2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

LombardiTime wrote:
19 Dec 2022 14:47
go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2022 09:35
Crazy that our playoff hopes may come down to a terribly timed poor penalty called on Eric Stokes.
Sad that our that our playoff hopes may come down to a stubborn refusal to move on from Amari Rodgers as the team's punt returner.
What? :dunno:
Duh. I get it now. Was hoping to forget about those fumbles.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

So do we have about an 8% chance now?

Lol.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Dec 2022 22:22

Lol.
I believe they said 12% with the win
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Dec 2022 20:45
LombardiTime wrote:
go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2022 09:35
Crazy that our playoff hopes may come down to a terribly timed poor penalty called on Eric Stokes.
Sad that our that our playoff hopes may come down to a stubborn refusal to move on from Amari Rodgers as the team's punt returner.
Go back and watch the Washington game (no, don't really do that), but the Pack is up 7-0 and had back to back 3 and outs on D to start the game and Amari fumbles a punt killing the team's momentum in that game.

Washington only got 3 out of that fumble after recovering inside the 20, but the Pack lost the game 23-21.

And guess which team is likely going to be the 7th seed if not Green Bay or Detroit. 7-6-1 Washington.

Amari Rodgers should not have been a returner in 2021. Allowing him to return, even after all the muffs & fumbles, in 2022 was unforgiveable.

That Nixon was obviously a better option and was on the roster when Rodgers was doing his thing is unconscionable.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Foosball wrote:
19 Dec 2022 17:51
We may need another Josh McCown to come through for the Pack. He’s out there some where.
Carson Wentz would do the trick if Washington is dumb enough to put him back in

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
19 Dec 2022 22:24
Scott4Pack wrote:

Lol.
71% with doing their part and winning the last three

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:32
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Lol.
Maybe the January 7-8 Detroit game will be meaningful. Strangers things have not happened. :rotf:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lake shark wrote:
19 Dec 2022 15:59
Given how crappy the season has been, if you look at it, the path to redemption is essentially laid. The playoffs begin today boys ‘n girls.
Granted they have to keep winning, but in the playoffs, if you don't lose you keep advancing. If the Pack keeps winning, there's only a chance they keep on going.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Lol.
I think we need a couple of teams above us to lose also. Washington has to play the 49ers, Browns and Cowboys so they could lose 2 of those. NYG play the Vikes, Colts and Eagles so they too could lose a couple. The seachickens have to face the Chiefs and Jets before their last game against the Rams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... xg948xy2i3

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The next big game is Washington at SF.

If the 49ers lose to Washington...that hurts our chances significantly.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:49
wallyuwl wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

I think we need a couple of teams above us to lose also. Washington has to play the 49ers, Browns and Cowboys so they could lose 2 of those. NYG play the Vikes, Colts and Eagles so they too could lose a couple. The seachickens have to face the Chiefs and Jets before their last game against the Rams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... xg948xy2i3
Our playoff scenario is as follows:

Packers win out plus +

Washington loses 2 AND Seattle loses one

OR

NYG loses all 3 AND Seattle loses one

OR

Washington loses 2 AND NYG loses all 3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or

Packers win 2 of 3 (1 must be vs DET) +

Washington loses all 3 AND Seattle loses 2 of 3 AND Detroit loses one of next 2
Last edited by go pak go on 20 Dec 2022 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:52

Our playoff scenario is as follows:

Packers win out plus +

Washington loses 2 AND Seattle loses one

OR

NYG loses all 3 AND Seattle loses one

------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, Packers win out, Washington loses 2 of 3 and NYG loses 3

Just need any two of NYG, Washington and Seattle to falter. Seattle to lose 1, Washington to lose 2, New York to lose 3,

