Rams @ Packers GDT: Monday, Dec. 19th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:52
Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:25
Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:34

It happens all the time, and it was good natured, He was asked about the play and gave a direct answer, hell Rodgers never had to tell me anything, I new Watson screwed up, just as well as I know even the best of receivers and QB screw pass route, or pitch points, these guys don't have mental telepathy, yet Rodgers gets the blame.
A lot of fans have turned on Rodgers even tho he is still our starter. Fans didn't turn on Favre until he signed with MN.
they've become hate filled concerning Rodgers, actually some seem upset that he is our starter, that we won, that where not tanking for draft picks and playing Love.

this was a great win for the players and us fans, those that couldn't enjoy it didn't want to, instead they look for something to complain about as DR J did.

Watson not paying attention for a play change can be and was a simple rookie mistake, but it's also reminiscent of other simple mistakes our seasoned vets have been making all year on this defense, Rasul Douglas still plays the run well, but his coverage ability has drastically declined, and it seems to be because he acts dumb founded most of the time, same with others on this defense, our players act confused to often
Much hate. Much.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:48
Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:31
go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 06:45

So basically what he did in the 2022 offseason?

I guess my stance is primarily wanting a QB who is growing up with the guys. I just think it's a weird dynamic when you have a QB at a place so long that he gets his own schedule, own office, hangs out with only his buddies, etc. There is something to a young and hungry QB growing up with his team that makes team bonding special.

I just don't see that with 12 anymore. And it's too bad because I really, really like the young players on this team. This rookie class looks special. The defense is nowhere near championship caliber and will need a re-haul but you can see the foundation with the offense. I would be curious to see how this Oline performs against a good Dline. They have played trash the last two weeks. Curious how they would handle a SF.

My guess is I don't want to know the answer....though I thought they performed pretty well vs Philly.
When did Rodgers get his own office? I thought that was Favre...
Never said Rodgers had his own office.

First paragraph was more about generalities that long time QBs have a different dynamic with a young team as they aren't as much of the "part of the guys" since they aren't in that growth struggle like the rest of the team.
then say your generalizing next time, I took your comment the same way Pugger did.

why would you want a QB in a growth struggle in the first place? why wouldn't you want a QB young players can look up to and learn from? this isn't some fraternity here, do you not look up to workers at your job who know more about it then you? your comment doesn't make sense, and yes, seniority does come with certain privilege, as it should.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:58
Yoop wrote:
Pugger wrote:

A lot of fans have turned on Rodgers even tho he is still our starter. Fans didn't turn on Favre until he signed with MN.
they've become hate filled concerning Rodgers, actually some seem upset that he is our starter, that we won, that where not tanking for draft picks and playing Love.

this was a great win for the players and us fans, those that couldn't enjoy it didn't want to, instead they look for something to complain about as DR J did.

Watson not paying attention for a play change can be and was a simple rookie mistake, but it's also reminiscent of other simple mistakes our seasoned vets have been making all year on this defense, Rasul Douglas still plays the run well, but his coverage ability has drastically declined, and it seems to be because he acts dumb founded most of the time, same with others on this defense, our players act confused to often
Much hate. Much.
obviously

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Much hate. Much.
Your hatred of a football player isn't healthy.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2022 09:11
go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:48
Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2022 08:31

When did Rodgers get his own office? I thought that was Favre...
Never said Rodgers had his own office.

First paragraph was more about generalities that long time QBs have a different dynamic with a young team as they aren't as much of the "part of the guys" since they aren't in that growth struggle like the rest of the team.
then say your generalizing next time, I took your comment the same way Pugger did.
Shouldn't have to. Never mentioned the word Rodgers, 12, he or anything in that paragraph.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

why would you want a QB in a growth struggle in the first place? why wouldn't you want a QB young players can look up to and learn from? this isn't some fraternity here, do you not look up to workers at your job who know more about it then you? your comment doesn't make sense, and yes, seniority does come with certain privilege, as it should.
It absolutely can work if the veteran embraces it.

And that is what is up for debate (is the veteran embracing it)... and it's up for debate because the outsiders' views are based on their own preconceived notions one way or the other. Not saying anyone is right because I don't know who is right.

But I do have my stance and I believe we have a young and talented roster on the offense. We just have a major question mark at the QB position long term that needs to get figured out.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 09:34
Yoop wrote:

And that is what is up for debate (is the veteran embracing it)... and it's up for debate because the outsiders' views are based on their own preconceived notions one way or the other. Not saying anyone is right because I don't know who is right.

