The next 200 page Aaron Rodgers thread (aka QB controversy)

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
02 Dec 2022 09:26
Pugger wrote:
02 Dec 2022 09:04
Labrev wrote:
01 Dec 2022 21:49

TB12 and MJ cared more about winning championships. Brady took a pay cut to win more rings. MJ could have played and padded stats for way longer.
Rodgers wasn't married to a woman was worth almost double the amount of his worth so it was easy for Brady to take a pay "cut".
I mean are we really splitting hairs and justifying whether $250 million household net worth or $500 million household net worth is the reason why a person is willing to take a pay cut? (don't actually look into my math. I just did some high level estimates based on 15 years of contract at over $25 million a year or so)

It's not about the actual dollars at that level. It's about the personality and perceived justification of the employer valuing their services and weighing the cost benefit of winning vs losing compared to paycheck size.

I am very confident Aaron Rodgers could be married to Oprah and he'd still go for the max dollar because the dollar value isn't actually about what the money can buy you but instead the worth and validation the money labels you.

$100 Million Net Worth even at 5% return is $5 million a year for doing absolutely nothing. Even your super rich fancy guys can live happily on $5 million a year (and that's not even taking from the actual nest egg itself)

No. I don't believe it's about needing the money to spend. I believe it is about what the money represents in terms of respect. And I can confidently say this because Aaron Rodgers has literally said this on shows like Pat McFee. He said something to the tune of "it isn't about the money. It's about the respect"
David Bakhtiari has said the exact same thing. Players want to be paid what they are worth. The contract means something to their peers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Dec 2022 06:10
David Bakhtiari has said the exact same thing. Players want to be paid what they are worth. The contract means something to their peers.
It means something, but not a lot. I have never heard of any of Tom Brady's teammates dissing him for not squeezing every possible penny out of his contracts.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
22 Dec 2022 03:34
lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Dec 2022 06:10
It means something, but not a lot. I have never heard of any of Tom Brady's teammates dissing him for not squeezing every possible penny out of his contracts.
:rotf: not from his WR's thats for sure :lol:

rings have provided Brady with the respect others use contract dollars to get, why that is not obvious to you I can only guess dsr :dunno: