 2022 15:24
So Zach Tom gets the start at LT. Can't have our starting O-line play too many games together. Wouldn't be fair to rest of the league!
Was gunna say, kind of hope its Elgton or Tom at LT (Not Nijman). Jenkins struggled a bit at RT, but he looks very comfortable anywhere on the left side.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Da Bears 24
Packers 21

Yeah, I don’t really mean it. But I do think that Aaron will be healthy enough and MLF crazy enough to think that they would just pass, pass, and pass some more. This will lead to demise and defeat, unless Rodgers and his young WRs can pull out something marvelous. This is actually how it typically happens when we play da Bears anyhow. So, why would this be any different?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think we still manage to pull out the W, same way we did vs. Dallas.

Rodgers knows deep down we can't win without the run, and he has to back up "I own you" so he'll let Jones and Dillon rumble like he did in the Dallas game. He will also want to avoid taking too many hits. So I think we stick with a run and a balanced offense, which has been a winning formula every time we've done it. He also seems delusional enough to have playoff ambitions.

Unless the org wants to tank and MLF is in on it so he calls excessive pass plays, but I doubt that.

Not to mention Zach Tom is in-fact the next Bakhtiari anyway, said it from Day 1, so it's not a crippling loss. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
02 Dec 2022 15:46
packman114 wrote:
02 Dec 2022 15:24
Was gunna say, kind of hope its Elgton or Tom at LT (Not Nijman). Jenkins struggled a bit at RT, but he looks very comfortable anywhere on the left side.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The Packers needs to lose this one but I doubt they do. The Bears are really bad and Rodgers will play hard in this one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Dec 2022 19:14
The Packers needs to lose this one but I doubt they do. The Bears are really bad and Rodgers will play hard in this one.
I know you have little room for compromise on your position for this one, but this is one I will certainly make an exception for. There is a lot of good that comes from winning this game and it has little to do with post-season aspirations.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
03 Dec 2022 08:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
I know you have little room for compromise on your position for this one, but this is one I will certainly make an exception for. There is a lot of good that comes from winning this game and it has little to do with post-season aspirations.
The only guy I want winning games now is #10.

My hopes for this Sunday is not a secret. But everyone can fan how they want to fan.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2022 10:49
NCF wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

My hopes for this Sunday is not a secret. But everyone can fan how they want to fan.
I want all the success in the world for #10. I want him to be the QB next season. I don't think he needs some extended audition to "see what we have". At some point, you have to be willing to make a leap of faith and roll with the guy in a fresh new season. I wouldn't mind if Love gets a start or two after the Bye Week, but this game is for Aaron to continue his ownership of the Bears and to make the Packers the winningest team in league history. He has earned the right to finish what he started here. I also want him starting the game against Detroit and playing the whole thing if the team/Rodgers come to the realization that this is it.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
The franchises are tied for most wins in NFL history. Winner takes the lead. Other than that point of pride, there is zero need to win this game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
03 Dec 2022 11:05
go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2022 10:49
NCF wrote:

I want all the success in the world for #10. I want him to be the QB next season. I don't think he needs some extended audition to "see what we have". At some point, you have to be willing to make a leap of faith and roll with the guy in a fresh new season. I wouldn't mind if Love gets a start or two after the Bye Week, but this game is for Aaron to continue his ownership of the Bears and to make the Packers the winningest team in league history. He has earned the right to finish what he started here. I also want him starting the game against Detroit and playing the whole thing if the team/Rodgers come to the realization that this is it.
Yeah. My reasoning is in the grand scheme of things, this game is as meaningless as the 2005 Bears game or 2008 Bears game.

We lost them both and I could care less. I have a feeling I will feel the same about this game in 2025.

A win doesn't do much for the franchise. I am just rooting for our young guys.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

A win means a lot more to the Packer faithful who buy tickets and go to games, and the players, I can't imagine any of them just don't care, I don't either, and have never not cared, through so many losing seasons I rooted for the team to win in every game, I can't even imagine why any Packer fan wouldn't, and if ya throw this draft slot stuff at me, well I've seen to many high slot players bust to even consider that, frankly I'am disgusted with people that think tanking is a option, ( no offense intended) I hope our FO never stoops to that crap, cause that will end my fan ship. ( and I'd bet thousands of others too)

there is no such thing as a meaningless game, again if the only reason you watch football is to see your team win, then you define the term bandwagon fan, this was not directed at you completely GPG, others have spoken the same, but imo some of you are taking winning for granted, or losing to garner a high pick in the draft is like blind ambition, it takes more then just high picks to be a good team, specially when so many high picks never live up to that draft slot, it's like turning a 5 year old lose in a candy shop, everything looks good till the visit at the dentist office :nono:
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Dec 2022 12:25, edited 1 time in total.