But I do have my stance and I believe we have a young and talented roster on the offense. We just have a major question mark at the QB position long term that needs to get figured out.
I don't think our OL is consistent at all, not at pass pro and certainly not run blocking, so we will probably take a tackle with our first pick, and we'll probably lose Cobb, Lazard, and Lewis this off season, Tonyan to, so we'll need another TE, that cupboard is empty, basically we have 2 possibly very good young receivers, and they seem to like Rodgers, so do the other players, that Rodgers doesn't seem interested in palling around with players 20 years younger isn't strange to me or probably the young players, the only thing they probably have in common is football, and your over blowing the disconnect there.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2022 10:03
go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 09:34
Yoop wrote:

I don't think our OL is consistent at all, not at pass pro and certainly not run blocking, so we will probably take a tackle with our first pick
Tackle is the easy position to go like, "yeah we need one" until you look at our roster and see the players under contract long term....

Tackle is probably our deepest position on the team. Unless Bakh drops out of the picture and we don't feel Nijman can be a long term anwser. But even then we have Walker and Jones who have the potetnial to be either great depth pieces or develop as a starter.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 10:46
Tackle is the easy position to go like, "yeah we need one" until you look at our roster and see the players under contract long term....

Tackle is probably our deepest position on the team. Unless Bakh drops out of the picture and we don't feel Nijman can be a long term anwser. But even then we have Walker and Jones who have the potetnial to be either great depth pieces or develop as a starter.
Yeah, Tom is a stud, Nijman can hold it down, and yeah even Jones and Walker look like they can be serviceable with a year of development under their belts. They liked Jones enough to roster him. In truth I don't think Bakhtiari will be that difficult to bring back.

Guard is a way bigger issue. Jenkins will cost a pretty penny; he may flat-out be unaffordable. If he leaves, we are left with one starting-caliber G, Runyan. All we have after him are Newman, Hanson, and Rhyan (in fact I think Hanson could be a 2023 departure).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:00

Guard is a way bigger issue. Jenkins will cost a pretty penny; he may flat-out be unaffordable. If he leaves, we are left with one starting-caliber G, Runyan. All we have after him are Newman, Hanson, and Rhyan (in fact I think Hanson could be a 2023 departure).
I don't expect Elgton Jenkins to be a Packer in 2023. I think it will be too challenging to make a deal happen. I also don't know if it is financially prudent to put the kind of money Elgton will be seeking at LG.

ESPN apparrently has Jenkins as the 3rd rated UFA in 2023. That will command a lot of money and frankly I question I if it will be worth it.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:17
Labrev wrote:

I don't expect Elgton Jenkins to be a Packer in 2023. I think it will be too challenging to make a deal happen. I also don't know if it is financially prudent to put the kind of money Elgton will be seeking at LG.

ESPN apparrently has Jenkins as the 3rd rated UFA in 2023. That will command a lot of money and frankly I question I if it will be worth it.
You don't pay guards top dollar. And Jenkins will want tackle money (RT at keast, maybe LT).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Nijman showed last night why he was a late round pick, toooo slow against speed rushers, and Toms gets pushed around, and there is no way the Packers will let Jenkins go, just because he had a rough time at RT doesn't mean he can't be one, he was coming off a ACL, look how long if ever B ahk will recover from that, Jenkins will probably get another shot at it this off season, if ya want to be a running football team our OL needs to be more consistent, and they may become that with more time.

I expect a injury settlement with Bahktiari, or we'll cut him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:52
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

You don't pay guards top dollar. And Jenkins will want tackle money (RT at keast, maybe LT).
sure you do, LG's make relatively the same money as RT, Jenkins isn't going anywhere :thwap: If Gary is staying then so is Jenkins, if ya want to run the ball then ya need players like Jenkins

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2022 09:15
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Much hate. Much.
obviously
Rasul is a guy who carries baggage. Always has and maybe he always will. The one thing that he does that stood out to me was when he STOOD there while the TE caught a TD pass. He might not have been responsible for the coverage. But he was the closest guy there. And he did nothing. Why didn’t he given even a token gesture to contest that pass?

