2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I can't get it to put the Packers over the Hawks under any realistic scenario. I think the Packers are done. That loss to Washington earlier in the year really hurt.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:07
I can't get it to put the Packers over the Hawks under any realistic scenario. I think the Packers are done. That loss to Washington earlier in the year really hurt.
spoiler alert: despite beating the hapless bears, the packers are done
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:09
wallyuwl wrote:
I know. I don't think the Packers win out. But even if they did, they are not making the playoffs.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:11
Drj820 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:09
wallyuwl wrote:
I know. I don't think the Packers win out. But even if they did, they are not making the playoffs.
losing to the giants or redskins is a good way to miss the playoffs. In the packers case, they managed to do both.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This may be the more "realistic" scenario:

Giants - Eagles(L), Commanders(L), Vikings(L), Colts(W), Eagles(L)
Commanders - Giants(W), 49ers(L), Browns(L), Cowboys(L)

Packers winning out would then make the playoffs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:26

So on the flipside:

If the Giants beat the Eagles but lose to Washington
The Commanders beat the Giants
The Seahawks beat the Panthers and 49ers

Our season is essentially over before we even play the Rams.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:35
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:26

So on the flipside:

If the Giants beat the Eagles but lose to Washington
The Commanders beat the Giants
The Seahawks beat the Panthers and 49ers

Our season is essentially over before we even play the Rams.
Correct. It may be all over before we even play another snap.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Forget the Playoffs. This team is not good enough. It won’t make the postseason and if it was it would not stand a chance with our defense and offensive woes. There is a time to fight and there is a time to hold back. Play Love more to get a better sample size, give 2nd or 3rd string guys more time to see if they have potential, fire Barry asap to have more time and to get in the better guys early for interview, try out new things/schemes under serious conditions. There is so much MLF can do to get ahead, going into 2023/24. Do not throw good money after bad, cut your losses…move on to next season.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

German_Panzer wrote:
06 Dec 2022 00:54
Forget the Playoffs. This team is not good enough. It won’t make the postseason and if it was it would not stand a chance with our defense and offensive woes. There is a time to fight and there is a time to hold back. Play Love more to get a better sample size, give 2nd or 3rd string guys more time to see if they have potential, fire Barry asap to have more time and to get in the better guys early for interview, try out new things/schemes under serious conditions. There is so much MLF can do to get ahead, going into 2023/24. Do not throw good money after bad, cut your losses…move on to next season.
All in due time. That time has not arrived...yet.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think we have enough threads where the same 5 people can say how bad we are every other post. We all get it, we honestly do.

This thread is for the playoff picture, not just Packers. Think we can discuss that for more than 10 posts without thread being hijacked with the exact same discussion as every other thread?

And no, discussing possibilities for Packers is not a sign we are living in fantasy land or wearing green and gold colored glasses, or have any expectation of the packers even sniffing the playoffs. It is simply a discussion some clearly find enjoyable and some of us prefer being informed on topics.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

same ol quitters, when the going gets tough, fold tent, we wont do a damn thing some of you propose, if the team stays competitive we will fight to win every game, and wont rest a starter, and if that upsets any of you, well thats to damn bad, go hop on the bandwagon of the Eagles or any other team doing well this year, your lousy Packer fans and this team doesn't need your support, never did, bunch of entitlement jerks. :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 07:38
I think we have enough threads where the same 5 people can say how bad we are every other post. We all get it, we honestly do.

This thread is for the playoff picture, not just Packers. Think we can discuss that for more than 10 posts without thread being hijacked with the exact same discussion as every other thread?

And no, discussing possibilities for Packers is not a sign we are living in fantasy land or wearing green and gold colored glasses, or have any expectation of the packers even sniffing the playoffs. It is simply a discussion some clearly find enjoyable and some of us prefer being informed on topics.
:clap: :clap:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I love my rose colored glasses and still believe we can win out and make the playoffs and even win then, it's happened before, I'd rather live in fantasy land then be squatting in a tent hiding ashamed of my team :nono:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:

Think that's bad. Over on my Vikings forum, we have a 66-page thread on why the Viking's 10-2 record is fraudulent. Mainly because they haven't "blown out" anyone. And no, apparently the win over the Pack isn't considered a blowout. Sometime people just can't be happy.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Dec 2022 09:30
BF004 wrote:

Think that's bad. Over on my Vikings forum, we have a 66-page thread on why the Viking's 10-2 record is fraudulent. Mainly because they haven't "blown out" anyone. And no, apparently the win over the Pack isn't considered a blowout. Sometime people just can't be happy.
Think I saw the Vikings are 9-0 in one score games this year, something like highest rate through 12 games in something crazy, like 40 years?

Typically doesn't bode well. Just need the Vikings to keep doing good enough to keep Kirk around at a top 5-10 QB salary and they should never be a real threat.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Raptorman wrote:
Over on my Vikings forum, we have a 66-page thread on why the Viking's 10-2 record is fraudulent. Mainly because they haven't "blown out" anyone.
I hadn't considered if the Vikings are frauds, and was not aware that they haven't blown out anyone yet.

Now I am convinced that they are frauds, for that reason. Thanks, Reptar's forum! :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
06 Dec 2022 10:03
Raptorman wrote:
Over on my Vikings forum, we have a 66-page thread on why the Viking's 10-2 record is fraudulent. Mainly because they haven't "blown out" anyone.
I hadn't considered if the Vikings are frauds, and was not aware that they haven't blown out anyone yet.

Now I am convinced that they are frauds, for that reason. Thanks, Reptar's forum! :mrgreen:
I really don’t think Vikings are good or bad, same as usual, just had a few positive breaks this year reflecting record.

Not sure if the Eagles are as good as their record. The high turnover method typically doesn’t hold well in the playoffs. They one game they didn’t have a positive turnover ratio, they lost by two scores.

Bucs might scare me the most if they get Wirfs back at full strength, still probably the best D in the conference. If the Bucs get any O momentum and health on OL, they might be my favorite.

Probably the Cowboys second, most complete team right now, imo.

No one fearing the Seahawks, Giants or Commanders. 49ers will be a tough out as always, but they don’t have a QB.

My NFC betting odds might go:
Bucs, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, 9ers, the 3 wild card teams with bad QBs.

Then you got the Packers, Lions,Saints, Falcons, who only get in with luck and really good win streak.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
06 Dec 2022 10:03
Raptorman wrote:

What's a blowout? Apparently, the Vikings beating the Packers by 16 isn't, but, with other teams, 12 points is a blowout. Just another double standard.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote: My NFC betting odds might go:
Bucs, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, 9ers, the 3 wild card teams with bad QBs.
There is NO WAY I’m putting the Bucs that high. Their defense, while good, is not good enough to carry that offense. That offense is that bad, despite the talent, and it’s mostly Brady. Don’t be fooled by last night’s comeback fueled by a defensive collapse by the Saints.

My money says the Bucs get squashed by the 49ers this week despite playing their 3rd string QB. A weeks supply of internets for any takers…