Rams @ Packers GDT: Monday, Dec. 19th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:34
Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:18
Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:14

you don't know that, he might have got in, and it wasn't his fault, it was WATSONs fault, with so much blame every week being thrown at Rodgers it's probably a natural reaction to become defensive, I love how you and others want to defend these rookies and whine about Rodgers. :rotf:
Who cares if it was watsons fault? It’s quite obvious Watson wasn’t on the same page as his QB. My point was just that Rodgers just HAD to make sure we all knew that, and that I’ve never seen a qb throw his receiver under the bus after a win.
It happens all the time, and it was good natured, He was asked about the play and gave a direct answer, hell Rodgers never had to tell me anything, I new Watson screwed up, just as well as I know even the best of receivers and QB screw pass route, or pitch points, these guys don't have mental telepathy, yet Rodgers gets the blame.
You would defend rodgers no matter what. I bet if he took 50 million of the cap, did hallucigenics in the off-season instead of attend OTAs with new receivers, threatened to retire, and only started watching film with the guys a few weeks ago that you would still defend him
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:39
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Who cares if it was watsons fault? It’s quite obvious Watson wasn’t on the same page as his QB. My point was just that Rodgers just HAD to make sure we all knew that, and that I’ve never seen a qb throw his receiver under the bus after a win.
It happens all the time, and it was good natured, He was asked about the play and gave a direct answer, hell Rodgers never had to tell me anything, I new Watson screwed up, just as well as I know even the best of receivers and QB screw pass route, or pitch points, these guys don't have mental telepathy, yet Rodgers gets the blame.
You would defend rodgers no matter what. I bet if he took 50 million of the cap, did hallucigenics in the off-season instead of attend OTAs with new receivers, threatened to retire, and only started watching film with the guys a few weeks ago that you would still defend him
why are you so gullible to believe all that 3rd party bull, I don't give a &%$@ that Rodgers did the hallucigence, or even lied about being vaxed, as to film study, mostly rumors, you make it sound as though Rodgers isn't serious about winning, when we've heard he spends more time watching film then the coaches, why wouldn't I defend him, he has been the best QB in team history.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:59
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

why are you so gullible to believe all that 3rd party bull, I don't give a &%$@ that Rodgers did the hallucigence, or even lied about being vaxed, as to film study, mostly rumors, you make it sound as though Rodgers isn't serious about winning, when we've heard he spends more time watching film then the coaches, why wouldn't I defend him, he has been the best QB in team history.
That’s all stuff he said himself bud. But beyond that, look up how many super bowls Bart Starr won for the Packers organization and then comeback and apologize.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:03
go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2022 22:54
Found it ironic that an article on Rodgers strange hand signals and "two offenses" comes out and then Rodgers throws a pick
(Lazard definitely did the right thing) and yells at Watson for not being in his page.

Maybe when everyone else has a hard time with you Rodgers....it isn't the WRs who are actually the problem.
It’s like rodgers expects rookies to know what he knows after he’s been in the league for almost two decades. Shocking we have 8 losses
It really isn't that hard. This is their job and they spend alot of time on it.

Also all they do is be a receiver - seeing what the defence is doing or remember a certain signal verbal or hand is not hard.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That was my 11th game and it never fails I get goose bumps at the start of games. Lambeau is a special place!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Dec 2022 00:04
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

That’s all stuff he said himself bud. But beyond that, look up how many super bowls Bart Starr won for the Packers organization and then comeback and apologize.
Lol I thought you would get Yoop with that one, however of that list the only thing which is a negative is OTA's. It isn't even that big of a problem, but it would be good from a leadership perspective for him to be there.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Oh please, Bart Starr had 10 other HOF team mates, Rodgers doesn't even have a shadow of that, most of this team has vastly under performed this year and to hear some of you it's only been Rodgers.

also I'd like to see the context where Rodgers said he doesn't do film study with the receivers, because there is no way I'd believe something like that, are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2022 00:23
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Oh please, Bart Starr had 10 other HOF team mates, Rodgers doesn't even have a shadow of that, most of this team has vastly under performed this year and to hear some of you it's only been Rodgers.

also I'd like to see the context where Rodgers said he doesn't do film study with the receivers, because there is no way I'd believe something like that, are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic.
Rodgers would find a way to lose an NFCCG if every other player on his team was a HOFer. I’m surprised you would disrespect Bart like that. I can’t continue this conversation any longer since you have no respect for the people that built our great franchise

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

So basically what he did in the 2022 offseason?