Lombardi would be furious.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:42
I wonder if that was actually a coming out for Quay. He was splitting gaps with speed. Maybe the game has finally slowed down for him? I know that Aikman spoke a little about it (barf!), but it’s a point. Quay is a rookie. But you saw him take good risks, bring aggression to the LOS, and still hold down his spot. Better than AJ Hawk ever was.

Hahahaha

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I wanted to pipe in about several players from last night.

Wyatt. Good job! Excellent hope for 2023.

Quay Walker. This kid is starting to show first round talent. I’m wondering if the game speed is slowing down for him now and that we’ll see many flashes in the remaining games.

Nixon. There’s a real spark when he gets the ball. It isn’t about returning kicks. You see him pick his spots and get North-South with a vengeance. Maybe the last time we saw that was Allen Rossum. I’d like to explore some plays for him on offense too, especially if a WR gets injured again. (Yeah, hush my mouth!)

Aaron Rodgers. I didn’t see him playing very well in the cold, but he did. I think the key was keeping him protected. He had a dirty uniform for sure. But overall, the protection was good. Two more cold weather games to go. Can he do it two more times in the cold?

Rasul. I wonder if he is taking plays off. I’m not a coach so I won’t go dogmatic on that. But he just stood there when a TE went into his zone for a TD.

Doubs. Gotta say that he had some nice plays scripted for him. With Watson’s emergence, Doubs can give the type of support that suits him. (He is not a WR1.) And I think he’s up to it.

Offense. Aside from two turnovers and a couple of penalties, it seemed like they moved the ball at will against a quality defense that clearly played with desire and intensity. We haven’t seen that prior to this in 2022. We are also seeing new designs and that’s exciting. Bodes well.

Dillon. As December progresses, we see the value we have in him, like we haven’t seen for much of 2022. When it gets cold, this guy is gold. I hope the potential concussion turns into little or nothing. We need him.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2022 11:53
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Nijman showed last night why he was a late round pick, toooo slow against speed rushers, and Toms gets pushed around, and there is no way the Packers will let Jenkins go, just because he had a rough time at RT doesn't mean he can't be one, he was coming off a ACL, look how long if ever B ahk will recover from that, Jenkins will probably get another shot at it this off season, if ya want to be a running football team our OL needs to be more consistent, and they may become that with more time.

I expect a injury settlement with Bahktiari, or we'll cut him.
So even though he never showed it, you are assuming Jenkins will get another shot and excel at RT and even though he has shown it, you don't expect "Toms" (apparently we have two of them) to further develop and grow into either of the tackle spots?

Both Zach Toms did very well in the run game yesterday. Especially in the first half. The O line dominated the Rams.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Jenkins is back next year, it will be because he took a very backloaded deal and probably a hometown discount.

But if he goes to the team that offers him the most money, he's outta here; we flat-out can't afford him in a bidding war with teams that have a lot more to spend.

That is the price we pay for making Rodgers the all-time-highest-paid player. It's not just cash in the abstract, it's the loss of players that get priced out of our budget.

Jenkins is good but not elite, and some team is going to offer him Elite OL money. It's not unreasonable to think he will get to that level, but it's an overpay until proven otherwise. I'm sure our mgmt wants very much to keep him, but I think they will have to let him walk.
Last edited by Labrev on 20 Dec 2022 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:59
Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:39
Yoop wrote:
19 Dec 2022 23:34

It happens all the time, and it was good natured, He was asked about the play and gave a direct answer, hell Rodgers never had to tell me anything, I new Watson screwed up, just as well as I know even the best of receivers and QB screw pass route, or pitch points, these guys don't have mental telepathy, yet Rodgers gets the blame.
You would defend rodgers no matter what. I bet if he took 50 million of the cap, did hallucigenics in the off-season instead of attend OTAs with new receivers, threatened to retire, and only started watching film with the guys a few weeks ago that you would still defend him
why are you so gullible to believe all that 3rd party bull, I don't give a &%$@ that Rodgers did the hallucigence, or even lied about being vaxed, as to film study, mostly rumors, you make it sound as though Rodgers isn't serious about winning, when we've heard he spends more time watching film then the coaches, why wouldn't I defend him, he has been the best QB in team history.

Oddly, I'm with Yoop. Believing anything that is "reported" these days is dangerous. If it comes straight from the horse's mouth, I'll believe it.

Rodgers and his commitment to the game and desire to win are unquestioned in my mind.