Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Nov 2022 17:50
Skunk Stench is the new normal in the tailgating areas around Lambeau Field. Seems the recent tailspin is causing Packers fans to want to get stoned before entering Lambeau. Comments?
never thought winning or losing had any affect on that, personally :toke: :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm not sure a break for me could come at a better time. At the end of my rope.

Next week I've only got 3 days of work (though I may end up working some the day after Turkey Day). That following Sunday I take a 6 hour drive to go to a friends wedding. Not exactly my thing, I hate driving that long and I don't like weddings. But happy for my friend and happy to get out of here.

Monday I work, but it will be mostly catching up with people I haven't seen in 3 years. Then I get to go to the Monday Night Football game in Indy vs the Steelers. Going to tailgate and have some fun not worrying about who wins (though I will cheer for the Colts).

Tuesday and Wednesday are other work days, but will be fairly laid back and hoping to leave town early on Wednesday to go to Louisville. From there I have 3 full days to eat and bourbon my heart out. Just me, myself and I (not the best company, but better than anyone else). I'll probably miss the Eagles and Bears games. But I'm not that sad about it.

I'm hoping, at minimum, its enough to recharge me for the last 3 weeks of work for the year before another break between Xmas and New Year. 2023 and 2024 are already looking like they are going to be monsters that will try to rip off my skin and suck out my innards. But I guess that's why I'm paid well now.

I know something will happen to make me either cancel it last second, cut it short, or make it unenjoyable. That's just what happens for me. But I hope not.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

So I finally had my botox done. Done in Duluth so naturally I went to Chipotle.

They targeted 5 areas, 2 that targeted my chest, 2 that targeted my forearm and one that targeted my hand. Took about 30 minutes.

After the botox was done, they say you'll see results after a full week, with week 3-5 as the feel good area. Set a follow up with my Dr.

This, as well as my myomo, it's a start.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
29 Nov 2022 21:00
There is no material known to man that can stop a water drill.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2022 18:21
APB wrote:

…except whatever the backing material was that those items were sitting atop.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
01 Dec 2022 18:28
BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2022 18:21
APB wrote:

…except whatever the backing material was that those items were sitting atop.
Only stopped by the thickness of the earth. ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

When you realize you just ruined the last paper clip…

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

You know what....I'm getting acclimated to this Myomto. Have had it, and used it, for about 4 days and today I felt like its working. Yeah, my arm is numb having not used it in 4 years but...if this thing works...might be sitting up at Lambeau sooner rather than later. Or just be down for some games, I don't know. I'm getting excited but I know it's gonna be a while yet.

*their

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I'm guessing to don't know what Myomo is.
How does the MyoPro work?

Originally developed at MIT with Harvard Medical School, the MyoPro arm and hand orthosis device works by reading the faint nerve signals (myoelectric signals) from the surface of the skin (fully non-invasive, with no implants) then activating small motors to move the limb as the user intends (no electrical stimulation).

The user is completely controlling their own hand, wrist, elbow, and arm; the robotic arm brace amplifies weak muscle signals to help move the upper limb. It has been called "power steering for your arm."

While there are many prosthetic products for those who have lost their arms, hands or legs, and while there are orthotic products to support weak legs, MyoPro is the only wearable robotic device on the market to help restore function for those who still have their arms and hands but are unable to use them.
https://myomo.com/

R.jpg
R.jpg (37.1 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Attachments
685_main.jpg
685_main.jpg (95.34 KiB) Viewed 7333 times

*their

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

In other news...finally bought a bed, cost me $1300 but oh my god...the 5 minutes I felt was just heaven. I feel so much better already. Think I gained a half an inch on my right side...what was I thinking?

My PC chair is in bad need of repair too...

*their

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It's a wonder some people live to adulthood...

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Trudge wrote:
13 Dec 2022 11:39
In other news...finally bought a bed, cost me $1300 but oh my god...the 5 minutes I felt was just heaven. I feel so much better already. Think I gained a half an inch on my right side...what was I thinking?

Upgraded my PC chair today. $200 vs $25-40 Staples. I've had that chair for 12 years, it was time.

Oh, and made my PT and my mom cry today. Almost 3 weeks in and that's how it's coming.

*their

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Good cry??
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Trudge wrote:
13 Dec 2022 11:39

I am not even that old (40) but have learned it is important to do the little things to take care of yourself. Good bed (love our sleep number, never will go back to an inner spring). Good chair. Proper workstation setup. Good shoes and orthotics.

I went to a conference in 2018 that was held at Mayo in Rochester (American Society of Biomechanics). We got to tour the biomechanics and biomed engineering labs there. One of the labs was doing something similar to the Myomo.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Dec 2022 20:27
Good cry??
You bet.

*their

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Makes me wanna go outside and start tossing some tree branches over power lines…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Those dinosaurs and their reptile induced climate change…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Apparently I've been unloading crap out of the back of my pickup the hard way all these years...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The balls it took to keep filming this…well, balls or stupidity? :dunno: