2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Dec 2022 13:10
I don't get the bitterness in this thread lately? :idn: The teams are what they are. Packers suck and Queens have a good record but are not a team that will do much in the playoffs; teams that need to win a lot of close games, yet also get blown out (by Dallas, Buffalo) and have below average defenses, just don't get it done in January.

For all of the above, it is just how it is.
Quite a few folks haven’t accepted the packers suck yet. Some still think it will be the packers that eliminate the Vikings in the playoffs. Wild stuff.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Or, as was stated.... Countless times in this thread and others.... :roll:

We have enough threads to complain about the Packers success, production, talent, etc. Please go knock yourself out there. This thread is for discussing playoffs, playoff scenarios, etc.

Also again, discussing other teams in the playoff hunt or Packer possibilities or scenarios, however unlikely, does not in any way shape or form indicate someone thinks it will happen or that the Packers are good this year.

Sometimes can't tell if you guys are trolling, are just that dense, or flat out idiots.

So again, please, if you next comment involves some variation of 'packers suck' or 'some people think the packers are good', please do not hijack this thread or other threads where that doesn't belong.

And honestly not sure what bitterness you are talking about, other than posts like the one above mine or the fact that yoop is posting, but isn't that the expectation by now?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
07 Dec 2022 16:52
Or, as was stated.... Countless times in this thread and others.... :roll:

We have enough threads to complain about the Packers success, production, talent, etc. Please go knock yourself out there. This thread is for discussing playoffs, playoff scenarios, etc.
Maybe I was confusing threads. I often will read some stuff (usually skim) then come back and comment later, so it might not be the correct thread.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Dec 2022 16:17
wallyuwl wrote:
I don't get the bitterness in this thread lately? :idn: The teams are what they are. Packers suck and Queens have a good record but are not a team that will do much in the playoffs; teams that need to win a lot of close games, yet also get blown out (by Dallas, Buffalo) and have below average defenses, just don't get it done in January.

Quite a few folks haven’t accepted the packers suck yet. Some still think it will be the packers that eliminate the Vikings in the playoffs. Wild stuff.
Wow. Talk about some delusional fans . The Vikes need to win one game out five to make the playoffs.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
07 Dec 2022 21:36
Drj820 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Wow. Talk about some delusional fans . The Vikes need to win one game out five to make the playoffs.
Yeah I don't know who these "quite a few folks" DrJ has been talking about. I certainly haven't seen any on this forum.

yoop is probably about it but even he admits as the Packers currently stand we aren't a good team. Cripes. Even Ringo isn't talking playoffs. Maybe DrJ hangs out with a lot of Packers fans in real life in Georgia who think this? :idn:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2022 08:16
Raptorman wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah I don't know who these "quite a few folks" DrJ has been talking about. I certainly haven't seen any on this forum.

yoop is probably about it but even he admits as the Packers currently stand we aren't a good team. Cripes. Even Ringo isn't talking playoffs. Maybe DrJ hangs out with a lot of Packers fans in real life in Georgia who think this? :idn:
not exactly, I think the defense has plenty of talent minus some key injury's, but the healthy players have under achieved do mostly to scheme complications

Offense has been in growing pains all season, it started two fold with lack of experience at WR and injury's with OL, but now where starting to see improvement with the offense, but nothing will change with the defense, sure we got Campbell back, but the loss of Gary, Stokes is still felt every week, and Barry's 3rd try as a DC has been a major fail in his second season here too.

I realize the odds are stacked against us to win out, reality is obvious, but I've seen worse teams turn it around, I still believe players have pride, and can play up to that, hell we've seen it happen in our own division for years with the Vikes, Lions, and Bears, they had absolutely nothing to play for, yet ya see them never give up and fight till the whistle in the waning games of losing seasons, and I expect that of this team too.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2022 09:56
go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2022 08:16
Raptorman wrote:

not exactly, I think the defense has plenty of talent minus some key injury's, but the healthy players have under achieved do mostly to scheme complications

Offense has been in growing pains all season, it started two fold with lack of experience at WR and injury's with OL, but now where starting to see improvement with the offense, but nothing will change with the defense, sure we got Campbell back, but the loss of Gary, Stokes is still felt every week, and Barry's 3rd try as a DC has been a major fail in his second season here too.

