Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am not optimistic about it, but we have had unlikelier wins.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Dec 2022 14:47
This is a double digit loss of I’ve ever seen one.
just try telling us that using all your fingers next time

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Relatively healthy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 10:25
Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:50
Drj820 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:32
I’m unsure what to expect. I continue to maintain that if you lose to the dolphins, you suck. If you beat the dolphins you are decent.

Because they beat bad teams and lose to decent teams.

So I guess I find out what my opinion should be on where this team stands based on this game

As for the recent hype, beating the bears and rams don’t impress me much. The next three games will tell a lot tho.
We are worried about beating a 8-6 team, of course we suck/ have sucked/ and may continue to suck :lol:

that doesn't mean we shouldn't root and expect to win, seriously what will you and others do if this team continues to lose next year and the one after, will you continue to root for this team?

maybe losing for almost two decades straight is the difference between me and some of you, through all of that losing I remained a Packer hopeful, bought team merchandise, drove 300 miles to Lambeau to root my team on even though it seemed like a worthless venture, I sincerly hope that you and others here would do the same.
I remain ever thankful that I wasn't born in a Detroit fan ship household :thwap:
You are a strange creature Yoop.

What you don’t understand is some people will lose a battle in order to win a war. If they pull for a loss, they still have the packers best interest at heart. They may want to lose in order to get a coach fired they believe is holding the team back, or want to lose in order to get a premium draft pick. All sorts of reason.

However, ghost implied none of those things..he just predicted the game as he saw it would be.

And finally…you said packers fans should “expect” to win each game…that’s not apart of being a good fan at all. That’s just being an insane person.
your living in some fantasy land, if you think losing to garner better draft slotting is what it takes, You are so short sighted, teams that do that have to do it for 3 or 4 years straight and even thats no guarantee, you just don't get it, Detroit and plenty of others been picking top 10 since almost forever and this is the first year the lions have been a 500 team.

and there isn't much I don't understand about this stuff. :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:50
that doesn't mean we shouldn't root and expect to win

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I interrupt the seemingly unceasing arguments and provocations to add a post about the GB vs Miami thread. Please pardon the interruption.

Green Bay will win this game, plain and simple. Why?

First, our defense will step UP. While it’s almost unanimous that Joe Barry should be canned after our last game, the defense is going to rise to create the greatest conundrum (e.g. Why fire the DC when the D has played well the past four games?)

Second, adding to the first, Quay Walker will start to wear a STAR very soon, if not already. The game is slowing down for him. See him pressure passers, wreck havoc on RBs, and spark his teammates to new levels.

Third, Jaire Alexander will rise the challenge of covering the WRs, if Barry will let him. He is peaved by his own slips lately, but motivated by his Pro Bowl nod. He will play tough. If only Rasul will do likewise…

Fourth, Watson/Doubs will continue to emerge and even impress. Just watch and see. It might even be good enough that Tonyan will catch a few balls too. And when that happens, our offense is pretty good.

Fifth, Kenny Clark heard people talking down his play this year. As of last week, he is back to PB caliber play. And that’ll help.

Sixth, you ain’t see Nixon return a kick for a TD yet. That isn’t gonna hold forever.

Seventh, the Jones/Dillon tandem is just getting started with what it should’ve been all year.

Eighth, Aaron Rodgers playing in warm weather. Nuf sed.

If all of this is too confident, check out the final score.

Packers 45
Dolphins 28

Merry Christmas one and all!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Dec 2022 16:39
Fourth, Watson/Doubs will continue to emerge and even impress. Just watch and see. It might even be good enough that Tonyan will catch a few balls too. And when that happens, our offense is pretty good.
Good call

from twitter

Since Week 10 when Christian Watson broke out, the Packers are 3rd in offensive DVOA.
And that includes multiple games without Romeo Doubs and Randall Cobb.

IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
22 Dec 2022 15:07
I am not optimistic about it, but we have had unlikelier wins.
So far 60% of the people on this board are taking the Dolphins. Votes aren't all in yet. There's probably absentee ballots out there that we don't know about. :rotf:

I took the Packers. :clap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Packers 45
Dolphins 28

Merry Christmas one and all!
luv your post, the expected score, and Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the forum too. :aok:

GO PACK GO

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's a link to the Sagarin Ratings for the NFL

Packers and Dolphins are equally rated, Dolphins should be favored by 2 pts for home field

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm

Current vegas line is Phins by 3.5 with 64 % of the bets and 87 % of the $$ taking the Packers and the points. And they're betting the over.
We'll see how that changes as we get closer to Christmas morning

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
22 Dec 2022 16:51
Scott4Pack wrote:
Good call

from twitter

Since Week 10 when Christian Watson broke out, the Packers are 3rd in offensive DVOA.
And that includes multiple games without Romeo Doubs and Randall Cobb.

I feel like this is where I had envisioned this season heading...

You know you got studs at QB and RB, but progression and health of the OL, Bak, Jenkins, then the younglings, Myers, JRJ, Newman/Rookie. Turned out to be not really Bak, but Nijman, Tom, JRJ an Myers. OL has a pretty bright future pending Jenkins and/or Nijman and/or Bak.

Eventual development of the passing game, frankly I don't think you could have been as bullish on Watson and Doubs as they turned out, but figured it would take time, months. Aaron needed to learn with them.

Watching week by week, seems slower than expected, but December is about what I had written down for the offense ideally rolling.

Really thought special teams wouldn't be so awful for the first 3 months of the season, maybe slightly turning the corner there. Still no faith in Mason and field goal unit, not just to produce, but not to blunder.

However really wanted to be much better than 6-8 and needing a run the table + additional help experience. Defense really frustrated me this year, they got nearly all the offseason love, cap $, draft capital, they really needed to be a top 10 unit for us to be a 'current' playoff team.

All signs points to more than likely too little too late as we've been thinking for weeks now. But not because we don't have WR's, not because we can't score, but we are where we always are. Even if luck is in our favor, especially without Gary, I do not trust this defense.

That said, I'm still all about finishing out strong. Young OL and young WR's killing it, seeing Wyatt and Walker and Enagbare really stepping up, the secondary finishing on a high note. Gary back as a DPOY candidate, we can absolutely be ready to compete next year. 1000x more important than getting Drake London instead of Jahan Dotson in the next draft. /end drunken rant

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]BF004[/mention] 100%!

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 19:00
@BF004 100%!

So 100 or 1000?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
@BF004 100%!

So 100 or 1000?
100,000!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
@BF004 100%!

So 100 or 1000?
It works 1000% of the time, every time!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If you thought the cushions given to the pedestrian Rams WRs were soft, wait til you see this week….

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
22 Dec 2022 19:39

If you thought the cushions given to the pedestrian Rams WRs were soft, wait til you see this week….

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
22 Dec 2022 19:39

1st and 10 at the 25 and Douglas and Alexander will be at the 50.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lol but giving tyreke hill cushion and forcing tua to complete passes up and down the field without doing something stupid is absolutely the correct play against the fins.

I fear their gonna dice us up in the run game tho. Moestert may break some records
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 18:55
All signs points to more than likely too little too late as we've been thinking for weeks now. But not because we don't have WR's, not because we can't score, but we are where we always are. Even if luck is in our favor, especially without Gary, I do not trust this defense.
to bad these young receivers weren't in there second season this year, we needed them to be who they've become day one, in my best Lupe impression, Guty is fish intestines, I know thats a very timid impersonation of what Lupe would say, but you get the jist :lol:

I still like what Scott ( Grace) said, we can do this as long as these players on this list get juiced up, hey I watched the Majik man pull out wins like a magician pulling rabbits in half the games that season, so I have the faith that this team can do that too.