Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Great to beat the Bears again, that just never gets old, Dillon was a work horse, and Watson is just so quick, Jones seems less then full strength.

our coverage is a train wreck, Barry's zone schemes assures open acreage all over the field, and this was Chicago, with less offensive fire power then we have, Minus the running ability of Fields and there offense should be easily defendable, yet we struggle, and I hate to say it, but it doesn't seem players give it 110% on every play.

A Win adds morale, team needs it, Fans need it.

Rodgers needs it too, one win closer to the 500 club :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:59
I enjoyed watching Dillon, Watson and our Oline. Those guys are fun to watch. A few great plays from our young defenders. Nixon, Wyatt and Walker had some fun plays.

Watson is so freaking good. I think we have a player in Zach Tom too. He had a run block I think on a TD that was just amazing.
Secondary is still a conundrum. The most consistent ones back there seem to be Ford and Nixon...

I am starting to think the issues with running QBs that we have is in the secondary and, by extension, how we play the secondary against them. All in all though it was a decent day against the run. I know you can't throw out that 55 yard from Fields, but without that they were 24 carries for 100 yards. Not too shabby. 19 carries for 84 yards to the non-QBs.

O line was pretty good, 0 sacks given up. Tom definitely continues to impress.

Walker and Campbell played well together for the most part.

Kenny Clark definitely came to play today.

Last, but not least, Christian Watson is fun to watch.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Great win! Exciting game. Thought we were going to lose going into half time.

Seems like we start a lot of games slowly this season - not sure why.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 16:10
Secondary is still a conundrum. The most consistent ones back there seem to be Ford and Nixon...
How weird is that? Last season, rasul and Amos had their best years as pros, and not so much this year.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2022 16:21
Realist wrote:
04 Dec 2022 15:39
BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 15:30

No &%$@, pretend you are over $%@# 5 years old sometimes. Good god

Contribute or shut the $%@# up
Agree. Fricken mods have to get control of this nonsense. Bunch of 5 year olds. Great win. Can we just enjoy it?
It is weird the problem always seems to be with the same person on the forum.
At times this forum is 50% Packer discussion and 50% bickering. I'm new here but won't last long if that keeps up.

I kind of figured it's because it's been a tough season for the Pack. But, damn, this was a win against the Bears. Enjoy it!

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

BEFORE todays game….
ACA3625B-FB44-42C6-A202-EA41A232A186.jpeg
ACA3625B-FB44-42C6-A202-EA41A232A186.jpeg (748.89 KiB) Viewed 507 times
GO PACK GO!!!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Amos may just be getting old
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

AmishMafia wrote:
04 Dec 2022 16:28
lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2022 16:21
Realist wrote:
04 Dec 2022 15:39

Agree. Fricken mods have to get control of this nonsense. Bunch of 5 year olds. Great win. Can we just enjoy it?
It is weird the problem always seems to be with the same person on the forum.
At times this forum is 50% Packer discussion and 50% bickering. I'm new here but won't last long if that keeps up.

I kind of figured it's because it's been a tough season for the Pack. But, damn, this was a win against the Bears. Enjoy it!
This forum is better with you in it.

Please stay and post often.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 15:26
Does that tie help or hurt us for potential playoffs?

We lost to both, neither likely win division, guessing good? Now we beat either with equal losses?
In the end I think it hurts our chances more, but it also elongates how long the Packers won't be eliminated.

Ideally the way to make it was either of the teams losing both games in the series. Especially if Washington lost both games. But now we likely will still be alive going into Miami and won't be eliminated until Christmas Day.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

AmishMafia wrote:
04 Dec 2022 16:28

You're a credit to the forum, please stick around! :beer2:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This is why I hate the 3 wild card teams. Just put a fork in the trash teams. Anybody “in the hunt” as the 4th wc team and beyond is trash

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:55
Labrev wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:54
Let aside our draft position and prolonging Rodgers playing QB, this win was not "great" by a longshot. A bad team (us) simply beat a worse one.
A win is a win. It's enjoyable.
I posted cringe. I retract this. Go Pack Go; Bears Still Suck. :aok: :banana: :woohoo:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 18:32
This is why I hate the 3 wild card teams. Just put a fork in the trash teams. Anybody “in the hunt” as the 4th wc team and beyond is trash
I agree. I hate expanding playoff systems. Make it hard to make the playoffs. It should be an accomplishment to make the playoffs. Always thought that was something the NFL set itself apart from other leagues when it was 6 of 16 make it.