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

The funny thing about all these scenarios is that I still think everyone else will do their part and that the least likely scenario is that Packers winning out.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
20 Dec 2022 10:08
The funny thing about all these scenarios is that I still think everyone else will do their part and that the least likely scenario is that Packers winning out.
Absolutely, that is by far the most likely component holding us back.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
20 Dec 2022 10:20
Acrobat wrote:
I also think the most difficult game is on deck, which I prefer. I just like our odds against Minnesota and Detroit at home if everything is still riding on winning. Minnesota has won 3 of the last 5 against us. I think LaFleur, Rodgers, and company will be out for a little revenge in that one. LaFleur looking to avoid his first divisional series sweep in each game.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

LombardiTime wrote:
19 Dec 2022 22:30
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Dec 2022 20:45
LombardiTime wrote:

Go back and watch the Washington game (no, don't really do that), but the Pack is up 7-0 and had back to back 3 and outs on D to start the game and Amari fumbles a punt killing the team's momentum in that game.

Washington only got 3 out of that fumble after recovering inside the 20, but the Pack lost the game 23-21.

And guess which team is likely going to be the 7th seed if not Green Bay or Detroit. 7-6-1 Washington.

Amari Rodgers should not have been a returner in 2021. Allowing him to return, even after all the muffs & fumbles, in 2022 was unforgiveable.

That Nixon was obviously a better option and was on the roster when Rodgers was doing his thing is unconscionable.
What you say about Amari returning kicks is spot on. However, I don’t know that anybody, including Nixon, knew what Nixon could do in the return game until AFTER Amari was gone or nearly gone. Nixon has taken a big step since then. I know that your point was more about Amari. So I’m only adding this FWIW.

It is fun to see how the Packers actually look “sparked” anytime that Nixon gets the ball now. Maybe they should also do a few plays for him at WR, and/or Wildcat. Oh yeah, the Packers do NOT do wildcat plays. Lol.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Acrobat wrote:
I wouldn’t have said this a month ago or even two weeks ago. But our offense is becoming good enough that it is plausible to think of winning out. At least it isn’t as far-fetched as it was a short time ago.

The hitch to that, I think, is next weekend at Miami. That is a decent team. And GB has never done well travelling there late in the year, playing in their dark/home uniforms. Key will be the defense, I think. But if they can win, I can actually see a realistic chance of beating Minny too. I think the game against Detroit would be harder, actually.

This part of this season is taking shaping in NO WAY like I would’ve ever imagined it. But if we do manage to get a WC spot, I’ll need to formally send a written apology to Guty and MLF. Rodgers too, for that matter. I was stunned that he played really well in the cold yesterday. Hope he continues.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:53
Maybe they should also do a few plays for him at WR, and/or Wildcat. Oh yeah, the Packers do NOT do wildcat plays. Lol.
Yo, that's an awesome frickin idea. :shock:

Nixon at QB, Dillon and Jones in the backfield, maybe have Watson motion across. Lazard will be out there because he blocks well, then put in Lewis, who's basically an extra lineman. LOL, imagine having to defend that. :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
20 Dec 2022 10:44
BF004 wrote:
20 Dec 2022 10:20
Acrobat wrote:
I also think the most difficult game is on deck, which I prefer. I just like our odds against Minnesota and Detroit at home if everything is still riding on winning. Minnesota has won 3 of the last 5 against us. I think LaFleur, Rodgers, and company will be out for a little revenge in that one. LaFleur looking to avoid his first divisional series sweep in each game.
It's time for us to take out some animosity on these upstart wannabe's in our division :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:59
Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:53
Maybe they should also do a few plays for him at WR, and/or Wildcat. Oh yeah, the Packers do NOT do wildcat plays. Lol.
Yo, that's an awesome frickin idea. :shock:

Nixon at QB, Dillon and Jones in the backfield, maybe have Watson motion across. Lazard will be out there because he blocks well, then put in Lewis, who's basically an extra lineman. LOL, imagine having to defend that. :twisted:
Nixon at times looks slow, I think I was deceived some because of his patience waiting for the blocking to form up and defending Gunners also have 4.4 speed, Guty was brilliant finding Nixon available, same with Ford, even though he doesn't seem to have as bright a bulb burning, that out of bounds hit for a 15 yrd penalty is something you'd expect from a HS kid