I realize the odds are stacked against us to win out, reality is obvious, but I've seen worse teams turn it around, I still believe players have pride, and can play up to that, hell we've seen it happen in our own division for years with the Vikes, Lions, and Bears, they had absolutely nothing to play for, yet ya see them never give up and fight till the whistle in the waning games of losing seasons, and I expect that of this team too.
I think [mention]Drj820[/mention] and others that may think similarly to him still don't get what the "homers" are saying sometimes. I have $100 in my pocket. I am not even betting a $5-spot that the Packers make the playoffs. But, if ball bounces here or there, and one of the very unlikely scenarios come to fruition and the Packers make it to the postseason, then what?

I have learned that all bets are off in the playoffs. If we get there, who knows what will happen.

[mention]Raptorman[/mention]

Are you really looking at a potential Packers-Vikings match-up in January (even in Minneapolis) and chalking that up as a win without a second thought? That seems more delusional to me then understanding the simple reality that stranger things have happened. Doesn't mean I think they will, big difference.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Giants look set to lose.

They haven’t won a game since Nov 13th.

I think they are the pretenders we all assumed them to be. 3 of the next 4 on the road, @ Washington, @ Minny, @ Philly.

Philly might have a meaningless game, but I could see them likely to play starters and try to eliminate a division foe.

Let’s go Panthers!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Lions are setting themselves up nicely for a postseason opportunity.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I have no idea what you guys are thinking with respect to the Packers making the playoffs. The only thing GB is getting is a Snickers - they ain't going anywhere for awhile.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
11 Dec 2022 15:13
The Lions are setting themselves up nicely for a postseason opportunity.
yep, there finding ways to win, they have a inspirational coach, and are playing some good football, there my Cinderella team this year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
11 Dec 2022 15:14
I have no idea what you guys are thinking with respect to the Packers making the playoffs. The only thing GB is getting is a Snickers - they ain't going anywhere for awhile.
Just read the damn thread. We don't need another smarta$$ talking up this "army" of Packer homers convinced we are on a playoff run.

Read the thread and you will see nobody is talking playoffs beyond a ridulous 2 percent chance. This thread is simply about scenarios for the entire NFC.
Last edited by go pak go on 11 Dec 2022 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
What are we thinking with respect to the Packers making the playoffs? There is still a mathematical chance, so we fleshed that out. No one is giving us a realistic chance, not even in this thread...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

go pak go wrote:
11 Dec 2022 15:27
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Just read the damn thread. We don't need another smarta$$ talking up this "army" of Packer homers convinced we are on a playoff run.

Read the thread and you will see nobody is talking playoffs beyond a ridulous 2 percent chance. This thread is simply about scenarios for the entire NFC.

I read the thread, from the very beginning. People clearly thought that GB had a chance, and no doubt some still do.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yes, GB does still have a mathematical chance, a very small one. No one has said or even implied any differenly.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Seattle down 17-0 early. Wow

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don’t mean to offend anyone who doesn’t like us following along to football and impact on the packers, on a packers football forum, but Seahawks and Giants both lost today.

Anyone still rooting for the packers, best case scenario this week.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Giants lost! Seahawks lost!

We’re practically wild card bound already! Woohoo!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2022 18:38
Don’t mean to offend anyone who doesn’t like us following along to football and impact on the packers, on a packers football forum, but Seahawks and Giants both lost today.

Nah, Lions won so we’re still outside losers looking in.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
11 Dec 2022 18:44
BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2022 18:38

Nah, Lions won so we’re still outside losers looking in.
It still does look like we control our own destiny with Detroit. We appear to have the tiebreaker over Detroit at 9-8 most likely due to SoS.

This could be an absolute wild playoff race.
Yoop wrote: