Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

She’s back…

:lol: :lol:

Love this gal!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
13 Dec 2022 18:26
She’s back…

:lol: :lol:

Love this gal!
Needs to dye her roots, but :guitar: :cheer: :grin: :rodeo: :cheese: :aok: :salute: :stanta: :usa: :worship: :jam: :lombardi: :beer2:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Dec 2022 15:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Dec 2022 22:29
Looks like Kyler Murray is done until at least Oct.
Another non-contact injury in a season that has so many injuries.
Wonder what the field surface is there? His foot just stuck.

Was clear the second it happened it was an ACL: anterior translation of the shamk with a little rotation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The pink taco has natural grass. Rolls out of the stadium.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Dec 2022 00:02
Needs to dye her roots, but...
The &%$@ you key in on... :dunno:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
14 Dec 2022 05:44
wallyuwl wrote:
Really... she is funny, roots and all.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am rooting for her, :grin:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Dan Campbell is such a trip. I don't know if he's a good, bad, or lucky coach.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Dec 2022 22:29
Looks like Kyler Murray is done until at least Oct.
Just saw that AZ GM Steve Keim is taking an indefinite break from football for health reasons.
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
14 Dec 2022 05:44
wallyuwl wrote:
I was thinkin' ............ :thwap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2022 08:56
Been saying it for years. A good QB that doesn't make stupid mistakes and a good defense is almost unbeatable. You don't need a HOF QB to win the Super Bowl. Just one that doesn't do stupid things.

My two teams for the Super Bowl this year are San Fran and Buffalo. With Buffalo coming out on the short end. They will be the second team to lose 5 Super Bowls.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
16 Dec 2022 11:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Dec 2022 08:56
Been saying it for years. A good QB that doesn't make stupid mistakes and a good defense is almost unbeatable. You don't need a HOF QB to win the Super Bowl. Just one that doesn't do stupid things.

My two teams for the Super Bowl this year are San Fran and Buffalo. With Buffalo coming out on the short end. They will be the second team to lose 5 Super Bowls.
ahhhh, Denver and NE already have lost 5, with the Vikes and Bills both have lost it 4 times, this is the Bill year if they bring there A game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Raptorman wrote:
Is that your way of telling us you don’t think the Vikings have a chance?
Raptorman wrote:
SF and Buffalo, the Super Bowl in the 90’s we all wanted but never got.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2022 23:10
Raptorman wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Well, unless our defense steps up...........not a chance. Also, if Green Bay ever had another good defense.............But then people think it was all Brady in New England.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

With the passing of Miss. coach Mike Leach, one of the original air raid, spread vertical passing Guru's, MaHomes and other pay tribute to the man for all he's done for the game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-leach ... 00141.html

Mississippi State head coach Mike Leach died this week, generating a well-deserved outpouring of not just sympathy, but appreciation for his impact on the game of football.

From his former players and assistants becoming prominent coaches (Lincoln Riley, Josh Heupel, Kliff Kingsbury) to the way his Air-Raid offense changed football from high school to the NFL (five-wide formations, fourth-down aggressiveness), nothing is quite the same.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
16 Dec 2022 23:18
BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2022 23:10
Raptorman wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Well, unless our defense steps up...........not a chance. Also, if Green Bay ever had another good defense.............But then people think it was all Brady in New England.
NO PEOPLE DONT, NE's defenses where very good, but so was Brady.

and the Vikes are where they are this season mostly do to very good offense, and the Niners have been winning because of there offense, your idea that your team can't dance because the defense isn't as good as it use to be is false, offense wins more trophy's then defense ever has, offenses rely on defense to hold a lead and they fail miserably at it, often the last team to have the ball goes home with the Lombardi, and thats because the last team to score beats that defense.
and please spare me the stats that the winning teams hold opponents to less then 20 points a game, or 17 pts, or whatever it is, I respect those numbers, thats great, but minus the offense those numbers don't mean much

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I posted last spring the data of SB teams (conference champs) the last 20 years and what they have in common.

It showed that SB teams usually had a top 5 unit, either offense or defense and the other side of the ball was generally top 10 but occasionally top 15 unit.

Top offenses had more cushion for the defense to be top 15 whereas top defenses generally needed closer to a top 10 offense and especially a good STs unit. However, more SB teams had top 3 defenses than top 3 offenses...meaning top 3 offenses didn't make the big game as often as a top 3 defense did.

The overwhelming theme was SB teams didn't have a liability. Usually the other side wasn't lower than top 15 in any of the categories.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2022 10:10
I posted last spring the data of SB teams (conference champs) the last 20 years and what they have in common.

It showed that SB teams usually had a top 5 unit, either offense or defense and the other side of the ball was generally top 10 but occasionally top 15 unit.

Top offenses had more cushion for the defense to be top 15 whereas top defenses generally needed closer to a top 10 offense and especially a good STs unit. However, more SB teams had top 3 defenses than top 3 offenses...meaning top 3 offenses didn't make the big game as often as a top 3 defense did.

The overwhelming theme was SB teams didn't have a liability. Usually the other side wasn't lower than top 15 in any of the categories.
that could be, being good on both sides of the ball obviously is the goal, but that article I brought in the other thread shows that in the last 3 or 4 years the best defenses in the league didn't even make it past the WC round, couple that with the resources used to produce those defenses, and it went to waste.

just look what we've spent to get what we have this year, defense is to inconsistent to rely on year to year, and our team is a great example of that, and actually our team is sorta the norm, one year to the next is almost impossible to predict concerning defense.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
17 Dec 2022 10:43
go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2022 10:10

that could be, being good on both sides of the ball obviously is the goal, but that article I brought in the other thread shows that in the last 3 or 4 years the best defenses in the league didn't even make it past the WC round, couple that with the resources used to produce those defenses, and it went to waste.

just look what we've spent to get what we have this year, defense is to inconsistent to rely on year to year, and our team is a great example of that, and actually our team is sorta the norm, one year to the next is almost impossible to predict concerning defense.
Interestingly to me at least, the 1996 Packers D was ranked #1. And the 2010 Packers D was ranked #2. The 1997 Packers D was ranked #5 (Denver's 1997 Defense was ranked #6).