I also hate it that only 1 team gets a bye. Just thought the old system was perfect.
Yoop wrote:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:57
BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:56
Winningest team in nfl history, again
Did the announcers get it wrong? They said the Bears have never relinquished the wins crown until today.
Their comment was that da Bears had the most wins “at the end of each season” for every year. That is different than saying that da Bears have always had more wins.
FWIW.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

A win is always a win. A win is always good. All the time. Forever.

That said, I’m wondering if Jaire is wanting to pad his stats. Getting beat twice by “lesser than” WRs was pitiful for the guy who is supposed to be elite. He needs to knock that crap off. Even with his INT…

Time to celebrate this win. Next one will be tougher.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Dec 2022 18:55

That said, I’m wondering if Jaire is wanting to pad his stats. Getting beat twice by “lesser than” WRs was pitiful for the guy who is supposed to be elite. He needs to knock that crap off. Even with his INT…

I agree a win is always a win and a win over the Bears is even better.

But, a December home game against the 3-9 Rams, with the Pack coming off a bye, will be more difficult than today's contest?

Why?

The Rams have lost 6 straight, have put Stafford, Kupp, and Alan Robinson on IR, are decimated along the offensive line, and Aaron Donald likely will remain out of action with his high ankle sprain.

As presently constructed, the Rams should be the least daunting opponent the Pack faces or has faced all season and that includes today's toothless Bears.

This may sound crazy, but I could see the 5-8 Packers being close to double digit favorites over the Rams.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

LombardiTime wrote:
04 Dec 2022 19:08
Scott4Pack wrote:

But, a December home game against the 3-9 Rams, with the Pack coming off a bye, will be more difficult than today's contest?

Why?

The Rams have lost 6 straight, have put Stafford, Kupp, and Alan Robinson on IR, are decimated along the offensive line, and Aaron Donald likely will remain out of action with his high ankle sprain.

As presently constructed, the Rams should be the least daunting opponent the Pack faces or has faced all season and that includes today's toothless Bears.

This may sound crazy, but I could see the 5-8 Packers being close to double digit favorites over the Rams.
Only because it seems like EVERY week this season has been a struggle. Our greatest foe is the internal one.

Maybe we beat the Rams going away. That’s truly one team (of several) that has had it harder than we have.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LombardiTime wrote:
04 Dec 2022 19:08
Scott4Pack wrote:

Why?

Agreed. The Rams is by far our weakest opponent and should be an easy win. It's why I really wanted to lose today and have Love get an easy confidence builder in his 2nd career start.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:50
Drj820 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 14:45
Despite the hate the defense as gotten today, they’ve given up less than 20 points
The Bears really have 23 points. The defense can't take credit for a missed PAT and a missed 40 yard FG
Packers d gets credit for putting the bears 3 points in the hands of a kicker, forcing a field goal, and not allowing a touchdown on the drive.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Rodgers will play and beat the Rams, and that will spur him on in hopes of running the table and notching 5 more wins towards his quest to join the all inclusive 500 TD QB club :rotf: getting in the play offs would be a great bonus. :sleeping: :worship: :boring: :surrender: :dance:

I'd like to see more of Love to, but I just don't see Rodgers stepping down to allow that to happen.

that under throw to Watson, while bringing a PI call was still a under thrown ball that could have been a TD, the complete miss to Cobb, several other off target throws, till he clicked with Watson I didn't think we'd win this game.