2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2022 18:38
Don’t mean to offend anyone who doesn’t like us following along to football and impact on the packers, on a packers football forum, but Seahawks and Giants both lost today.

Anyone still rooting for the packers, best case scenario this week.
Heck yes. GO PACK GO!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I feel my hopes getting up a little bit. :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

It's not realistic to think the Packers have any hope at all, we are being unrealistic fans :rotf:

till someone shows me we mathematically are eliminated, then we still have a chance.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
11 Dec 2022 19:02
APB wrote:
11 Dec 2022 18:44
BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2022 18:38
Don’t mean to offend anyone who doesn’t like us following along to football and impact on the packers, on a packers football forum, but Seahawks and Giants both lost today.

Anyone still rooting for the packers, best case scenario this week.
Nah, Lions won so we’re still outside losers looking in.
It still does look like we control our own destiny with Detroit. We appear to have the tiebreaker over Detroit at 9-8 most likely due to SoS.

This could be an absolute wild playoff race.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
11 Dec 2022 20:07
I feel my hopes getting up a little bit. :oops:
One week at a time. Yesterdays scores did nothing but help.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
11 Dec 2022 20:36
It's not realistic to think the Packers have any hope at all, we are being unrealistic fans :rotf:

till someone shows me we mathematically are eliminated, then we still have a chance.
It’s stupid to even hope, the packers are done. I always throw away my lottery tickets before the winning numbers come out because I don’t like my odds.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
12 Dec 2022 08:12
Yoop wrote:

It’s stupid to even hope, the packers are done. I always throw away my lottery tickets before the winning numbers come out because I don’t like my odds.

Don't we have to win out? The only games left I feel we have a shot at are Miami and next Monday against the Rams. If 2 teams get in from the NFCN they will be MN and Detroit.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Pugger wrote:
12 Dec 2022 09:06
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Don't we have to win out? The only games left I feel we have a shot at are Miami and next Monday against the Rams. If 2 teams get in from the NFCN they will be MN and Detroit.
If we win out our odds of getting in are better than not. If we could see the packers play to their potential they could win out. I’m not expecting playoffs but won’t give up until the math says so. If we do get in I think we are a tough out.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

With Seattle and New York losing our odds went up 2 percentage points!

Our remaining schedule:

Rams: 4-9
Dolphins: 8-5
Vikings: 10-3
Lions: 6-7
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Madcity_matt wrote:
12 Dec 2022 09:17
Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:

If we win out our odds of getting in are better than not. If we could see the packers play to their potential they could win out. I’m not expecting playoffs but won’t give up until the math says so. If we do get in I think we are a tough out.
The Packer's biggest problem in getting in right now is the Tie between the Giants and Commies. The Packers have to win one more game than either one to beat them, the same number of wins won't do it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Raptorman wrote:
12 Dec 2022 11:33
Madcity_matt wrote:
Pugger wrote:

The Packer's biggest problem in getting in right now is the Tie between the Giants and Commies. The Packers have to win one more game than either one to beat them, the same number of wins won't do it.
Look at their schedules.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Probably the biggest obstacle was the Seahawks, but them losing to the Panthers was big. That was one upset I didn't see coming.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If you win percentage it and then change the ties to home team winning, while having the Packers win out, the Packers make it. Not a crazy scenario like we were talking about last week. The last part of that being the least likely unfortunately.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
Madcity_matt wrote:
Pugger wrote:

That's actually not a problem for us because we lost the tie breaker to both of them anyways. If anything the tie helps as the same amount of losses now puts GB ahead.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Who all needs to win to have the Packers eliminated if we lose Monday?

Just crazy how I was convinced a loss to CHI would have eliminated us but now am looking at scenarios that we can't be eliminated two weeks later with a loss

I feel like if Seattle loses to SF, we cannot be eliminated after a Rams loss. Am I correct in that?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Dec 2022 12:14
The last part of that being the least likely unfortunately.
I'm fine with that scenario, though. If we can't go on a run we deserve to be put out of our misery.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
12 Dec 2022 13:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Dec 2022 12:14
The last part of that being the least likely unfortunately.
I'm fine with that scenario, though. If we can't go on a run we deserve to be put out of our misery.
Definitely. We go 4-0 and I think we deserve a shot to see what we can pull out in the playoffs. We go 3-1, we don't deserve it.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 12 Dec 2022 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Dec 2022 13:45

Just crazy how I was convinced a loss to CHI would have eliminated us but now am looking at scenarios that we can't be eliminated two weeks later with a loss

I feel like if Seattle loses to SF, we cannot be eliminated after a Rams loss. Am I correct in that?
If Seattle wins and we lose, we are officially eliminated.

If Seattle loses and we lose, we still have a shot, however it would mean Seattle, New York, and Washington would all have to lose out, Lions lose 1 extra game other than against us, and we win out.

In essence, if we lose on Monday it is essentially over, but not necessarily mathematically.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Raptorman wrote:
Madcity_matt wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Actually since they lost head to head to both of them, it's probably best that they did tie.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Dec 2022 14:17
go pak go wrote:
12 Dec 2022 13:45

If Seattle wins and we lose, we are officially eliminated.

If Seattle loses and we lose, we still have a shot, however it would mean Seattle, New York, and Washington would all have to lose out, Lions lose 1 extra game other than against us, and we win out.

In essence, if we lose on Monday it is essentially over, but not necessarily mathematically.
Yeah. I'm just trying to do some "maybe Jordan Love plays scenarios". Love may play in Miami if we are mathematically eliminated. I doubt he does if we are still alive.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Giants (7-5-1) remaining games:
@COM 7-5-1
@MIN 10-3
IND 4-8-1
@PHI 12-1

Commanders (7-5-1) remaining games:
NYG 7-5-1
@SF 9-4
CLE 5-8
DAL 10-3

Seahawks (7-6) remaining games:
SF 9-4
@KC 10-3
NYJ 7-6
LAR 4-9

Packers (5-8) remaining games:
LAR 4-9
@MIA 8-5
MIN 10-3
DET 6-7

Will update should we win on Monday.