Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:37
Literally the only possible option after like 5 seconds into the play.

Maybe a tiny chance for Dillon, but that would be a poor decision on a 4th down there. Lol Lazard.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

What a sweet victory - a comeback win with 11 unanswered points in the fourth quarter. Largely “unanswered” because we saw the spirit of Jay Cutler revisit the hallowed turf at Soldier Field. In imitating Jay the latest of a long list of promising new QBs for the Chicago Bears, Justin Fields “liked” tossing two passes to the Green and Gold in the fourth quarter. One to Jaire Alexander and another errant throw went to Keisean Nixon.

Bears fans know the meaning of “Sweetness”.

For this Packer fan this win was especially “sweet”. Sweet because I had to listen to the raucous barbs of the fans of Navy Blue and Orange for over three quarters. The majority of boisterous epitaphs were quite vulgar. So to anyone who would like to minimize this win because they wanted a “tank” performance, go ahead wish what you will…. this team did not quit. Dang, I am really proud of the guys in Green and Gold. Packer Pride at its finest. Well done team. I’m blessed that I could be there to see it in person.
GO PACK GO!!!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:33
It was terrific seeing Watkins throw effective blocks on two plays. That won’t save the Packers from cutting him free after week 17. But I do appreciate that he could make some blocks, even when he couldn’t learn the playbook otherwise or play halfway up to his round 1 draft status. Alas, I should digress and just tell him THANK YOU for setting Watson free!
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
05 Dec 2022 16:04
What a sweet victory - a comeback win with 11 unanswered points in the fourth quarter. Largely “unanswered” because we saw the spirit of Jay Cutler revisit the hallowed turf at Soldier Field. In imitating Jay the latest of a long list of promising new QBs for the Chicago Bears, Justin Fields “liked” tossing two passes to the Green and Gold in the fourth quarter. One to Jaire Alexander and another errant throw went to Keisean Nixon.

Bears fans know the meaning of “Sweetness”.

For this Packer fan this win was especially “sweet”. Sweet because I had to listen to the raucous barbs of the fans of Navy Blue and Orange for over three quarters. The majority of boisterous epitaphs were quite vulgar. So to anyone who would like to minimize this win because they wanted a “tank” performance, go ahead wish what you will…. this team did not quit. Dang, I am really proud of the guys in Green and Gold. Packer Pride at its finest. Well done team. I’m blessed that I could be there to see it in person.
Seeing how this team didn't quit while we are having a disappointing season speaks volumes about the guys and the staff. MLF has not lost the locker room.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
05 Dec 2022 13:44
Literally the only possible option after like 5 seconds into the play.
Great play by Watson shaking free and the OL buying time...but damn the passing game struggled on Sunday. Then I remembered that Luke Getsy, current bears coach, sat in offensive meetings with Rodgers for 5 full seasons and knows exactly how/where AR-MLF like to attack.
So its not a total surprise that the bears were well-prepared and blanketing the Packers WRs.
IT. IS. TIME

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BSA wrote:
05 Dec 2022 18:16
Great play by Watson shaking free and the OL buying time...but damn the passing game struggled on Sunday. Then I remembered that Luke Getsy, current bears coach, sat in offensive meetings with Rodgers for 5 full seasons and knows exactly how/where AR-MLF like to attack.
So its not a total surprise that the bears were well-prepared and blanketing the Packers WRs.
I had this thought multiple times during the game; Bears pass defense looked very savvy to Rodgers's tendencies.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don't think its a big secret, but never saw it said anywhere.

But Matt LaFleur is 8-0 against the Bears. Don't care how, who or what, that is outstanding.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Here's how they set up Watson for the dagger:

https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... the-motion
The Packers' victory at Soldier Field will be remembered for rookie receiver Christian Watson's game-clinching 46-yard TD run off jet motion.

But a lot went into setting up that knockout blow.

The Packers didn't run Watson in motion until their ninth offensive snap of the game, but from there, he motioned across the formation eight different times.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2022 12:40
Here's how they set up Watson for the dagger:

https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... the-motion
The Packers' victory at Soldier Field will be remembered for rookie receiver Christian Watson's game-clinching 46-yard TD run off jet motion.

But a lot went into setting up that knockout blow.

The Packers didn't run Watson in motion until their ninth offensive snap of the game, but from there, he motioned across the formation eight different times.
When MLF gave the play call, Rodgers asked if he should tell Watson to score.

Pretty cool that the offense was that confident when given the play call.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

and according to know it all Pckfn 23 motion and sweeps have no affect on a defense pre snap :lol:

the one play they decide not to honor his motion Watson burns them big, on several plays the lbers took themselves right out of the play because they did respect it.

If motion and jet sweeps didn't feeze a defense offenses wouldn't do it so much.
Last edited by Yoop on 06 Dec 2022 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Bares not ready and Watson can run fast. TD.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2022 12:59
and according to know it all Pckfn 23 motion and sweeps have no affect on a defense pre snap :lol:
Nope never said that. Please don't lie.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:04
Yoop wrote:
the hell you didn't, If I didn't feel like wasting my time I'd go and drag up the post you claimed it, motion, sweeps, wtf anything that happens in the backfield pre snap gets the defenses attention, a fking 2 year old knows that smart ass

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:00
Bares not ready and Watson can run fast. TD.
Wally, it wasn't that the Bears werent ready, the prior Watson sweeps, where mostly just deception, the one play they don't honor it is what allowed the TD run, your down playing what it took to set up the run

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:

the one play they decide not to honor his motion Watson burns them big, on several plays the lbers took themselves right out of the play because they did respect it.

If motion and jet sweeps didn't feeze a defense offenses wouldn't do it so much.
I'm sick of this reality, can I live in yours? :toke:

I'm pretty certain [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] was among the many posters who lamented the disappearance of motion at times in this offense.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:25
Yoop wrote:

I'm pretty certain @Pckfn23 was among the many posters who lamented the disappearance of motion at times in this offense.
whatever, I know what he said to me Starks, we see lbers shift to motion pre snap regularly and in that vid it's obvious. :mrgreen:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:04
Yoop wrote:
the hell you didn't, If I didn't feel like wasting my time I'd go and drag up the post you claimed it, motion, sweeps, wtf anything that happens in the backfield pre snap gets the defenses attention, a fking 2 year old knows that smart ass
100% did not say that. You are again showing your lack of reading comprehension and your propensity to drag topics into other threads that have nothing to do with the OP. Again, please stop lying.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:31
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:25
Yoop wrote:

I'm pretty certain @Pckfn23 was among the many posters who lamented the disappearance of motion at times in this offense.
whatever, I know what he said to me Starks, we see lbers shift to motion pre snap regularly and in that vid it's obvious. :mrgreen:
Your lack of a fundamental understanding of football leads to you not comprehending what is written here and you refuse to learn. You obviously do not know what I said. I NEVER said "motion and sweeps have no affect on a defense pre snap." Never once as that is simply not true.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

What I did say is that ILBs do not have to react to motion by WRs to be gap sound in a 1 gap run defense. They can and I specifically mentioned bumping them.