I guess my stance is primarily wanting a QB who is growing up with the guys. I just think it's a weird dynamic when you have a QB at a place so long that he gets his own schedule, own office, hangs out with only his buddies, etc. There is something to a young and hungry QB growing up with his team that makes team bonding special.

I just don't see that with 12 anymore. And it's too bad because I really, really like the young players on this team. This rookie class looks special. The defense is nowhere near championship caliber and will need a re-haul but you can see the foundation with the offense. I would be curious to see how this Oline performs against a good Dline. They have played trash the last two weeks. Curious how they would handle a SF.

My guess is I don't want to know the answer....though I thought they performed pretty well vs Philly.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also. Huge shout out to Davonte Wyatt.

Maybe I am missing something but it just seems like he never gets any snaps. But when he does get snaps...the dude makes plays. He had the sack and also had a great play they double teamed him which allowed Clark to get pressure on the left side.

Quay Walker also had a pretty good game. Had a few run plays he needs to do better but overall was pleased.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:14

you don't know that, he might have got in, and it wasn't his fault, it was WATSONs fault, with so much blame every week being thrown at Rodgers it's probably a natural reaction to become defensive, I love how you and others want to defend these rookies and whine about Rodgers. :rotf:
A lot of fans have turned on Rodgers even tho he is still our starter. Fans didn't turn on Favre until he signed with MN.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Starr had a better HC and team around him than either Favre or Rodgers ever did for over a decade.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2022 22:41
Only rodgers would publically throw his rookie receiver under the bus after a victory
After Watson didn't turn around for that last pass I thought I saw AR smile and slap Watson's helmet in the huddle.
You sure did! And they were joking about it on the sideline. Was a silent play change that Watson didn't look back and see. He thought it was still a run. Hand signals work well but only if you see them lol

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 06:45
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I guess my stance is primarily wanting a QB who is growing up with the guys. I just think it's a weird dynamic when you have a QB at a place so long that he gets his own schedule, own office, hangs out with only his buddies, etc. There is something to a young and hungry QB growing up with his team that makes team bonding special.

I just don't see that with 12 anymore. And it's too bad because I really, really like the young players on this team. This rookie class looks special. The defense is nowhere near championship caliber and will need a re-haul but you can see the foundation with the offense. I would be curious to see how this Oline performs against a good Dline. They have played trash the last two weeks. Curious how they would handle a SF.

My guess is I don't want to know the answer....though I thought they performed pretty well vs Philly.
When did Rodgers get his own office? I thought that was Favre...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 07:10

Maybe I am missing something but it just seems like he never gets any snaps. But when he does get snaps...the dude makes plays. He had the sack and also had a great play they double teamed him which allowed Clark to get pressure on the left side.

Quay Walker also had a pretty good game. Had a few run plays he needs to do better but overall was pleased.
I suspect it is because Wyatt is a rookie playing behind Lowry and Reed. I agree with you - he needs more snaps.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:33
go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 07:10

I suspect it is because Wyatt is a rookie playing behind Lowry and Reed.
That's literally my whole point of being disappointed with this coaching staff.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:31
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Never said Rodgers had his own office.

First paragraph was more about generalities that long time QBs have a different dynamic with a young team as they aren't as much of the "part of the guys" since they aren't in that growth struggle like the rest of the team.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:48
Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:31
go pak go wrote:

Never said Rodgers had his own office.

First paragraph was more about generalities that long time QBs have a different dynamic with a young team as they aren't as much of the "part of the guys" since they aren't in that growth struggle like the rest of the team.
OIC

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:25
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

A lot of fans have turned on Rodgers even tho he is still our starter. Fans didn't turn on Favre until he signed with MN.
they've become hate filled concerning Rodgers, actually some seem upset that he is our starter, that we won, that where not tanking for draft picks and playing Love.

this was a great win for the players and us fans, those that couldn't enjoy it didn't want to, instead they look for something to complain about as DR J did.

Watson not paying attention for a play change can be and was a simple rookie mistake, but it's also reminiscent of other simple mistakes our seasoned vets have been making all year on this defense, Rasul Douglas still plays the run well, but his coverage ability has drastically declined, and it seems to be because he acts dumb founded most of the time, same with others on this defense, our players act confused to often